“enjoyed our stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #171 of 329 hotels in Orlando
Bluffton, South Carolina
“enjoyed our stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

when we first arrived we were greeted by everyone! the line to check in was a little long but they moved along pretty fast then a nice older lady gave my 2 year old cookies before they showed us to our room. I didnt like how the rooms were two sided with A&B because all night we heard the people next door coming in and out but the good thing was you couldnt hear them once they were in! they also gave us a room over the lake in the building 5 where we could see the fireworks from disney that was a plus! The Villa was an ok clean could have been alot better!we stayed here for a weekend getaway to take our little boy to universal wish we could have stayed longer to use more of the resorts amenities! I dont know where people are getting asked about timeshare nobody not once approached me or my family about it! We would defiantly stay again!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for a new building the old ones look pretty old!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We appreciate you and your family visiting Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa and your comments on your stay. It was great to know we met your expectations when staying with us and you would like to return to stay longer. We offer some great views of the lake which allows our guests to watch the Disney fireworks display. Knowing we greeted you upon arrival is nice to know because we strive to excel in providing great guest service to everyone. Thank you for selecting Westgate Lakes Resort for your weekend getaway. We look forward to you staying long next time!

2,594 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Polish first
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I got a good deal on Expedia for this hotel. As we were going to be at disney all day I didn't want to spend a lot on a hotel and this seemed in a good location at a good price. I had pretty low expectations of this hotel and when we had to wait 45 minutes in a que at 2am to check in I thought my expectations were correct. However, when we got to the desk, ready to complain, the staff were lovely and gave us a room upgrade and helped us with little things like free wi-fi. The apartment was huge, we could have had 6 people stay there. The pools were lovely and clean. The restaurant is tasty and there is a Starbucks in reception which I was great!! Check out took 2 seconds. Job well done.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your visit to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. We want our guests to enjoy themselves along with providing a good value. Sorry it took so long to check you in. However, it was good to read how we addressed the issues and turned the situation around. We were happy you enjoyed all the amenities of the resort, our Starbucks and the Smokehouse restaurant. Thank you for the compliments. We look forward to your future visits.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The rooms and the resort are very nice, well taken care of, and clean. The room was quiet. The pools at the far ends of the hotel were very nice, and fairly empty...which was a good thing. However, check in took forever and then they pass you off to a welcome specialist or something who then passes you off to someone else who wants to sell you a timeshare. They weren't too pushy, but it was still annoying after traveling all day, and just wanting to get to your room. Also, the resort is very busy. Finding a parking spot was sometimes difficult.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa with us. It was great to know you found the resort nice and everything met your expectations with regards to cleanliness. Our apologies if you felt the check in process was too long especially after a long journey. Like all of Orlando we were very busy during the time you stayed with us, so if you found it difficult to find a close parking space we are sorry. We were pleased to know you had a good time and hope to see you return in the future.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Normally before making reservations at any Hotel/Motel/Resort I check TripAdvisor to see if there's any reason I should stay else where. With Westgate Resorts I didn't as my sister made the arrangements for her, my wife, daughter, cousin and wife to stay for 2 nights. I'm certainly glad I didn't read the reviews because I would not have given the place a second thought. However upon check-in I was impressed. We were greeted by Mr. Brahim Aitdaud the on duty Front Office Manager who was just a pleasent individual and took us to the Registration Desk where MS Detoria Hargis checked us in. MS Hargis displayed a keen sense of humor not often seen in the hospitality industry. She was just a nice young lady. Upon entering the first adjoining room I was rather disappointed by it's size but when we got to the next room my disappointment turned to astonishment at the size of the room. This room had the jetted tub and the walk in shower which were really large. Everything was very clean and well maintained contrary to the negative reviews I read upon returning home. Other than the towels being a bit thin nothing was wrong. Would have liked to have been able to stay longer than the two nights as the facility was so pleasent. One more example of the friendlyness of Westgate's employees was the morning I was walking to the Starbucks to get a cup of coffee I was asked twice if I needed a ride.

Room Tip: The facility is right off a busy highway so I would recommend a roon in the rear of the building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your visit to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. It was nice to know your arrival was impressive and you were welcomed by our Front Office Manager, Mr. Aitdaud, who assisted you along with Ms. Hargis. In addition, we were happy to know you were satisfied with the villa you were given and the rest of your visit was a pleasant one. Our goal is to provide a quality vacation experience with great value in an effort to create great memories. We trust from your review we were able to do this. Thank you for choosing our resort for your getaway. We hope you will consider returning when you have more time to spend!
Savannah, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Westgate Lakes. I just wish we had more time to enjoy the amenities. The location was convenient and I truly appreciate the fact that they honor our military. Thanks Westgate Lakes!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Welcome back to Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa! It’s always a pleasure to have you visit us at the resort. We love that you were able to enjoy the quiet location, the comfortable beds and our amenities. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Ariel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I, too, have no idea where all of the negative reviews came from. My husband and I were so anxious after reading the reviews on here. We own a timeshare and exchanged for this one. We had a 3 bedroom unit and from the moment we walked in we were so extremely pleased! It was neat, clean, and had all of the necessities we could possibly need. Absolutely perfect and we would gladly stay again in a heartbeat!

I would also like to point out that the check-in process was a breeze. We were approached with the timeshare pitch, but in no way was anyone pushy or rude about it. We politely declined and were on our way...as simple as that.

It's also conveniently located near tons of restaurants and shopping and Interstate 4 that leads you right to the theme parks.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your "amazing" review of our resort and your feedback on you vacation. We truly appreciate the positive comments, our team works hard to provide great service and a special experience for our guests. We want everyone who visits Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa to leave with wonderful vacation memories. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will select our resort again when traveling to Orlando.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Do not, I repeat, do not sign up for the hour and half presentation (that lasted more like 2 and half an hour presentation. The first person was very nice, at the end we told him we were not interested, he then had his manager come over to approve our free stuff, he was bearable, felt like we were at a car lot. After he approved us and left, our presenter went to get a copy of our paper work and came back with, a person wearing a black suit, black shirt open, chewing gum. My wife thought he looked like he was there to break our fingers. He was totally into himself and could not believe we had no interest in buying a time share. High Pressure, we final told him we were leaving. The place is nice over 2,000 units.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your time spent at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. It sounds like you may have sat in on a time share presentation but did not have the opportunity to actually stay with us. We offer the opportunity to purchase time share-however, this is at the discretion of our guests. Please consider making a reservation and stay with us so you have the chance to experience how great our resort truly is.

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!