The place is huge comparing to many other resorts. The service was outstanding. I never saw so many young staff working at the reception area at the other resorts like the West Gate Lake. Every staff was very energetic, friendly and helpful. Unfortunately we were placed at the old building. So many things were broken and could not get them to work. The elevator was smelling every day. We stayed in a 2-bedroom unit. The unit design is very nice and roomy with one exception that the second bedroom window is on the walk way side. if you leave the blinds opened, the other guests can see you in your bed.
We were discouraged to report. We just reported on very necessary things for example Internet, heat and hot water. The weather was unexpected cold when we were there. Staying without heat and hot water for 2 days was not pleasant. We called on the second day and the problem was fixed.
The timeshare presentation was the worst. We did not expect to participate in this type of sale. We were not told about this. At check-in we were sent to the timeshare table and ware told that someone would take us for a resort tour. We thought it would be a good idea to know way around, but we were in the sale pitch. We were told that every must attend the presentation. We were told that we must be there at 8:30 or 9:00 am. We usually get up late during vacation. This was the first time we had to get up early. Why do they expect the people who go for vacation have to get up early for this type of activities?
We felt it should be an option. The sale man was very unethical, rude and unprofessional. If you go there, you should prepare for this.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Lake Resort
- Westgate Lakes Resort Spa
- Westgate Lakes
- Westgate Lakes Resort
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home with accommodations ranging from studios to large four-bedroom spacious suites, all within minutes of Orlando’s world-class theme parks and tourist attractions, as well as many family-friendly restaurants. A nonsmoking Orlando resort, Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is pet friendly, allowing pets under 60 lbs. With a variety of onsite amenities, Westgate Lakes Resort offers something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.