“Quiet & Enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #188 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Mississauga, Ontario
“Quiet & Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

This is our sixth stay at this resort. It's quiet when we stay here. Smaller size compared to the other Westgate Resorts. We are always here on off seansons May and September for 1 week stays. Everything is in a short distance from here. For example Public's, Drugstore, Sea World, IHOP just to name a few. I thing the reason we keep coming back here it's convenient and meets our needs and never disappointed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Love this hotel the location is excelent. Near to the parks, restaurants & malls.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Turn left out of this resort, take a right at the first light and you are in Sea World. It is about a five minute drive and there is little traffic on the drive down. You could not ask for a better location.

The units are spacious but dated. The TV's are old and huge. The beds are hard and creaky. The kitchen is small but has the basics. Although it doesn't have an icemaker and our unit didn't even have ice trays, it had a full size refrigerator that worked great. On the plus side, it has excellent water pressure for the shower and was clean. The HVAC system adjusted easily. The resort had a pool, shuffle board court, game room and volleyball court. There are plenty of parking spaces next to the units.

This resort has no restaurant. Restaurants aren't far but are kind of hard to find. Make sure you ask for directions before venturing out on International Drive as there are just a lot of timeshares and not a lot restaurants. The front desk provides printed directions to various places if you go ask.

Basic but clean and a fantastic location at a good price.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I booked with easyclick.com and got a 9 night stay in a 2 bedroom for 6 people for the total price of $529.00 including everything..no surcharge,no surprise tax or resort fees , not even a phone call or a solicitation for a time share tour...the best ever, extra clean, pool right there with a hot-tub, grocery , McDonald and restaurant nearby, 10 minutes to Disney or universal Studio, needed a few extra things, staff jumping through loops to help me...I kept their number and my next trips to Florida will definitely be there...I do have a RCI time share and for the life of me, I could not book anything in Florida for March , this turned out to be cheaper than the useless timeshare we own and loose due to lack of vacancies....feel free to contact me anytime, we have been to Florida about 10 times at other resorts and for the price, this is the best...I have the resort manager's direct number for inquiries...good time....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
joshbrown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

We had a great experience at this hotel. 7 guys from my dorm went down not looking for the crazy spring break but were looking forward to seeing some young people. Our break was early, but we didn't see another person under the age of 40. Everyone, staff and patrons, were friendly and accommodating. (thank you people under us for not complaining when we watch TV loud). I doubt you'll run into kids at this place, we felt really out of place. That said, if you are not a college student, this place was very relaxing and the location is great for getting to Universal, Disney, and downtown Orlando.

If you are looking for a quiet place to vacation, this is a wonderful place.

Everything was really clean and the appliances worked well. We requested extra toiletries and they were delivered in less than 20 minutes. They had a new flat screen TV in the living room and everything worked well for us.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
West Boylston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

I have to agree with most of the prior reviews one thing that turned me off is we asked for a unit close to the pool and those smelt of must/mold so we took a unit farther away from the pool it was nice and clean and im sure har less ware then the pool side units this is a small complex so it wasnt a big deal were talking one building up we stayed in close to the first pool by the lake not down in the courtyard i agree those didnt apeal to me as far as any activities they arnt many most everything is at West Gate Lakes we never went over there we had plenty to do The best part is the location rite next to sea world closer to Orlando a wal mart close there is no internet on site but plenty of free wireless in the area

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

I have to admit that I had my doubts about staying at the Westgate Leisure Resort based on the negative reviews that I had read. We traded our banked week away for a last minute trip to visit our cousin “Mickey” during the Thanksgiving Holiday. We arrived after a long 15 hour all-night drive and I must say that I found the staff at the check in facility very friendly, hospitable and extremely accommodating. They honored both of my requests; a late check-in and a poolside unit. You can always tell how clean a resort is by using the public restroom located in the lobby -- it was spot-less, which also left a very good first impression.

We found our unit extremely clean and everything was in perfect order. No musty smell or bugs - bed or otherwise. The resort is a little dated, however, our unit was completely remodeled and everything was in good working order. We are a family of five and we always stay in a unit which has two twins in the second bedroom. Our 15 year old son volunteers to sleep on the sleeper sofa. These units also have two full size baths which make morning and bedtimes a breeze. Sure, the appliances were a little noisy, however, you must remember that these are commercial grade and are not made like the ones at home. We ran the dishwasher and washer/dryer mostly at night or while we were away at the parks.

The outdoor pool and hot tub were also extremely clean and well maintained. We had the whole place to ourselves all week. Two thumbs up to the housekeeping and grounds staff for making our stay an enjoyable one.

The resort is conveniently located just off International Drive, 5 minutes south of Sea World and 15 minutes from Universal and Downtown Disney. I especially liked the fact that the resort was quiet and uncrowded, unlike some other resorts we’ve stayed at in the past. Orlando Prime Outlets is literally right down the road with plenty of shopping and fine dining available. A Publix and Super WalMart are also conveniently located nearby for grocery shopping.

The only drawback I found with this property during our stay is that the unit did not have Wi-Fi. (although I have to admit that it was a nice change not having to deal with emails while on vacation) For all you techies that can’t do without your computer, Panera’s is right around the corner and has free internet available.

I would recommend you give the Westgate Leisure Resort a try!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Westgate Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!