“Awesomeness” 5 of 5 stars

15% off room rate
Ranked #174 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
“Awesomeness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My stay at West gate Lakes was truly awesome! I would recommend this resort to all of my family and friends! The staff was warm and friendly! The amenities were appropriate for all age groups. The rooms were spacious and the kitchen provided ample pots and utensils to accommodate all guests and friends! Looking forward to returning!

• Stayed July 2014
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We feel honored that you would recommend us. It’s great to hear our staff was warm and friendly. As you mentioned, our rooms are spacious and we have fully equipped kitchens. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Idalise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was leery about staying here because of the reviews. But it turned out to be a very pleasant stay. I was provided with everything we needed including washing detergent, dishwasher liquid, pots, pans, etc. The property is beautiful and the staff waa attentive. Also, it is close to EVERYTHING! I encourage you to visit the website and research for yourself!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your response. We’re beyond thrilled you enjoyed everything our resort has to offer. We love to make all our guests feel right at home by providing them with everything they may need during their stay. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Lissy
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

the beds were clean it was a bit loud but the staff were really nice I stayed in the top floor my mum had a big bath 2 people could get in it with space I would stay here. you can only have one laptop on Wi-Fi at one time or you have to pay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
It is fantastic to hear you had a great experience! We love to make our guests stay a memorable one. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Idalise
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Check in was quick. That was just about the only good thing. We were walked to the concierge AKA reservation clerk for a tour. Promised 90 min tour but I know how that really works so we declined. The room was large but is in desperate need of updating unless you are cool with 1990 decor.

The room was DIRTY!!! Hair in the tub, food on the refrigerator door handle, "stuff" in the wash machine, what appeared to be mold in the shower. I would continue but I'm busy looking over my shoulder for the unsuspected!!!

Parking was the worse. We got to the resort at 10:00 pm and drove around for 15 mins for a parking spot. We called yto ask for assistance and was told we could park in the registration area and a employee would take us to our room. No thank you.

In short, if you want a cheap big room close to Universal Studio then this dump fits the bill. If you want to have a clean room that doesn't require you to spray Lysol and walk around with shoes on to avoid contact with nasty carpet then keep searching the web.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

We are so sorry that you experienced issues with cleanliness of your room, parking, and for any pressure you may have felt by the sales staff.

Our housekeeping team is there to ensure that each room is spotless and ready for our guest’s arrival. We have taken note of this issue and will let the resorts housekeeping manager know.

Unfortunately, with the size of our resort, parking can become an issue and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused. We are currently working on ways to correct the parking situation and appreciate your patience.

We want to thank you again for letting us know about your concerns as we take all of our guests’ comments into consideration.

Katrina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The resort is nice, lots of facilities, ok rooms and friendly staff but a few things were very bad:

- Parking was terrible. There is clearly not enough parking spaces for the number of rooms. Often had to park very far.

- Our room had a pretty bad smell. Like the smell of fried food. We were in the studio but the joining room had a kitchen. They may have cooked but the smell didn't go away the whole 7 days even after the first day when the staff cleaned the room. leading me to believe the smell is permanent.

-the toilet handle was broken from day one. I fixed it myself. Not sure who was there earlier that wouldn't have noticed that

- The first morning the joining room checked out and at 8am They started cleaning out the room! The cleaning staff were yelling and banging things around. Literally pots and pans. They weren't even arguing, just loud and laughing. It was insane. We were still sleeping and we are pretty tolerant but after an hour non-stop it had already left a bad impression of their service. Seemed incredibly inconsiderate to me. It didn't happen again but was unfortunate it set our expectation the first day.

- the place is loud and busy. Until very late at night (1am+) there are people all over the place, parking lot, hallways, yelling and laughing. Nothing mean, just inconsiderate. Seemed low class to me

- the resort seems to offer lots of cheap weekends to push their timeshare. The weekends were crazy busy and their golf cart sales people are zipping around like maniacs along with all the cars trying to find parking. You get the impression they are trying to fulfill quotas.

Some good things:

- Rooms were clean. Decor was pretty dated but fine

- staff were very friendly and helpful ( apart from that cleaning crew)

- pools and facilities are very nice. Very busy but well laid out.

- check in was fast and friendly

- we had free wifi the whole week

- nice big balcony

I'm really not a complainer. I'm pretty easy going but this is the first hotel I disliked enough to write a review for and can't recommend. Maybe it was the culmination of all the little things but wasn't worth it for the price.

Stayed July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our staff strives to be attentive and give great service, and we are delighted to see that you experienced that, with the exception of the housekeeping crew. Rest assured the matter of respecting the fact that guests are sleeping and that at all times employees are to refrain from yelling and arguing, as it is not the standards we have in place for our staff, will be addressed. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your unit as well as some of the on-site amenities. We strive to provide exceptional accommodations and a variety of onsite amenities, while being conveniently located to local attractions. We hope that the next time you are in the area; you will stop by again and stay with us.
Katrina
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

OK Where should I start?

July 4-11, 2015

{a lil about me, 31 yo, Married, No Kids, Love to Travel, Have Fun, and get Turnt up, I'm a Realist and im giving MY thought's/Real time info for MY vacation. It's always gonna be Real from my Heart, And I hope to help others out}

Check In at the Front Desk~ will be good I guess, lol.. SO after Driving 11 hours from VA with 4 stops we Got to the Lakes. Not sure of what time check in was but we got there about 3pm and Walked over to the Owners check in desk... Once it was our turn we walked up and this VERY nice guy I think his name was Andres Said Welcome, and asked for our Name while he was pulling us up in the System.. Once he had us up, I asked him did he see where I had called and asked for a NEW Villa in a New Building facing the Firework's, He told me yes and that he will take care of it.. He gave us our info and sent us on our way with a guy to NEXT stage of check in (Owner's Breakfast's) We choose to NOT get it as My DD (My Hersband) is the Bomb cook and we KNEW for sure they were gonna have us preview the Grounds for an upsell.. We GOOD, NO THANK YOU!! SO that was a WONDERFUL GREAT START to Vacay :)

Check into the Villa~ BUILDING 90 WITH THE VILLA # OF 9607!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!!! All I can say is I LOVE this NEW Building, and our NEW Villa.. I asked for the Highest Floor they had, and what a Beautiful Surprise. And to Top it off the Balcony that I could see the Firework's from had Vaulted Ceilings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO not on was it LONG & Huge, it was TALL and Huge!!! lol, the Hot tub turns like 5 different color's which was really Kool, the BEDDDDDDDDD is on another level, OMGosssh is was Beyond Comfy, while being on Vacay, you want to sleep in, and thi bed did it. gessssh, The Bar area was really great, the Full Kitchen, Huge Eating Table, Flat Screen, We DID have a Problem hooking on to the Internet, Had to call a VERY nice lady helped us, and it took a min but it Started to worked, Was kinda slow BUTT it did what we needed it to do, The Computer was NOT #1 while on Vacay anyway (it was FREE99 for Owner's).. W &D I think we washed our Clothes maybe 3 times, didn't want to bring no Dirty Clothes home..

Weather~ Each day, and when i say E A C H day I mean it!!!! it will rain for like 20 mins IF that, but two days it rain for a couple of hours.. Just bring alll kinda clothes with you...

Parking~ a HOT mess!!!! Dont you go out after 8pm and think you are gonna get a Park.. We had to walk through the Court Yard to get into our Building.. Which wasn't a Problem, its just NOT enough Parking.. GL with finding someone at the right time coming out.. Folks park all on the curbs, etc..

Pool's~ Well I MYSELF don't do to much Sun, and IF you do PLEASE protect your Self, Sun Cancer is NO joke.. They Had alot of people at them, but I didn't feel as if I COULDN'T get in, hellI had over 4 to pick from, if not more.. Clean, Nice, Drinks/Bar Food area.. (Bring your Towels from your Villa)

Security~ They were on there Job. I always felt safe, Every 30 mins I would see one Drive by on the cart, they Check on Things alllllllllllllll the time.. AT the Building we were staying at, we would use the Security by the BBQ house, its right there and you don't have to ride through the whole Property...

Trash~ PLEASEEEE take your Trash out to the Section they have for it by the Elevator, DON'T BE LAZYYYYYY, Folks pay TO much money to come to their home away from home to see your nasty trash by the door!!!!!

South Beach, Miami~ Um yeahhhh, We couldn't Come this far and NOT drive to Miami.. Ok so it's a 3 hour Drive there & back on the Parkway, $15.40 Toll, $1.50 Toll, and $1.50 Toll- all one way, so times that twice & PLUS gas round trip and there you go.... ( About to do a Review on the Hotel we stayed at for one night as well)

I THINK that's it, IF you have any questions.. Please feel free to Email me Traveltws@aol.com,

I will try to add some pix as well... Im ALLLL about reading a review, but i LOVEE to see pix..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for such a fantastic review! It’s very awesome to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! We love hearing that you enjoyed all your room amenities like the bed, jaccuzi tub, and balcony. We’re thrilled to know our Front Desk staff was able to assist you in a friendly and timely matter with your requests. We do apologize if you had connection issues with the Wi-Fi. Being such a popular amenity that is widely used, this can sometimes cause connectivity issues. We’re thrilled to hear that our staff was able to assist you with getting this corrected and for making your stay even more enjoyable.
It sounds like you experienced true Florida weather! We’re glad to know you did not let it ruin any of your plans. During times of high occupancy, our parking situation sometimes can be challenging. Please accept our apologies if you were inconvenienced. If available, our employees would be glad to give you a ride on their golf cart. We are in the process of working on ways to better our parking.
We’re happy to know you were able to enjoy some of the amenities and activities we offer on site. We do have 14 pools and hot tubs to choose from! We love hearing that our Security staff are doing a great job of making our guests feel safe! Our guests’ safety is our top priority. We are honored to know you chose us and had such an amazing time! We hope to see you again very soon!

Brittany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

As i arrived at the resort the service was awesome, until i was duped into a $40.00 deposit to sit for a timeshare presentation that was supposed to be 90 minutes turned into 3 hours with so much pressure. The no strings attached was not true as a free gift was a lead to sit for another presentation. Not Cool. The over all campus and resort was great but as long as you were not dealing with certain staff. A bartender who was antisocial unreal experience.
i would recommend the stay because of the convenience to beautiful Orlando area.

Room Tip: Beware of the sales reps.