I selected this hotel for the pool and the property and I wasn't disappointed (except by the weather!) The surprising part was this hotel's service team and how hard they worked to provide whatever was requested. It seemed like they'd all recently attended a 'can do' employee motivation workshop or something. I was called in advance of my stay by the concierge to ask if they could arrange anything for me. I arranged a cake to be delivered to my room and a spa appointment. Now, some tips on enjoying the resort!
1. This hotel is connected to a Ritz Carlton. The use of the Ritz gym is complimentary for Ritz AND JW Marriott Grande Lakes guests, so check it out. It opens really early, like at 5 or 6 a.m. The gym is great: spotlessly clean, friendly trainers, fresh fruit, infused waters, towels, headphones, and incredible equipment, many treadmills and other machines with their own TV. Trainers offered what upcoming classes they had that we might like to join.
2. The spa is also great! Wear or take a bathing suit so you can enjoy big hot tubs inside, the steam room, and the sauna. You can use the spa facilities all day when you have a scheduled appointment, I think. I took a book about an hour before my appointment and put on my spa robe, relaxed by a large hot tub, had a cup of tea, etc. before my lovely massage. Afterwards, I used the steam room and sauna and took my time getting dressed. You can shower there, and there's also a private spa pool you can use if you have an appointment. I think 20% gratuity is added to the bill already. The spa was busy when I was there, but my therapist was great and I really felt that I got my money's worth.
3. The hotel property itself is just lovely to explore and walk around. There's a rose garden, the pool complex is great, the lazy river was incredibly beautiful and relaxing, and poolside service was pretty good. We're not golfers but golfing is right across the bridge on a Greg Norman designed course. Plenty of towels for the pool and pool chairs- they charge for rafts, unless you bring your own. I gave mine away when I was done using it.
4. You can eat at any restaurant on the JW Marriott side or the Ritz side and bill it to your room, same with the spa and pools.
5. Internet is an unsecured network and it's like 15.95 a day....other Marriott properties offer free internet on the same iBahn network so this seems a little silly.
6. Parking is also not free, but self park in the lot and walk in any entrance to enter the hotel complex.
7. There is a Starbucks that opens early (6 a.m.,and many hotel Starbucks don't open until 7 and even then sometimes it's hit and miss) between the Marriott and the Ritz, in the connector strip. It is great to have good coffee whenever basically whenever you want, on the premises.
8. There's a safe and a small fridge in the room. The minibar isn't weighted, as some now are, so you can move the stuff inside around and put your own Diet Coke or snacks in there. There's a Whole Foods nearby and we stopped for hummus and pita, milk and cereal.
9. We found the staff very eager to accommodate any request that we had. They went out of their way to do things like offer an umbrella for the day when it rained, deliver my cake earlier than I had originally asked when I decided I wanted it earlier, and anything else we asked them to do. Housekeeping was good and they do offer turndown service in the late afternoon.
10. Finally, this hotel is about 10 mins. from Disney theme parks and less from Universal. We don't have kids so this was very convenient for us, and we felt this hotel was luxurious, quiet, and highly enjoyable. I would definitely return to this hotel to enjoy the pools, the great service, and the amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott