“Great Stay in Orlando” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios

You added Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint John NB
“Great Stay in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

Stayed here with my family in July 06 - clean, friendly with great facilities - close to all the attractions. Especially liked the free beer by the pool on a week night - didnt eat there in the eve, but breakfasts were good. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

I stayed here with my family- 2 adults and 2 teenagers of 15 and 18 and our stay here was fantastic! The rooms were immaculate and, homely and very cosy, not to mention it was very spacious. There were also lots of useful facilities such as internet access, and the hotel staff were more than happy to help in any enquiries. There was also a breakfast buffet bar which served an array of food, such as waffles, pacakes, toast, cereal, scrambled eggs, fruit salad and so much more. There was also a snack bar in the evening where they served soup, etc. Overall a brilliant stay, excellent location, definately come back next year!!

• Stayed August 2005
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

This hotel is just great for the measly price of $ 114.00 a night you get a suite, hot breakfast, meal between 5-7 in the afternoon 4 times a week.
Great staff, everything runs smoothly.
Free internet access in a comp room, and a game room, fitness room.
There is always room by the pool, it is not big but I consider that a + when travelling with young children.

Everything was clean and they even put the dirty dishes in the washer for you !
Great location........
2 televisions with the option of renting all the almost new movies just with the click of the remote.

Would definately stay there again and recomend it to everyone.

WR.

• Stayed June 2006
Tutukaka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

Stayed here for 5 nights. Great location, wonderful friendly and helpful staff. My partner was especially impressed with the free beer every night. Suites were large and well stocked. Great to have two TV's and a big bathroom. Also enjoyed the free breakfast.
Would recommend to other travelers.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2006

i went to homewood suites in april 06 with my husband and 3 children age ranging from 6 to 14. we expected a average hotel, no extras at all. we were most suprised. It was lovely! we were greeted by a friendly member of staff, who welcomed us and told us when brekfast was etc and we were allocoated a room. I was pleasantly suprised at the room. It had a good kicthenette with washer, fridge,freezer microwave etc they also suplied coffee, hot chocolate and popcorn. There was 2 telivisons. We had maid service everyday. The beds were amazing, king size and so comfortable. There was free interent access, they had free breakfast and tea [ although we only ate the breakfast as we ate out every night] but im sure if it tasted as good as the breaksfast you couldnt complain. They had a games room with pool, pinball, airhockey. The pool was lovely. Very nice temperature and clean. The hot tub was great too. It is in a wonderful location, right near wet n wild [literally acroos the road] and only up the road to the dining part of i drive and down the other to the shopping. It also has a crazygolf course next door. That is a great fun! All in all it was a brillaint holiday and a wondeful hotel. We thoughroly enjoyed it and it saved us a lot of money. If we ever came to orlando again we would DEFINALTY stay here!

Stayed April 2006
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2006

We stayed here from June 11th-June 17th. We had a clean room when we arrived (minus the silverware that was set out on the table - but we didn't care because we weren't going to use it, anyway - and, there was a dishwasher if we had wanted to use it - so, no big deal). We had a large refrigerator which came in very handy for our food and drinks. The staff was very accomodating and friendly at all times!!! It was also nice that (at night) we always had a security guard walking around in the lobby and the pool area - that made us feel very safe. We had complimentary breakfasts that were very yummy and were what really made the hotel worth it's price! We were able to make our own fresh, hot waffles (other things were also offered - fruit, scrambled eggs, yogurt, rolls, cereal, juice, etc). I really don't have any complaints about anything except on our last day we called for a 4:30 am wakeup call so we wouldn't miss our airplane and we never received it ... yes, we did have the alarm clock in the room set, but I wanted to make sure that if the electricity went off, we'd still make it to the plane on time. I'm sure it was just an oversight because we did receive our other wake-up calls throughout the week ... just make sure that you also set your alarm clock if you need to get up early for anything. The complimentary dinner served in the evening was what you would expect for a free dinner - they had spaghetti and garlic bread (we only ate the dinner at the hotel once during our stay because we were busy seeing the sights). I don't like spaghetti so I wasn't impressed but my children and my mom seemed to like it. It was also very nice that the hotel had a washing machine and clothes dryer on the 3rd floor (very helpful since we only had room in our suitcases to pack in 3 days worth of clothing for the 8 days we would be away from home). We also had complimentary hotel shuttles to Universal Studios and Sea World. There was also a shuttle bus that cost $6.00 per person to Disney (much cheaper than the taxi's that we had taken to much closer places). We also used the I-Ride Trolley for $1.00 per person - this was convenient (the trolley stops every 15-20 minutes at each international drive stop) and my kids thought it was cool to ride. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Florida and I would rate it a 4.5 out of 5. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 out of 5 is because I think the housekeeping didn't clean the room quite so well as other hotels during our stay (when we arrived back at the hotel from our day of sight-seeing we still had our used, open bottled water sitting where we left it and a dirty spoon left where we left it on the counter until we finally moved it on the 3rd day). Not a big problem though, because (like I said), when we got there, the room was clean ... and, it was our mess so we just cleaned it up. I'm just used to having full maid service at the hotels I normally stay at ... but, for $134+ tax per night (including free breakfast, free dinner and the free shuttles), I don't think there's room to complain. We were VERY happy at this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2006
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2006

I stayed here in april and what a wonderful hotel this is. Great staff, location, breakfast and the beds were wonderful. I recently stayed at one of the universal hotel that cost 3 times more and was not as satisfied with the rooms and services.
They had a computer room so I did not have to travel with a laptop, the had a hot breakfast including eggs, sausages and waffles, toast, juices, fresh fuit and muffins.
The bed was sooooo comfortable and the rooms were clean and neat. The only thing was that the bed linen wasnt changed for th e 3 days we were there.
Will definately return.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios? Share your experiences!