“Not worth the cost” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show
Disney's Polynesian Resort, Orlando, FL (Walt Disney World Resort)
1-407-939-3463
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is an all-you-care-to-eat, family-style luau featuring hula dancing and a fire-knife performer at Disney's Polynesian Resort.Situated on the Seven Seas Lagoon, the open-air covered dining theater provides a comfortable setting for authentic music and dances, with beautiful costumes, irresistable rhythms and the show-stopping fire-knife dance! The many nations of the South Pacific unite in an evening of spellbinding magic that tells the tale of a native girl returning to her people and her traditions.You'll almost believe you've been transplanted to the tropics as you and your loved ones share platters of authentic foods such as barbequed pork ribs, roast chicken, fresh pineapple, salad with mango poppy seed dressing garnished with Mandarin oranges, Polynesian-style rice and seasonal vegetables. Save room for the chocolate ""mouse"" volcano! (Parents of finicky little ones, fear not: There's a limited children's menu). Beer, wine and soft drinks are included for Guests 21 years of age or older (picture ID required). Celebrations are acknowledged in the show.
Pennsylvania, United States
“Not worth the cost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I'm an avid Disney fan and have been to the Spirit of Aloha show in the early days and now. All I can say is that while the food is good it is not great. The service is very rushed at times and very different from what Disney guests are used to expecting when paying such a high price. The show is good, but still not great as it was in the past. Lower your expectations or you might be disappointed shelling out the big $$$.

Visited May 2012

North Bay, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“Great family show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was our first Disney Dinner show experience and we loved it! I'm a very picky eater and so is DD. We started off with a potato/pasta salad, vegetable salad with vinaigrette, and an island coleslaw, for the main course we had pork, chicken, Polynesian rice, and vegetable/fruit medley. I did not care for the rice and most the fruit in the medley the pork and chicken was excellent. DD had a hot dog, uncrustables were also available and I think mac and cheese. The show was great as well the only thing I didn't like there was too much down time between acts it’s a dinner show I expected to eat while watching. Once everyone was done eating they started interacting with the audience, anyone celebrating an anniversary come on up etc. the kids hula danced etc. My DD (7) was very entertained she loved the entire show and was amazed by the fire dancer at the end. We were very happy we went.

Citrus Springs, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“The spirit of the Diney Channel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

First of all, I know this show is at a disney resort. I probably should have thought about that a little more before i bought the tickets. That said, there was nothing in the description about half the program being written by someone from the disney channel. The goofy guy falling for the hot tomboy thing was painful. I was expecting polynesian dancing and entertainment not the other stuff. If you like cheese, this thing is full of it. I had hoped it was going to be more like medievil times and that it was a performance from beginning to end but no. Now with that said, once you get done with the crappy disney play and they start really dancing - all i can say is WOW. those folks are impressive. I really enjoyed the show - well i enjoyed what i could see of it from behind the big damn pole right in front of my table. so much for paying extra for the center section.

the food was fair. There was way more there than normal people could eat. The meal starts with a big tray of Coleslaw, Hawaiian potato salad, and a green salad with mango dressing. Then they bring out the main coarse which was roasted pork (sliced), roasted chicken, rice pilaf and mixed veggies. all were good but not fantastic, not even really good, just so-so.

I took my wife to this show for our 17 year anniversary and while we enjoyed it, mostly, i think we would have been happier somewhere else.

I NEED to point out one thing, regardless of how goofy the teen disney performance was - the performers were fantastic. The weather was cool, about 55 degrees F, and these people were almost naked up on stage. everyone was smiling and doing their job. not once did i see someone frown or seem uncomfortable while they were freezing their parts off. i did take note that the guy doing the fire dance was the happiest out of everyone. Even though he caught himself on fire once or twice. someone needs to remind them that the green leaves dont burn.

Visited February 2013
Carmel, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
“just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went with my husband and fiddler. Poor choice to bring a young child. Food was average, show was mildly entertaining (once they got through the first 25 minutes of cheesy act), service was verg nice and accomodating but the price was outrageous for the experience. We chose this over Ohana and I made a mistake. I would maybe recommend this for couples looking for something a little less Disney and kid oriented.

Galloway, New Jersey
20 attraction reviews
“Good evening event”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was our second time at Spirit of Aloha. We decided to do the Luau the first night so that the tired ones could sit, eat and enjoy a show.

The show is typical Disney. I would suggest they change the show or story line a bit but it was fun.
Food was family style Polynesian food. We did have a dietary request and our waiter had the chef come out and he prepared something special for my father. Over and above! Food was good, not great but not an issue.

Service was great and as attentive as you can be handling several table and trying to get therm wrapped up during the show.

The entire experience from the photo opp to dinner was a good night for our family.
We would recommend to others but not sure we would go back unless it had some changes, twoce is enough for us.