We stayed here from December 23-30 2012 and were very disappointed. We used a trade thru II. We arrived prior to the 4pm check in time and were pleasantly surprised to find out our room was ready and we could check in early, that was the last good thing that happened.
We were given our room in Building L which is right across from the registration desk. We had a first floor room. All of this would have been great, had we not been given a handicap accessible room. The main reason we selected this resort was because it had 2 bathrooms for a one bedroom unit, well in a handicap accessible room the second bathroom is the handicap room so it is a roll in shower with no tub, no shower curtain no NOTHING. Other issue we had was the door to the unit only closed if you SLAMMED it. Well on the 4th day when the housekeeping staff came to do their "tidy up" they did not slam the door so when we got back from the parks that day our room was completely opened to anyone who would have wanted to venture in. This is NOT acceptable by any means. Also after the housekeeping "tidied up" up our room there were black shoe marks in the tub in the master bath and none of the beds were made and the garbage was not taken out, not exactly sure what was done while we were out. The week we spent there the temperatures were extremely cold, they were under a freeze warning every night and the thermostat in the room did not work. Also the washer and dryer are on the patio, which is really no big deal unless you leave something on the patio because the sprinklers are right there and your patio gets soaked (this obviously wont be a problem if you are not on the first floor). My other concern with this property is there is no security. The entire week no matter what time of day it was, when you drove in there was a sign at the security booth that the guard was patrolling, so basically anyone could come and go into this property as they chose. The property is also shared with an apartment complex that is not part of westgate, you need to drive through this property first before arriving at Westgate.
I have stayed at other Westgates in Orlando (towers, lakes and vacation villas) and in my mind this is the worst and does not live up to Westagte standards by any means.
The resort itself is located in a great location. It is very close to seaworld and universal. Disney is not too far away and there are a lot of shortcuts to get there (we travel to orlando twice a year and know all the shortcuts). The entrance is very dark though so sometimes its hard to see at night.
We currently starting to plan our next trip to orlando and will not even consider a westgate resort. My advise if you can find a different timeshare, go there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Leisure Resort located less than 10 minutes from Walt Disney World®, Universal Orlando®, a mile from SeaWorld and is close to International Drive, shopping and golf. Westgate Leisure Resort's lodging and accommodations offer spacious two bedroom villas. Each has a fully equipped kitchen, screened-in porch and washer/dryer. Amenities include two heated outdoor pools, whirlpool spas, exercise facility, sand volleyball, an arcade, and a mini-mart. Barbecue grills are located throughout the resort for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelsClick, Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Westgate Leisure Resorts Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Leisure Resorts Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Leisure Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Leisure Resort Orlando