“Overall pretty good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #186 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Boston, Massachusetts
“Overall pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had toilet clogs few times etc. but think its more the Eco toilets. Towel swans were nice touch!! Some cutlery was obviously missing from the holder when we checked in but we didn't do much cooking. Pleasant quiet place but omg the road in seems endless the more you drive it. Looking at the activities board makes you wonder who sticks around to partake when you have parks and peripheral activities outside! They reminded me of the old resort from "Dirty Dancing"...but in a nice way. We were so far from office we didn't even try to get a wifi hit, that's y we have 3G/4g. I see a lot of whining and just complaining just to say anything on here, but I think it was a nice stay!!

Room Tip: Don't want to give away tips or I will be crowded out next trip!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you had a “nice stay”. We strive to make your vacation a memorable one. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay and hope you provide us with the pleasure again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the Leisure Resort with our 3 kids for 6 days to attend a convention held at the OCCC the first week of August. We found our unit to be clean, comfortable, and spacious. No bugs, or timeshare pests wanting to sell us timeshares. The carpet seemed to newly replaced (greatly appreciated!), there were plenty of towels -- even pool towels in our bathroom cabinets. The a/c worked great (another huge plus for the hot month of August). The washer/dryer unit were out in the balcony which I think is a great idea as dryers can make a room feel warm. For the deal we found on the internet- YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN'T GO WRONG! Yes, the pool and other amenities are outdated, but if you will not be spending the majority of your day in the hotel - This is the place for you. If you are looking to spend lots of time using the hotel amenities, I would not consider this place. Its location is close to entertainment, food, parks, shopping, and the OCCC -- good deal!!

Room Tip: Building N has newer carpeting and excellent A/C.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you would refer to Westgate Leisure Resort. We always look forward to assisting our owners and guests and providing them with the ultimate vacation. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Just checked out today 8/7/13 . We loved this resort so much ! Very clean, comfy bed, updated furnitures , nice flat screen tv's in all rooms! Nice front desk clerks! I would recommend this resort to my friends !

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at the resort. The resort offers room accommodations for all our owners and guests. We look forward to seeing you and your family soon!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We recently stayed at the Leisure Resort for 8 days for a ball tournament. I was pleasantly surprised with the resort. They placed all of our ball team in the same building, which was great for the kids, as they enjoyed going from one room to the other. The room was very clean. I could tell that it had been recently renovated. The carpet was not the same as in the pictures on the internet. Along with the carpet being replaced, the room had been repainted, and it looked as though all of the cabinets and furniture were new. Everything looked great, and it smelled good too. I have no complaints at all with the room. When we checked in, it did take about 30 minutes to get done, and then we had to wait about 45 minutes for the room. I understand this, however, because the entire ball team arrived at the same time and were all trying to check in. Also, we arrived earlier than check in time, so I understood having to wait for them to finish cleaning the room. We walked by the room while they were cleaning and could see them inside working. They were even pulling out the refrigerator and cleaning behind it. The kids enjoyed the amenities offered by the resort. They used the pool, game room, work-out room, horseshoes, and shuffleboard. They all had a really good time, along with the adults. One drawback is that there is no wi-fi available in the rooms. You have to go to the lobby to access wi-fi, or use the computer in the business center there. My room was right by the lobby, so I was able to stand on the balcony and pick up the wi-fi without having to actually go down, which worked out good. I found the resort to be quiet and peaceful, and we were completely comfortable staying there. It is located very close to Sea World and Universal Studios, and only about 10 minutes away from the Disney World theme parks. I would recommend this resort to anyone going down for an extended time. It feels more like staying at home than a hotel room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies that you had issues with the WiFi service. We will share your comments with our team, as we are always looking for areas in which to improve. It's our hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My experience started like many other customerd with no guard in the guard shack!,but that's not where the problem lies. I brought my family, along with friends on a vacation in July. I checked in the hotel a bit late at night, just to be immediately pestered by someone wanting me to buy a time share. Went to the room and got settled in to find bugs in the blankets my son was using. Not one, but several! Knowing how people are, my husband got one of the bugs and we immediately took it to the lobby. By this time, it was 1:00 in the morning. The only one working on site was a security guard who we had to share the problem with. He came to the room to collect the bug infested blankets. That very night I called Hotels.Com to see how to get my money back and found out we couldn't get another room. The next morning the pest service came to spray the room. He sprayed the closet where the blankets were stored. I then weny to the lobby, and I spoke to the manager about the problem to which she said they found no bugs only fuzz on the confiscated blankets. Then she said that it was ants. I stood my ground and told her we knew what we saw and it was not ants. I told her I wanted my nights comped and she said she would move us to another room and give us a late check out. I told her that was unacceptable! She said that she would talk to the GM to see what she could do. We got to another room to have the toilet overflowing and the pilot light not work. Then on the last night we were locked out of the room. This was the worst experience we have ever had on a vacation. I would not advise staying in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to read that your overall stay was not satisfactory. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and the issues you experienced are not our usual standard of service. We have taken note of each matter you have had and will pass them on to the appropriate members of our staff. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to go beyond your anticipations.
Cheektowaga, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This "resort" is absolutely terrible! The only good thing about this dump is the front desk people are kind! First we own at Vistana resorts and this place was not even close to the level of where we own. The extra bedroom tv had lines running through it! The main bedroom had a lumpy completely unsleepable bed. The hair dryer was broken, water had the worst smell from it! My family room at home is bigger than the whole condo itself! No wifi in the room, gotta go to the main office which by the way closes at 10. Pool and sauna area close at 10. Anyone who has been to Disney knows that a whole day at the parks means one does not get home till after 11! A nice dip in the pool would be appreciated! When we informed of the problems, nothing was fixed! Do not book a stay at this resort! ABSOLUTE DUMP! Wish I could give a ZERO rating!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and for any inconveniences they may have caused. We have taken note of each matter you have had and will pass them on to the appropriate members of our staff. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Guest satisfaction is out top priority and we regret that we fell short during your stay. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The room was great but left blood stain on pillow sheet. The toilet clog like 2 time ask for unclog and never did for the 1 time the location was great. Good size room the bed was comfy. The bath tub drain went down slowly. No wifi everything needed to be upgrade to today model. The lobby staff was friendly. Gym machine was broken

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Leisure Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you experienced issues with the cleanliness of your villa. We have made note of each one of your housekeeping and maintenance concerns and will address them directly with the resort. We do hope that you will visit us again and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Been to Westgate Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!