“I dont understand the bad reviews” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off Room Rate
Ranked #173 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“I dont understand the bad reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I am glad I decided to ignore the bad reviews and went on to stay at Westgate Lakes Resort. Clean and spacious 3 bedroom villa in the third floor with a spectacular pool view. Good value for the money. Literally a home away from home.

Here are a few tips:

As you check in, request a room in the remodeled buildings, if possible in the top floors. Furniture was adequate, and we saw no bugs.
After check in, when they offer free breakfast and the timeshare orientation, politely but firmly decline. We did, and that was the end of the subject.
I recommend renting a car, as there are several restaurants nearby but nothing is walking distance.

I did not use the pool, so I cannot comment on that.

I decided to write this review to try to balance a little all the bad reviews I had read, which made me a bit apprehensive. In fairness, this place met our expectations. This is not a five star hotel, and you should not expect five star amenities here. Simply put, this is clean, safe and adequate place to stay while doing the theme parks in Orlando.

I would definitely return to this place; I recommend it too.

• Stayed October 2012
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We appreciate your review and recommendation of Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. We are very happy to read the resort met your expectations and you felt you experienced a quality vacation. As we explain to everyone, purchasing vacation ownership is at the discretion of the individual and you can decline if you are not interested. Our housekeeping department takes a lot of pride in providing clean and outstanding villas for our guests and we are pleased you found everything as you would expect. We are happy you liked the view of the pool. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for visiting us and for your recommendation. We look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Polish first
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

excellent location accommodations are top of the line, the bed is the best I ever sleep in my entire life. close to international drive, universal studios and sea world. the restaurant on property is amazing. there a few pools with entertainment , drinks and snacks. The only set back I had was at the time to check in. I was early so I had to wait and wait, is ok if you are not in a plane all day,
but the rest was fine. There is a wal-mart very close so you can get any thing you want I mean any thing. the resort also have a small store with lots of stuff to eat and drink.
I a good place for family vacations.

Room Tip: any room is good no noise to worry about . AC is perfect, very clean there are like home .
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your response on your vacation to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. We are happy that we exceeded your expectations while staying with us. Our resort is in the best location for traveling to International Drive, the theme parks or shopping and dining. We will do everything possible to check our guests in prior to 3:00 PM if there are available rooms. However, there are times we cannot because of occupancy levels and availability. If you had to wait we are sorry. It was a pleasure to have you visit us and we thank you for choosing Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, we hope to see you again in the future!
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Even though we say pictures & read reviews, we were very hesitant once we arrived to check-in to the resort. Upon arrival, the staff was cheery & extremely helpful. They took their time with us. When we were driving to our building, we immediately noticed nicely manicured landscaping, freshly painted curbs, we started to feel better...

Once we got into our room we were extremely pleased on how nice our studio villa was. This definitely set the tone for our week's stay! We would definitely return to this resort!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
It was our pleasure to provide a vacation experience which exceeded your expectations! It is always great to know our guests enjoyed themselves and found the resort well maintained and nicely landscaped. In addition to know you found our service helpful and we took the time to accommodate you is very important to us. We take these responses very seriously and we appreciate your comments. Thank you for choosing Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa and we hope to have you visit us again in the near future!
Buford, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our room was very nice and extremly clean!! On my 2nd day I was greeted by Ms.Trasy with housekeeping. I must say she is the BEST housekeeper I've ever experienced!!! I have NEVER had anyone ask if I would like my dishes washed.(you're normally responsible for laoding the dishes in dishwasher) Even though I told her I would get them she insisted and said you're on vacation you're not suppose to be cleaning (in a very friendly/funny way) I loved her spirit and attitude!! She definitely took great pride in her job and she did it very well!!! We need more people like Ms.Tracy in this world....You will love the resort- very nice grounds- awesome views of the lake and very friendly and accomodating staff. ENJOY your visit!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response about your vacation at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. It was great to know you found your villa extremely clean and our Housekeeping Team did a great job. We have shared your comments with Tracy and her managers so they are aware of your compliments. Our staff strives to provide good service and it is a pleasure to know we accomplished our goal. Thank you again and we hope to have you return in the future so we can exceed your expectations once more!
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just got back from Westgate Lakes Resort and the experience was outstanding. The staff was super and the grounds were exquisite. Our Villa was squeaky clean and the view was magnificent. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone going to the Orlando area. It was so convenient to all parks and recreation venues.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake. The sun sets over it. Beautiful!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for you comments on your vacation to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. Our team takes great pride in providing good service and creating a well landscaped property. To know you found your villa "squeaky clean" is outstanding. It was our pleasure to exceed your expectations and we want to thank you for selecting Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa while visiting Orlando.
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I just returned from 2 weeks at Westgate Lakes and this trip had to be the best one ever. I am an owner here and at the Villas but ALWAYS stay at the Lakes. This is my utmost favorite resort. Staff is so friendly and the rooms are superb. I usually come down to the Lakes 2-3 times a year as I bank other timeshares I have to come to the Lakes. The resort is super, activities are great that you don't have to leave if you don't want to and the onsite restaurant is wonderful. There are usually 4 of us that come for a week of fun. We bring our sewing machines as we are seniors and quilters and we have a blast sewing, doing parks and eatings. What is there better than that. See you in the Spring.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your comments about your two week vacation to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. Knowing as an owner how much you enjoy our resort and you find our our team members helpful and friendly is our pleasure. We value our owners’ comments and these will be shared with the entire team. Thank you for your feed back and we look forward to your spring vacation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for a week at Westgate Lakes and didn't want to leave!! We became Westgate owners a few years ago but this is the first time we stayed there. Our room was beautiful and super clean! All of the staff we encountered were friendly and went out of their way to help us. We called for clean towels and they were brought to our room within 20 minutes and there was a follow call to make sure we got them and if we needed anything else. Our building was a little ways from the main area but there is a shuttle although anytime a staff member saw us out walking they offered us a ride on their golf carts to wherever we were going. It was close to all the Orlando attractions. We can not wait to go back and would reccomend it to anyone!!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your response about your vacation to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and provide a memorable vacation experience. Our team members are continually focusing on how we can provide great service and exceed our owners and guests expectations. Our goal is to react in a quick and efficient manner in the event someone has a request or special needs. We are so happy you found how close the resort is to all the attractions, shopping and dinning Orlando has to offer. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to having you visit us again next year!

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!