“Perfect getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #173 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Lady Lake, Florida, United States
“Perfect getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

You just can't beat staying at Westgate Lakes Resort. The rooms are beautiful the pools are clean and refreshing and the staff is the best. We went to Epcot and Magic Kingdom and both days couldn't wait to get back to the Resort. Beautiful place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. Our whole team strives to provide a great vacation experience, from the rooms to the clean pools to excellent customer service. We look forward to being your "perfect getaway" again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel is honestly just a scam. They show you the nice fancy things that are inexpensive. It is near all the parks. They do a great job of getting you to stay with them. But then you're forced to sit through a "90 minute" sales pitch breakfast/lunch thing. Yeah it definitely didn't last 90 minutes. I was forced to stay for like two and a half hours where they try no matter how many times you say no to get you to sign papers to purchase one of their suites. Horrible experience. Would never suggest this to anyone, especially families who simply want to enjoy their vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Direct0r0fOPS, Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
We appreciate your feedback about your visit to our resort. We are sorry you feel the way you do however it is at the discretion of our guests if they wish to sit down for a presentation to purchase vacation ownership with Westgate Resorts. We do offer timeshare and we have many great resorts to visit and enjoy, however it is up to the individual guest if they wish to inquire and listen to a presentation. Thank you for your comments.
fort lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while going to Magic Kingdom and Epcot with my 2 year old. We had such a great time that we stayed an extra day. The room was very nice and we loved having the balcony. When you have a two year old asleep at 8pm it is nice to sit outside and be able to talk. The Jacuzzi tub was great! My little one loved filling it up with bubbles and playing! I had a massage the morning before we headed home, and I think her name was Beatrice, she was the sweetest lady ever and did a great job with my massage. The restaurants on site delivered to the room too! Would go back to this resort. Only problem was the line to check in took forever!!! but they gave free lemonade and popcorn while you wait which was nice for my daughter. :) You can see the Disney fireworks from the balcony!! However we had a big tree in the way lol

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can see the Disney Fireworks at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for any issues that you may have experienced during your stay with us. We are so happy to know you and your family had a great time! We will make sure Beatrice gets proper recognition for her service. We hope that you will stay with us in the future giving us another chance to show you how we can meet and exceed your expectations!
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My trip to Orlando was Awesome. Everyone was really great especially VIP service w/shuttle service. The sales department was cool, came off a little strong. I enjoyed the spa tub, very relaxing. They have so much to offer at the hotel and i was glad i chose this hotel. I regret nothing, the hotel was great. We were able to check in at 1pm, and that was perfect timing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa with us. It's satisfying to hear you found everyone really great, enjoyed the shuttle service, the relaxing spa tub and all of our amenities. We're also glad that we were able to accommodate your early check in as well. Spring Break should be awesome, and we'd like to see you visit us again!
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I arrived at Westgate Lakes as I was attending a conference in Orlando and preferred to stay at a timeshare rather than the conference hotel.

This property is very well located, very close to Disney and to International Drive. The property is directly across the highway from Seaworld.

Arriving at the front desk, the greeting was quick and the check-in process was smooth (unlike some other reviews here). Once the check-in process is completed, you will be assigned a "personal concierge" who will escort you to your room and who provides their cell number for anything that comes up. So far, so good.

The room I had was a 1 bedroom suite, with a small refrigerator, 2 stove burners, a microwave and a dishwasher. The unit also has a combo washer/dryer. It was nicely decorated and was clean. If you want a bigger TV than a 26" flat panel and terrible cable service, go somewhere else. The one awful thing with my room is that it was facing hwy 4. The hum from the highway was deafening all the time and when large trucks were rolling by I thought some were driving into the room. MAKE SURE that your room is NOT facing the highway. Since my family didn't join me on this trip, I chose to only mention the noise to the front desk without putting in an "official complaint" as offered by the person at the front desk as you walk into the hotel lobby.

I did sign up for the internet service as I had work to do in the evenings - it's expensive, about $40 for a week. The wireless signal strength I had was awful as it was spotty (up and down). I complained to the front desk who essentially said "too bad" and wouldn't remove the charge even though I complained about it to 3 people over the week. I promoted my complaint to "my personal concierge" who said he would take care of it. It wasn't. I complained during checkout and the supervisor again said that "its been charged to the room so there's nothing he can do". I paid the $40. Awful.

I had asked my concierge for 2 separate items during the week I was there and my requests were never completed.

Overall, I would not stay at this property again and considering the multitude of options in this area of Orlando, you would be better served looking somewhere else. Try the various Marriott timeshares in the area - they're awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing highway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a great family vacation and took advantage of free shuttles to several parks. Played mini put put, ping pong and fished too. Great pools. Central from airport, universal, sea world, & Disney. Kitchen kept our food costs down. So much better than a hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are honored to be your home away from home. We are glad that you were able to make use of the full size kitchen during your stay. We like incorporating kitchens in our units, because we know it can help make a family vacation much more affordable. We look forward to your next vacation with us.
Suwanee, Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

First if all the resort is huge. So as you know there are benifits and negatives to that. It's all about location of your room. We stayed in the 2300 building which are the older rooms with a 80's feel. We stayed in 2331 which has a great view of a tree from the screened in balcony not the lake in which we thought it was. Make sure if you have kids to stay as close to the main gate as possible because they have 2 main pools where all the action, games, and food is. There are other basic smaller pools on property. They do have row boats we tried which was fun and a put put course. Both are free if you have the VIP activity card which cost $5 when you book. The gym is also great but located in the main building. They also have a activities bldg. which has free crafts along with ones costing $2-5 each. There is a Walmart down the street where you can get food because as I said you have a full kitchen plus a w/d to clean clothes. You also have a option to listen to timeshare here for cheaper rooms or just rent the rooms. Just count on 3 hrs. Of your time. So remember if you stay make sure you stay closer to the main bldg. the rooms are very modern and you will be closer to the larger pools,gym, row boats, rental bikes, and tennis courts. They do have 1 shuttle to the parks so book your reservation early so you can catch a free ride to the parks. This is located right around the corner from I-drive.

• Stayed April 2013
We thank you for reviewing Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. Yes, you are correct, we have a large property that includes sports, water activities such as boating and kayaking, miniature golf, crafts & activities, an award winning restaurant, Smokehouse Grill, a large amount of pools and hot tubs and so much more. We are doing renovations and apologize if you received a room that has not yet been done. With our great location close to the attractions and International Drive, amenities and dining, there is a lot to do on your vacation. Please visit us again soon!

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!