Stayed here the end of January.
Went with family including kids 13, 12, 10. Had a two bedroom unit. Was very nice place, about a ten minute drive max to universal islands of adventure, sea world.
Check in was about 11pm and was easy. Not sure how it would be during the day.
Resort seemed pretty empty when we went. Not sure i would like when full as parking is limited.
For the price a great place to stay. Full kitchen, two bathrooms, etc. much better than a motel and not any more expensive than a decent hotel.
For area in general:
Lots of places to eat close, that said you want a rental car. Nothing off property within walking distance, but minutes by car.
I know most people don't want to pull kids out of school to go on vacation, but if this is a once in a lifetime or once in several year trip pull them out and go in slow season. Whatever you do don't go over spring break or Christmas. I would imagine summer time the lines and the heat would be terrible.
We went January 26 to February 2. Weather was perfect. Some mornings we wore a sweatshirt to park. Could take off by noon at latest.
Lines for best rides at park no more then 15 minutes max for the whole week. Some of the coaster rides we could get off and get back in line and back on in minutes. We heard that over Christmas break lines for Harry potter ride were 2-3 hrs. Some said got 6 rides in all day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home! All villas are non-smoking and range from Studio Villas with kitchenette and large jetted tub that sleep 4 to spacious Four-Bedroom Villas with full kitchen plus two kitchenettes that sleep up to 16, all within minutes of Orlando's world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. With scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the Orlando Premium Outlets, 7 pools, full service Serenity Spa, Marketplace, Smokehouse Grill restaurant, Sid's Bistro serving Starbucks, extensive Activities program and lakefront Marina there is sure to be something for everyone. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is also pet friendly, allowing one pet under 60 lbs (fees apply). Come enjoy your Orlando vacation in comfort at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando