“food was just ok but the traditional dancing and fire dancing was great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show
Disney's Polynesian Resort, Orlando, FL (Walt Disney World Resort)
1-407-939-3463
Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 239 Activities in Orlando
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is an all-you-care-to-eat, family-style luau featuring hula dancing and a fire-knife performer at Disney's Polynesian Resort.Situated on the Seven Seas Lagoon, the open-air covered dining theater provides a comfortable setting for authentic music and dances, with beautiful costumes, irresistable rhythms and the show-stopping fire-knife dance! The many nations of the South Pacific unite in an evening of spellbinding magic that tells the tale of a native girl returning to her people and her traditions.You'll almost believe you've been transplanted to the tropics as you and your loved ones share platters of authentic foods such as barbequed pork ribs, roast chicken, fresh pineapple, salad with mango poppy seed dressing garnished with Mandarin oranges, Polynesian-style rice and seasonal vegetables. Save room for the chocolate ""mouse"" volcano! (Parents of finicky little ones, fear not: There's a limited children's menu). Beer, wine and soft drinks are included for Guests 21 years of age or older (picture ID required). Celebrations are acknowledged in the show.
Walpole, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“food was just ok but the traditional dancing and fire dancing was great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Polynesian resort was beautiful and we were excited to go to the "Spirit Of Aloha" show. It was my daughters birthday and we really wanted it to be excellent.
First, the way they seat people is very slow and confusing. They funnel you down a tight walkway like so much cattle and you hand your ticket to someone who seats you. By the time we were seated people were already eating and onto a second course.
Second, the food was really average and I'm being generous! The salad was swimming in dressing and it was limp. The rice , chicken and ribs were just ok and it was room temp.
The desert was not terrible but it wasnt good either. It seems most of the food in Disney is average unless you get reservations to a place like ''Victoria and Albert's.''
Now the show and setting reminded me of an old episode of Hawaii 5 0 , goofy jokes and goofy music.
BUT THE LAST 20 MIN WERE GREAT ! They did traditional Island dances that were beautiful and exciting to watch and both the men and women were eye candy! The flame dancer was super and made everyone in that place put down their sparerib. My husband and daughter loved this part of the show and said they enjoyed the experience. One tip!!! do the early show and then stay to watch the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian.

Metairie
6 attraction reviews
“Terrible customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had second level seats, and we were behind a large table who was drinking heavily. Behind us was a family of 12 who wanted to sit together, but staff would not rearrange tables for them to sit together. So, spent an uncomfortable evening with them in a bad mood for not being able to spend their special night together. Waitress dropped off food, flitted about, and only gave you service if she was coming back your way. Wine was rotgut. Food was awful, even the dessert. Show was better than I thought it would be, though Husband thought it was cheesy. Wanted to do it this one time, as this was an anniversary trip and thought it would be romantic. It wasn't. I guess the appeal of this is the free wine and beer, but I thought the food would be more plentiful and more options, too. Felt so bad for the family who was not accommodated, but was on par with the week we spent as far as Disney customer service. Really, seeing how bad they were treated made me not able to enjoy myself. Reading other reviews of Disney for the week we went, Oct 6 through 14th, wonder if the second string was at work this week while the good staff was given the week off. Had always wanted to stay at the Polynesian, but after this experience, will not. Resort was way too spread out, and too far a walk to get to the luau. Whole experience gave me a bad taste for the Polynesian. Husband likes the monorail, but I'm thinking the monorail resorts are not the place to stay.

Homer Glen, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Had a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I went to The Spirit of Aloha Show on Friday October 5, 2012. We loved it!!! The Spirit of Aloha Show is at the Polynesian Resort (which is absolutely beautiful!!!) I was glad I opted for the later show. It was so pretty around there at night. You have to do a little bit of walking before you get to the part where they take your picture. The you walk a little more and they seat you. We had excellent seats. I was glad I paid for the most expensive seats. Well worth it. The show was fantastic and our waitress was wonderful (I wish I would've gotten her name.) I guess beer, wine, and soft drinks are included, but I opted for a mixed drink. They do charge extra for those. I thought the food was delicious and they give you plenty! I mentioned to the waitress it was my daughter's Birthday, and they even brought out her dessert all decorated with a candle in it. Overall it was a great dining experience. I would definitely recommend it and definitely go back again.

Orlando, Florida, United States
13 attraction reviews
“Food is good, but not great ... service is a little slow going”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Show is nice, but the views are often obstructed and its just not something I felt impelled to go see again. When we were young we would come to Disney and stay at the Polynesian every year and saw this show every year ... it made a much bigger impression on me as a child ;) The show seemed very short once dinner was over.

Visited November 2011
Alabama
“Bad food, worse entertainment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I REALLY wanted to like this dining event. It started off fantastically, great salad and bread, sadly everything went deeply downhill from there. The food was room temperature, the ribs were tough, the rice and veggie mixture was disgusting. The entertainment was mediocre, and though we paid for level two seating, we could barely hear anything, and the script was silly in all the WORST ways. Bathroom facilities were inadequate. There were only three stalls for a crowd of over 200, and someone used one of those to smoke in half the time.