This was my first time visiting Orlando and staying at a Westgate Resort. I had never heard of Westgate before. I was here for a family reunion and it was probably the most economical place for 100 + family members to stay. This would not have been on my Top 10 list.
When I arrived to check-in, It was total chaos! There was no one present to handle my bags, kids were running all over the place, and I wasn't immediately sure where checkin was. The main entrance to the lobby was not welcoming at all. The first thing you encounter is the VIP desk crowded with people. The checkin is behind and off to the right of the VIP desk. I'm not quite sure why they call it a VIP dest since everyone can use it...
This property has 3000 rooms and is massive! After checking in, I was driven to my room by golf cart and was told that I was in the new building #90. I can't say that I was overjoyed to here this, but I was somewhat pleased, for I had very low expectations. In all honesty, the room was Ok for the price point. There were granite counter tops, Kitchenette, 2 flat screen televisions,rain shower and a screened off balcony. It's a good bargain if you are on a tight budget and want to experience a taste of "luxury." Not my definition of luxury! They allow dogs in the rooms and that's probably why my room smelled like it.
-If you want breakfast, buffet is the only option and that was a NO GO for me. I had to take a 10 minute shuttle to TGIF Fridays for lunch.
-The cleaning staff ignored the PRIVACY sign placed on my door and decided to enter anyways. When I returned to my room the patio door was left open and my groceries that I had intentionally left on the counter were unpacked and the plastic bags were stuffed in the TOASTER! Crazy!
-I also overheard employees on 2 different occasions talking negatively about the resort and their jobs. Not acceptable!
All in all, Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is a discount "luxury" resort filled with a lot of kids and people that are not on my socio economic level. There were a lot of ghetto people on the property and at times I didn't feel safe. There was a security issue in my building where about 10 security guards were called to respond. The room next to one of my cousins, people were arguing and fighting all night and kept them awake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home! All villas are non-smoking and range from Studio Villas with kitchenette and large jetted tub that sleep 4 to spacious Four-Bedroom Villas with full kitchen plus two kitchenettes that sleep up to 16, all within minutes of Orlando's world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. With scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the Orlando Premium Outlets, 7 pools, full service Serenity Spa, Marketplace, Smokehouse Grill restaurant, Sid's Bistro serving Starbucks, extensive Activities program and lakefront Marina there is sure to be something for everyone. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is also pet friendly, allowing one pet under 60 lbs (fees apply). Come enjoy your Orlando vacation in comfort at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando