“The good, the bad, and the funny!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off Room Rate
Ranked #173 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Blacklick, Ohio
“The good, the bad, and the funny!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Just returned from a weeks stay. I stayed with a couple of friends that had purchased some sort of travel package years ago (only good for a 1 week stay?), but never got to use it until now. First let me give you a piece of advice, it's easier to just give in and go do the time share sales pitch, because you won't get any rest until you do! Our phone rang every 1/2 hour-hour starting at 7am for 2 days! (at least the hours we were in the room, can't say it rang ALL day since we weren't in the room all day) Since none of us were able to purchase a timeshare (and I wouldn't even if I could afford it) we REALLY did not want to waste our vacation time on it. They even slipped a notice under our door telling us we were not eligible for a sales presentation! lol Finally after being woke up again at 7am, I answered the phone. My friend who I was staying with talked to the lady and was told that they just needed paperwork signed, no sales pitch. So she went down, but then called us to say that her husband needed to come down to sign also. We had plans, but were assured that this would only take 10 mins. Of course when we got down there, the timeshare pitch began! Keep in mind, we weren't eligible for a sales pitch!! lol They did use a new technique that I had never heard before, telling us it was such a good deal that they were offering, that corporate would prefer us to just walk away! Now that's FUNNY! The deal is so good that they don't want to sell it to us! I will say that even though we were tricked into the sales pitch and had to sit through 3-4 different people tag teaming us for the sale, it wasn't terribly high pressure. I have been though much worse, however when I say I don't want to do something I mean it and I don't like to be lied to or tricked, so I would not stay here again and I certainly would not recommend it to anyone. Having said all that, we were in the newer part of the hotel and the rooms were nice, but I heard if you got placed in the older half, it was a much different story.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Polish first
Crestview, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I own a vacation week at this resort. After I had checked in I was directed to another position to get my room keys where we encountered a vey inisistant person that we go to an owners meeting rhe next day. I had no intrest in attening a meeting when I am sure would have been another high pressure sale attempt. It iook almost five minutes to convince her we had no intention of attending that meeting. we finally started walking away before she informed us tha tshe had our keys and gave them to us.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Mahwah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Currently here for the 2011 IAAPA convention. If you stay here you need a car even to get within the property. Was told there is an internal shuttle to move about within. Non existant. Arrived on Monday for the convention. Inquired about the shuttle service and locations. Watited for 30 minutes in the local shuttle area and nobody showed up. Called the "so called" VIP department and they said they would send the shuttle. Had to call again and they sent someone on a golf cart to pick me up. Went to their on site store (very expensive) and waited directly outside the store for the shuttle. 30 minutes later no shuttle. Had the young lady in the convenience store call 3 times and nobody showed up. During this time 50 golf carts went by. Flagged down a golf cart to take me to my building.

As for the Smokehouse Grill and bar (only restaurant on site) and totally at the end of the property and need a shuttle to get to (just another issue getting there without having to walk a mile). Only opens at 5:00 and closes when they want to with no set schedule. Tonight was 10:00. Again waited tonight for 30 minutes (acutally a couple was there 15 minutes before me) and not shuttle. The staff called for a shuttle 3 times for us and after 45 minutes they sent out a person from the VIP area to pick us up. We are not here to waste 45 minutes because of their lack of customer service.

The customer service is terrible along with the shuttle service within and to the Orange County Convention Center. The place was empty and they put you in the middle of nowhere. They even admitted they were slow, there were no cars in the parking lots and yet they give you crappy accomodations. Everybody indicated they would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don"t stay here especially if you are a business traveler. Virtually nothing on site, too large...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
I apologize for the service that you received at the resort while attending the IAAPA convention at the Orange County Convention Center. I am concerned that you had difficulty getting around the resort during the week since we had two internal shuttles running day and night and six shuttles running to the conference. In addition I instructed all of our team to assist guests in helping them to get around the resort if needed. The restaurant was open each night until 10pm with the option of staying open longer if needed. The resort is quite larger however has many activities to do including swimming, mini golf, paddle boats, tennis, bike riding and a full activity program for the kids.
Marianna, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Okay...This is not 5 star, but i would recommend it if you are a family or trying to accommodate multiple guests. You can be as close or as far away as you like and still come together in common areas to be social. The rooms are GREAT; the children can be comfortable, but still have space for mom & dad to relax without everyone be piled atop of each other. I appreciated the washer/dryer and full kitchen in each suite. Half of our group had remodled rooms and the other did not...but, everyone was quite comfortable and pleased with thier accomodations. Close to Disney...I could not beat the rate for my group. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Here's a tip...when you make a reservation ask for building 100 ..it is completely remodeled. A...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on the resort. We have many groups that stay with us throughout the year and especially family reunions and are usually able to assign rooms in a location that they request. Some like to be in a quiet area at the back of the resort and other prefer to be near the Activity Center so that the kids a close to all the fun. We are continually doing room renovations during the slow time of the year and make every attempt to assign guests to the newest upgrades that we have. We look forward to your return visit to the resort.
Aventura, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

The website photos are fake and the rooms are old, with mold, old beds, very dirt carpet. Beware don't pay in advance. They charge me 1 night even i explained the difference between the Website and the real rooms. Beware!

Room Tip: Beware with this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
I apologize that the room that you booked did not meet your expectations when you checked in. We have several different room layouts at the resort and at times can be confusing when booking the reservation. Today I checked all of our internet sites and all of the pictures that represent all of our rooms and decor were correct. There is a difference between a studio, one bedroom standard villa and one bedroom deluxe villa along with the price structure. This is typically where a guest might think that they are getting a different room than what they booked. Either way there is no excuse for the room to not be clean to the standards that we have set at the resort. I have brought this to the attention of my Director of Housekeeping for him to review.
limoges
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I am an owner but have to comment that at westgate they know how to treat you right.Top notch rooms,service,Restaurant,and a helpful staff for park tickets.Along with a good shuttle service to the theme parks,an owners bbq,and add in a couple of continental breakfasts ,my party was both extremely happy and satisfied.We took advantage of discounted theme park tickets,shuttle service,on site pizza delivery(pizza hut),continental breakfasts,and a great meal at the Smokehouse on site restaurant.Your rooms are large and spacious,overlooking a lake,with on site activities for both kids and adults , they have many pools and hottubs and a fitness room and spa.Great Location along the I-4 with easy access to all the theme parks,with a walmart just a couple of minutes away to stock up on food for your stay,and if you forgot anything they have an on site mini mart.We had a great experience (9 in my group),and you will too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the great comments that you made on our staff at the resort. All of us work hard to create a vacation experience that exceeds your expectations. The resort has all of the amenities that anyone would need to have a great vacation and is close to shopping and all the theme parks. We look forward to your next visit to Westgate Lakes resort and Spa.
Sparta, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This place was absolutely beautiful. Our accommadations were wonderful, the staff was more than helpful. My husband and I chose to spend most of our time here instead of going to the theme parks simply because it was relaxing,but had activities if we chose to participate. We were so impressed with the location and amenities that we bought! Can't wait to bring the grandkids next year.

Room Tip: Very family friendly, the higher floors might have less pool "noise".
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on becoming a Westgate Owner. The resort has many amenities to offer including 7 swimming pools, marina, tennis, mini golf and several activities for all ages to do. In addition the location is another big reason guests continue to return to the resort. All of the outlet malls are nearby and you do not have to get on the interstate to get to the theme parks. I look forward to your return visit to the resort.

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!