We just returned after a week long vacation. I had some reservations about going after reading some of the reviews, but there was nothing else available within our timeshare exchange for the time available. We decided to risk it. As many writers have indicated, the rooms need to have the décor updated. The rooms were large and we had clean towels, linens and were not bothered with time share sales. They asked when we checked in and my husband said yes, but I declined to go so we canceled with no issues. There were plenty of pots, pans, dishes with detergent, dishwasher detergent. We requested an upper level room overlooking the lake so we could see the fireworks at Disney World. We weren't disappointed.
We had some issues with the stove burners, DVD player and the safe, but the staff was very attentive and came to address these concerns in a timely manner. The elevator was very slow and we took the stairs most days. The housekeeping staff seemed to be using the elevators bringing their carts up & down. The golf carts were often going fast through the parking lots and the complex so we had to be watchful for them especially with small children.
We used the pool and found it to be clean and observed staff using a skimmer and vacuum to remove any debris from the pool. At night the pool was filled with teenagers, but the pool closed at 11:00 so it didn't bother us. A safety concern was noted when a thunderstorm approached and it was quite awhile before security closed the pool. When thunder can be heard and lightning seen, a pool should be closed. We have to remember that not everyone uses appropriate judgment about exiting a pool.
Westgate seems to be trying to run this property as a resort and as a hotel. Management needs to decide what it is going to be. A resort/ timeshare should offer all guests, regardless of whether the are owners there or not, the benefits of the resort, (i.e. pedal boats, fishing poles, etc. and activities) without a fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home! All villas are non-smoking and range from Studio Villas with kitchenette and large jetted tub that sleep 4 to spacious Four-Bedroom Villas with full kitchen plus two kitchenettes that sleep up to 16, all within minutes of Orlando's world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. With scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the Orlando Premium Outlets, 7 pools, full service Serenity Spa, Marketplace, Smokehouse Grill restaurant, Sid's Bistro serving Starbucks, extensive Activities program and lakefront Marina there is sure to be something for everyone. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is also pet friendly, allowing one pet under 60 lbs (fees apply). Come enjoy your Orlando vacation in comfort at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando