“Wonderful Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Wonderful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Was here last week for a conference and was so overjoyed to be at this hotel/conference center. The hotel is beautiful and the grounds are so pretty. There is a walking path along the lake/water that I enjoyed each morning. Everyone that works here was so helpful and greeted you with a smile each and every time you encountered them. Couldn't be more helpful. The food provided by the conference was delicious, and one night we ate at one of the hotel's restaurants and it was excellent also. Room was clean and well-kept. Have no issue recommending this hotel except the only problem is that it is quite a distance from everything. Disney was a good 20 minute ride. Universal was about 15. If you are going to the parks then you have to decide if that is okay. They have a shuttle to Disney, which I didn't do while I was there. Also keep in mind if you didn't rent a car, the taxi ride to Disney (one way)was $35-40 for our party of 5. That was a bit pricey to add to our dinner expense when we went to Downtown Disney one night.

Green Features: They - I guess along with the neighbor Ritz Carlton- have created a lovely eco -system of native marshland along the lake. Many native birds live there, as well as a few alligators! Nicely done.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here the night before flying home, after a week at the Polynesian in Disney. The standard was excellent all round, but far too big for me & was also a bit remote from all amenities. Lovely grounds & pool area & huge choice for breakfast.

Room Tip: Pool & garden view.
Green Features: Didn't notice, apart from long life light bulbs & some organic items. Also towel reuse.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Suffice to say this is a J,W. and it is spectacular all around. The grounds are meticulously maintained, the rooms fresh and comfortable, and the facilities top drawer. The only bad thing about this property is that the location is somewhat remote and away from the main strips of Disney etc. That may be a good thing if you want to look at it that way too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice and convenient hotel! We just had our convention and was really good. People feel like home in here, good service and nice people making your staying much better! From the receptionist to the room service, everyone was very friendly
I will always go back there

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a Great Resort... Love Everything EXCEPT that they sell Cigars in the lobby bar... Then the Cigar smokers smoke right outside at the very nice Fire Pit. Sad that non-smokers and families can not Enjoy the Fire Pit!!! Cigar smokers are very aggressive too. Why does the hotel choose one type of guest to enjoy the Resort feature. Why is the Resort not a non-smoking resort except in designated areas. Not family or non-smoker Friendly.... I saw several arguments out by the fire on my last visit... Just feel Management is creating it's own problem...

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Oxford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in this property March 24 through March 31, 2006. I was at this hotel while I went out on a date that would change my life forever. I met my wife while staying in this hotel. I had an amazing stay and even thought of taking home with me the bed, bedding, furniture, and staff. I had an amazing time, wonderful night sleep, awesome Marriott service that I have come to expect. The best part of staying at this location is the grounds with the Koi pond (where I had my first kiss with my now wife). Eating brunch at the Ritz Carlton was wonderful, and Starbucks was a perfect start and finish to every evening! I took advantage of their shoe shining service and was very happy with the service.

I would stay here without any hesitation if I have the opportunity. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone who wants a 5-star stay and a 5-star bed to sleep on. I could not think of anything that I would or could complain about at this hotel. There was an employee who still sticks out in my mind when I think of J.W. Marriott, and her name is Marie. She was a wonderful person who befriended me and turned out to be friends with my now wife! She was super friendly and super kind with suggestions for places to dine, options for almost anything I wanted if I chose to dine on property, and willing to go the extra mile. Its employees like this who make the stay a wonderful memory.

I would recommend staying in a room that is way up to the top of the hotel if they have it available, the grounds are beautiful and its wonderful when the sun shines on you as you are waking up! Hope everyone has a wonderful experience just like I had.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floors if they have any available.
Green Features: No clue, I never pay attention to this stuff. I am sure that they are super environmentally-friendly. I am not, I like new towels each and every day when I am on vacation.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Did a getaway for my birthday and it was all smiles at the Marriott. Got a great Florida resident rate. Mary Ellen checked us in and gave us a great room with a lovely view. Staff throughout the hotel and at the pool were friendly, very pleasant and attentive. The lazy river pool was uber-relaxing. Spent 3 hours on rafts, floating under blue skies and lush landscaping. Ahhhhhh. The bed was clean and comfy, we slept til 930 (unheard of).

The front desk sent champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to our room. Wow and wow again.

Thanks, JW Marriott Grande Lakes ;-)

Room Tip: High floor, lake & pool view to see a bit of Disney park from your room.
Green Features: Excellent! Kudos for the bath towel re-use option, energy efficient lightbulbs and loved the toiletries.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes? Share your experiences!