Stayed here the end of January.
Went with family including kids 13, 12, 10. Had a two bedroom unit. Was very nice place, about a ten minute drive max to universal islands of adventure, sea world.
Check in was about 11pm and was easy. Not sure how it would be during the day.
Resort seemed pretty empty when we went. Not sure i would like when full as parking is limited.
For the price a great place to stay. Full kitchen, two bathrooms, etc. much better than a motel and not any more expensive than a decent hotel.
For area in general:
Lots of places to eat close, that said you want a rental car. Nothing off property within walking distance, but minutes by car.
I know most people don't want to pull kids out of school to go on vacation, but if this is a once in a lifetime or once in several year trip pull them out and go in slow season. Whatever you do don't go over spring break or Christmas. I would imagine summer time the lines and the heat would be terrible.
We went January 26 to February 2. Weather was perfect. Some mornings we wore a sweatshirt to park. Could take off by noon at latest.
Lines for best rides at park no more then 15 minutes max for the whole week. Some of the coaster rides we could get off and get back in line and back on in minutes. We heard that over Christmas break lines for Harry potter ride were 2-3 hrs. Some said got 6 rides in all day.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Lake Resort
- Westgate Lakes Resort Spa
- Westgate Lakes
- Westgate Lakes Resort
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home with accommodations ranging from studios to large four-bedroom spacious suites, all within minutes of Orlando’s world-class theme parks and tourist attractions, as well as many family-friendly restaurants. A nonsmoking Orlando resort, Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is pet friendly, allowing pets under 60 lbs. With a variety of onsite amenities, Westgate Lakes Resort offers something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Venere, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.