We chose this resort based more on location than anything else as there were several of us going in different directions a few days. The 2 bedroom apartment was plenty roomy. It was great to have a full living and dining room as well as a decent kitchen. Nice to have a washer and dryer, but they were incredibly loud so couldn't do anythng at night if someone wanted to sleep. One bathroom toilet was clogged and after it was "fixed", it ran constantly. The bedrooms were good sizes and we loved having the outdoor, sreened patio.
Our biggest complaint was housekeeping. When they were fixing the bathroom, the housekeeper came and, since they weren't done, said she would be back. Despite our calls, she never came back. Then, the one day that we did get housekeeping for the week, they emptied the trash and took towels. Did nothing else. Left the kitchen the way it was with dirty dishes, left trash on the floor in the bathroom, and didn't wipe down any surfaces. That was a disappointment.
There is a little market in the front that sells a bunch of anything you could possibly need. That was a great conveniece for little items that we didn't want to go off site for. And the kiosk with all the parks tickets certainly saved us from waiting on lines at the parks.
Overall, this is a decent place for decent money in an area where that is not easy to find. The negatives were outweighed by the positives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home! All villas are non-smoking and range from Studio Villas with kitchenette and large jetted tub that sleep 4 to spacious Four-Bedroom Villas with full kitchen plus two kitchenettes that sleep up to 16, all within minutes of Orlando's world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. With scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the Orlando Premium Outlets, 7 pools, full service Serenity Spa, Marketplace, Smokehouse Grill restaurant, Sid's Bistro serving Starbucks, extensive Activities program and lakefront Marina there is sure to be something for everyone. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is also pet friendly, allowing one pet under 60 lbs (fees apply). Come enjoy your Orlando vacation in comfort at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando