“Spirit of Aloha Room for Improvement” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show
Disney's Polynesian Resort, Orlando, FL (Walt Disney World Resort)
1-407-939-3463
Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 195 attractions in Orlando
Type: Dinner Theaters
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is an all-you-care-to-eat, family-style luau featuring hula dancing and a fire-knife performer at Disney's Polynesian Resort.Situated on the Seven Seas Lagoon, the open-air covered dining theater provides a comfortable setting for authentic music and dances, with beautiful costumes, irresistable rhythms and the show-stopping fire-knife dance! The many nations of the South Pacific unite in an evening of spellbinding magic that tells the tale of a native girl returning to her people and her traditions.You'll almost believe you've been transplanted to the tropics as you and your loved ones share platters of authentic foods such as barbequed pork ribs, roast chicken, fresh pineapple, salad with mango poppy seed dressing garnished with Mandarin oranges, Polynesian-style rice and seasonal vegetables. Save room for the chocolate ""mouse"" volcano! (Parents of finicky little ones, fear not: There's a limited children's menu). Beer, wine and soft drinks are included for Guests 21 years of age or older (picture ID required). Celebrations are acknowledged in the show.
tequesta, florida
“Spirit of Aloha Room for Improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2006

Made reservations at the last minute to see this dinner show while visiting Disney in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The show is pretty good.....could be better as far as the story line goes. Also, would be better to have it continuous instead of broken up in segments. The food was marginal.....nothing great.....tasted mostly like re-heated, mass produced food. Ribs were very fatty, chicken okay, rice was...well, rice, and veggies were the same frozen veggies that you microwave at home. We were seated in the back with an obstructed view. Wish I had been told that this was a possibility when I made the non refundable reservation. I have to also mention that the $10 Margarita that I ordered was the absolute worst mixed drink ever made. Tasted like a melted lime popsicle!!! Yuck!!!!!!!
The show location was nice and the ambiance was pleasant. Waiting time before they let everyone into the show was ridiculous. Many things could be improved to make this dinner show a true winner. I would have to give this a C- if I were grading this show. That would probably be pretty generous too!

FL
“Loved Spirit of Aloha Show! I Have Been 3 Times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2006

The times we have been to the Luau, we were seated at the front tables. We had excellent service, wonderful food & wonderful show! I felt that it was well worth the money! We are going again for our anniversary.

Ottawa, Canada
34 attraction reviews
“really enjoyed the Disney Luau!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

We attended the Spirit of Aloha dinner show in September 2005. This counted as 2 table-service meals on our Disney meal plan, but it was worth it.
When we first arrived at the Polynesian Resort, the woman at the front desk exchanged our vouchers for tickets. Then we spent some time enjoying the beautiful Polynesian Lobby and gift shops.
We were gathered and walked to the Aloha theatre and had to wait outside for about 45 minutes before being allowed in.
Once inside we were seated and there was salad already waiting at our table. Then our waiter came around and brought fresh pineapple bread. It was absolutely delicious!
The main course was a platter of chicken and ribs. The chicken was good, but the ribs were amazing. As this is all-you-can-eat-and-drink, we asked for no chicken and lots of ribs. Our waiter kept them coming.
The dessert was not anything special. It was chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce. I expected it to be quite good being Disney, but it was just alright. Maybe it's because we had all the amazing ribs.

As for the show, the first part is a rather hokey story about a girl returning to the islands and reconnecting with her friends and family. But once that part is over, the show gets really good. The dancers and band are great, and the highlight of the show is the Polynesian fire dancer at the end of the show. It's unbelievable. As good as any authentic luau in Hawaii.

There were a ton of children at this show, and I would stress that this is more of an adult oriented show. Children didn't seem impressed by the dancing, so they just ran around the theatre. I would leave the kids in the hotel for this show. The meal and the show is not appealing to them. Bring the kids to the hoopdy-doo revue instead, and use this for a romantic night out!

I would make your reservations as soon as possible, because seating is done at reservation time. Therefore if you book the show last minute, you will get stuck at the back. We were the second table back, dead centre, and it was great!

Give yourself some time to explore the grounds of the hotel as well, its quite beautiful.

Boston, Massachusetts
26 attraction reviews
“DO NOT GO to the Polynesian Luau”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2005

DO NOT GO. Our party was seated towards the back of the room. A member in my party commented on how far back we were from the stage to which the hostess Erica replied, "Well sir, if you don't like it you can leave it." (I should add that prior to her rude comment we were not being confrontational nor belligerent). Even the waitress standing behind us turned to the hostess and said in shock, "What did you just say to them???" Later that waitress returned to inform us that she had notified her manager.

At $50 bucks a head I'd expect simple courtesy. My family is in the restaurant business so it takes a LOT to get us to complain since we understand the strain of running a restaurant. In the end, we got back our money and left, just as the hostess had suggested. This is the absolute first time we have ever walked out of a restaurant.

If I have prevented at least one person from attending this thing in the future, then I've done my consumer duty. Save the $50 and buy your kid some books instead.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Luau on the Main Land”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2003

The cost was high at 49.00 per person for the length of time. Getting to the Resort was not easy at all. Even the people answering the phones for the resort reservations could not give directions as to where the property was located. i feel the time it taken us to find the Resort, park, get the tickets and walk to the area of the property that put on the presentation, was longer than the show itself. If you are elderly or can't walk a long distance, you're in trouble. The wait and lines were long and no place to sit. The food was good and the service was fast. So fast in that yoiu could see the frustration in the servers faces if you taken a bit too long to place your order. I as well as others around me felt the seating was very poor and expected a better view for the price. This was a big disappointment for us. Lastly, the show presented a great deal of Rock and Roll. We expected more Hawaii and less Rock and Roll. On a scal of 1-10 I would give it a 5. A been there done that, but would not go back.