“Great place to stay - away from the crowds” 5 of 5 stars

You added Westgate Leisure Resort to your Saves list
Westgate Leisure Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6950 Villa de Costa Dr, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Ranked #186 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
“Great place to stay - away from the crowds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After much surfing around, landed on this place, and glad we did. First. it is away from the mainstream areas, but only 5 -10 minutes into town - so it is pretty quiet. The rooms are clean, and well laid out, 2 queen beds in one room, with own bathroom, and a King with own bathroom - both rooms very clean and comfortable. Kitchen has everything you need. Living room, not large, but spacious enough to accommodate a family without tripping over each other.
The resort itself, very well maintained with clean pool areas. The one slight oddity - check out is 10AM - as a regular traveler, this is a first - but, I can understand the need for turnaround as these rooms take a while to fully clean, so I wasn't phased by that.
Bottom line - i would stay again, and would recommend to freinds

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are beyond thrilled when our guests have a fantastic experience with us here at the Westgate Leisure Resort. Nothing pleases us more than hearing positive comments that made your family vacation stay a memorable one. We are happy that the unit provided was at your standard of service and you enjoyed its comfort. As a timeshare resort, check out hours work differently than a hotel for cleanliness purpose. It would be our pleasure to have you visit again the next time you're in Orlando! M.B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the time of check-in til checkout, everything was great! The resort is off the busy path (side street off International Drive) but many routes to get to your destination. The room was immaculate! The pool and jacuzzi area was very nice and it also accommodated smokers as well(thank you). No complaints from me!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
We want to take the time to let you know how honored we are to know that you have trusted us for your family vacation destination in Orlando. We always provide all our owners and guests with a vacation that exceeds their expectations. We are happy to hear about the front desk service provided and that you took advantage of our strategic located property. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back very soon! Mika
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was here with two friends for a quick golf weekend, Friday to Monday. The place was small but clean and served its purpose. My only real complaint was that there was no free wifi, which is an expectation in this day and age. And even though we paid for using the wifi, you could only use one device at a time.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your feedback in regards to your vacation experience at the Westgate Leisure Resort. It is gratifying to know that you chose us while coming to Orlando for a golf weekend, as we welcome all kinds of visitors. Our owners do not pay for WiFi but our guests pay for a flat resort fee that also includes various resort access. However, we are currently working on our service and trying to provide other options to our guests. We do hope that we will be honored with a visit from you again in the future! Mika
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The complex is nice, I didn't expect to be that nice. I got a very good deal price wise. The condo was very clean, had three big flat screen TV's. One in each room. 2 bathrooms. The inside was great. The only cons was the front office, not very friendly and the housekeeping service even though I had the NO DISTURB SIGN, they would knock on my door every day at 9am. With those exceptions everything else was GREAT!! Ya! another thing was no WIFI, there was a $9.99 charge per day to use internet in your condo or public. I had to use my phone wifi.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your vacation experience at the Westgate Leisure Resort. It is lovely to hear that you noticed the cleanliness of our grounds and so many other features that we have to offer to ensure that your family stay is a very memorable one in every aspect. Our staff is trained and prepared to provide you with the type of service that exceeds your expectations; for that we apologize that you did not experience the exact same. We look forward to having another opportunity to provide you with a relaxing stay! M.B
Columbus, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed in building O (the letter), which is located near the back of the complex and is situated close to one of the two swimming pools on the property.

The property is an older resort, with mature trees and landscaping and has been kept in good shape. I consider this a plus.

My villa was a two-bedroom unit (I think all of the units here are two-bedrooms), with a king bed in one room and two twin beds in the other room, and a hide-a-bed sofa in the living area. The king bed was very comfortable. The unit has been updated, with contemporary paint and furnishings and carpeting, but it does show its age, with repairs to ceilings, walls and doors evident throughout. Both bathrooms have a standard tub/shower combination and single sink. The kitchen has a full-size refrigerator/freezer, gas oven and microwave, all in fine working order. The lanai has two chairs and a small table, which overlooks the parking lot and the 13th hole of the neighboring Marriott’s Grande Pines Golf Course. I would have loved to play that course, but too pricey for me! A washer/dryer combo is located in a separate room/closet on the lanai.

One downside to staying in building O is the sound coming from the nearby mechanical room. The machinery (cooling equipment, I think) continuously emits a high-pitched whining noise, which was very annoying. It kept me from opening the doors/windows and enjoying the warm Florida breeze, and from spending very much time on the lanai. The other mechanical room on the property also emitted the same noise, which I noticed as I would enter/exit the resort.

I booked my stay through Hotwire, and paid what I consider a very attractive rate. Hotwire rates this property as 3 stars, but I consider it to be closer to 2.5 stars.

Other items of note:

During my six day stay, I observed five instances of people performing mechanical repairs on their vehicles in the parking lot. I’ve never seen that at any resort at which I’ve previously stayed, and it made me wonder if some of the units are rented out as apartments. I’m a bit surprised that Westgate allows such activity on the property.

My unit was equipped with three flat-panel TVs, one in each bedroom and one in the living room. The TVs are HD capable, but the signal is analog, so the picture quality was less than desirable. Not that big of a deal, but worth noting.

Staff is courteous and helpful, with follow-up throughout my stay. You will receive an invitation to explore Westgate Resorts timeshare opportunities, but they are in no way pushy about it. I courteously declined their offer.

And now, the question I ask myself after each stay… Would I stay here again? I’m still thinking about that...

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pools and mechanical rooms/buildings will be much quiter.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
We appreciate your responses concerning your stay with us at the Westgate Leisure Resort. It is wonderful to hear so many detailed aspects that made your vacation stay with us a very positive one. Our comfortable location, complete units and friendly staff will certainly make you want to come back and visit us again. There is a side of the property that does not belong to Westgate Resorts, as you noticed. We look forward to your future family visits! Micky
Macon, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

I choose this facility because of the chain it belongs to. Westgate. I was so disappointed in the square footage of the rooms and the old decor. It was not up to par with the other Westgate properties. The place is small. The pool is small.

Room Tip: If you are not spending a lot of time in the rooms it will be fine.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments in regards to your stay at the Westgate Leisure Resort. Our property surely is a small one if compared to some of the other ones around the Orlando area but you can certainly select another one that would suit your family vacation needs better. Also, all our properties are in a constant process of renovation but they do happen on a basis of necessity and on different phases. Please, allow us a future opportunity to exceed your vacation expectations. M.B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

This is a nice place to stay in Orlando - it is smaller and quieter than most resorts which for us was welcomed - it is a bit older than some but we enjoyed it - people are very friendly and happy to help. You pay a weekly fee for wifi which only works on one thing at a time which could have been better. That being said, the only thing I would highly recommend not doing is the timeshare tour - it is actually at another Westgate nearby where they denigrate this resort as being substandard even saying that Westgate has sold it, give you a very poor breakfast/meal and 3 hrs of high pressure sales before retracting the relatively paltry gift offered when you signed up saying that some screwup was done by people at this resort that signed you up and/or Interval International that we exchanged through - all in all, we knew better than to sign up and were happy to get out of there knowing that would be 3 hours of our lives that we would never get back. If you go, be warned! And besides that, I liked this resort Westgate Leisure Resort better than I like the other one Westgate Lakes Resort with the high pressure sales anyway!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience at the Westgate Leisure Resort. It excites us to hear that you were able to enjoy your family stay. As a timeshare property we do invite all our guests to participate in our presentation and be able to get to know the benefits of becoming a future owner but it is all at your own discretion. The next time you’re in town; we would love to exceed your expectations once again! M.B

Been to Westgate Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!