Party of 6 men all aged around 40 in 3 rooms.
Called in advance to make sure we were all together. Totally ignored and put in buildings at opposite ends of site!
Our friends the next room were smoking 'weed' and playing rap music at 3 am full blast and were totally ignored! Reception didnt care, supervisor was the rudest creature id ever experienced. She wouldnt refund 1 night but offered free washing detergent and milk!
There are lots of dark corners at this resort and the lift areas feel really dangerous. I would NOT feel safe staying with children. The resort has a very very seedy feel about it. Dont stay because you're seduced by the price. Its a dump!
This resort was probably quite nice in 1984 however not it looks like a seedy throwback to the 'Golden Girls'.
I think a lot of the reviews from owners are dubious to say the least however they may be trying to glamourise the resort in the vain hope they can sell off their crappy timeshare!
You will be offered a 'Welcome Pack' after check in. Its a scam, theyre going to try and sell you a timeshare in exchange for rubbish you dont want. Oh and check in is a PAINFUL experience. Expect to wait an awfully long time. we waited 50 minutes, but dont worry too much as you can pass the time watching at least twice as many staff on reception standing doing nothing but chatting and texting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home! All villas are non-smoking and range from Studio Villas with kitchenette and large jetted tub that sleep 4 to spacious Four-Bedroom Villas with full kitchen plus two kitchenettes that sleep up to 16, all within minutes of Orlando's world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. With scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the Orlando Premium Outlets, 7 pools, full service Serenity Spa, Marketplace, Smokehouse Grill restaurant, Sid's Bistro serving Starbucks, extensive Activities program and lakefront Marina there is sure to be something for everyone. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is also pet friendly, allowing one pet under 60 lbs (fees apply). Come enjoy your Orlando vacation in comfort at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando