“Beautiful Property” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hilliard
“Beautiful Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Beautiful hotel, outstanding grounds, excellent rooms. Hotel is a 4 star, is somewhat out of the way. There are no park shuttles here, no inexpensive restaurants. If you do not have a car you are stuck at the property unless you take a Town Car taxi. Food is very expensive. There is no were to walk close by. If you have a rental car, you can explore and eat cheaply in the nearby neighborhoods. Parking is a bit of a walk, requires a key card. I got free parking by being a Marriott card holder. Internet is not free. This is probably one of the nicest hotels in Orlando. Pool area is unreal, a huge lazy river. Service is outstanding. Being a large hotel, be warned tips are expected for all services provided.

Room Tip: You will need a car
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and our two children aged 12 and 14 stayed at the JW Marriott on March 14, 15 and
then returned after our cruised on March 23 for another 3 nights. When we arrived, on the thursday we were very impressed with the entrance and foyer. Beautiful! We were there early and our room was ready early as well. We were very impressed. Off to the pool we went and had
a nice time despite cool weather. No fault with pool bar service or food but, very expensive. We were prepared for this and don't mind since it is a four diamond resort. The next day we spent at the pool and went out for dinner that night. Came back to our room and turned on the light, my daughter screamed because a "bug" was coming out of the bathroom. It was a cockroach, and my husband quickly killed it. I was so disappointed. How gross. I phoned the front desk and told the fellow that we have a cockroach in our room. He seemed very surprised. He appologized and asked if there was anything else? I didn't know how to respond to this. He then asked me if I wanted someone to come and clean up the dead bug. I said yes, and then they could see for themselves what was crawling around the four diamond resort. About 15 minutes later a man came and with a glove and roll of toilet paper picked up the bug and left. No one really made a big deal out of this. No offer of appology or some compensation. When we checked out we made sure the front desk new about our visitor. I really did not want to come back to this resort but it is march break and we needed somewhere to stay after our cruise. So back we went on the 23rd. We got to the resort about 9 am and waited all day for our room Despite seeing others come after us and get their room. At 3 o'clock ,after 3 trips to the front desk to see about our room, my husband demanded a room. We were sent to room 5035. Same setup as last room. Very small beds. Ceiling paint in shower peeling. Window leaked when it rained. The flashing in cracked on the outside and water was pouring in. The safe needed to be opened by security because we couldn't get our stuff out. Sprinkler on ceiling by front door was just a wire or something. This is not a 4 diamond resort if you look at the room or service. The grounds are lovely and so is the property. I will not go back. We are loyal Jw customers. This was a big
disaappointment and not worth the money. This hotel needs to step up the condition of the rooms. And if you have one roach, you certainly have more.

Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Beautiful property on the edge of Orlando, but not far from the airport (MCO). Situated between the Marriott Vacation Club and Ritz Carlton sitting on a stunning 900 acres which includes a Greg Norman 18 hole golf course. My wife and I had a tremendous (pricey at $25 per person) buffet breakfast at the J Dub, but it was worth every penny...come hungry. Even better was the Italian restaurant on the property, wonderful fresh food (we later found out during one of our walks that much of the food is organically grown on the property) and great table service at a reasonable price. Really enjoyed my golf day at the Greg Norman course, I was given a ride from the hotel by a staff member to the golf club house. They have green fee specials in the afternoon and I was still able to get in all 18; along with the two guys they hooked me up with. Our forecaddie was great and kept things moving along. You can use any of the three pool complexes at the property, but we pretty much stayed at the J Dub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel/resort is one that keeps giving and giving. First of all.....BEAUTIFUL property. From the entry, to the walking path, to the golf course, to the food, to the patios, bars, restaurants, pools, activities, I could go on and on! I was here in January 2013 for a business trip for one week. My room, a double, was big and spacious. I was on the 18th floor and the elevators were efficient and speedy. This is important when company is having a meeting and large groups of people are moving on elevators at once. The food was surprisingly, really good. I loved that fact that I found a herb and vegetable garden on the property that is used by the kitchen. The food seemed to be prepared in a scratch kitchen and it was delicious even for the large banquet dinners. The staff was efficient and helpful. No blank stares when asking about surrounding areas, taxi service and/or restuarants off property. I can easily return here with my family for a personal vacation.

Room Tip: I prefer a high floor with good sunlight and a balcony. Be sure to make this request if important t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We took advantage of the AAA rate during the high season for a quick mother daughter spa get away. Property adjoins Ritz Carlton Spa which is first rate, elegant, and offers Florida resident discounts. Otherwise, this is a pricey spot. Sushi in the JW bar is excellent and the hotel is expansive and comfortable. Find a package which includes breakfast (excellent) and free parking.... Spa pool is beautiful, lazy river pool is huge and great for families. Courteous, helpful staff ; we love coming here every year. Also very close to Sea World and Discovery Cove....

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pools and lake offer a panoramic view
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great hotel and lazy river pool. Hotel staff was excellent! Fitness center is great. Nice hotel in Orlando area. Easy check in and check out. We visited in March 2013 and hotel was not crowded at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I took a family vacation to Orlando last month and had the privilege of staying at this gorgeous hotel! The Kids loved the lazy river and pool and the service was great! My wife and I were able to get away for a while and head over to the Ritz Carlton restaurant for dinner. Overall, wonderful hotel, great service, lovely rooms and relaxing outdoor amenities. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family