The place is huge comparing to many other resorts. The service was outstanding. I never saw so many young staff working at the reception area at the other resorts like the West Gate Lake. Every staff was very energetic, friendly and helpful. Unfortunately we were placed at the old building. So many things were broken and could not get them to work. The elevator was smelling every day. We stayed in a 2-bedroom unit. The unit design is very nice and roomy with one exception that the second bedroom window is on the walk way side. if you leave the blinds opened, the other guests can see you in your bed.
We were discouraged to report. We just reported on very necessary things for example Internet, heat and hot water. The weather was unexpected cold when we were there. Staying without heat and hot water for 2 days was not pleasant. We called on the second day and the problem was fixed.
The timeshare presentation was the worst. We did not expect to participate in this type of sale. We were not told about this. At check-in we were sent to the timeshare table and ware told that someone would take us for a resort tour. We thought it would be a good idea to know way around, but we were in the sale pitch. We were told that every must attend the presentation. We were told that we must be there at 8:30 or 9:00 am. We usually get up late during vacation. This was the first time we had to get up early. Why do they expect the people who go for vacation have to get up early for this type of activities?
We felt it should be an option. The sale man was very unethical, rude and unprofessional. If you go there, you should prepare for this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home! All villas are non-smoking and range from Studio Villas with kitchenette and large jetted tub that sleep 4 to spacious Four-Bedroom Villas with full kitchen plus two kitchenettes that sleep up to 16, all within minutes of Orlando's world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. With scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the Orlando Premium Outlets, 7 pools, full service Serenity Spa, Marketplace, Smokehouse Grill restaurant, Sid's Bistro serving Starbucks, extensive Activities program and lakefront Marina there is sure to be something for everyone. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is also pet friendly, allowing one pet under 60 lbs (fees apply). Come enjoy your Orlando vacation in comfort at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando