“The Family Thanksgiving at Homewood Suites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5893 American Way, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early - Save 15%
Ranked #22 of 329 hotels in Orlando
“The Family Thanksgiving at Homewood Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We began planning a family Thanksgiving for over a year, and looked at VRBO's, coastal hotels, and other options in the Orlando, Florida area. After much research, high prices for approximately 20 members of our family, and consternation; a friend (travel agent) recommended the Homewood Suites at Universal Studios in Orlando. From the moment I placed the call to the time we left for home last Tuesday after the vacation, it has been nothing but 5 star treatment and amenities from the staff at the suites. Breakfast every morning and dinner Monday thru Thursday was wonderful. In fact, we had planned to cater Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, but they had a fantastic thanksgiving dinner for all residents. We car pooled to Disney World and visited many other sites in the Orlando area using the Suites as our base. The suites were roomy, always clean and accommodated all of our needs. The desk staff were wonderful even helping to take family pictures. The price $115.00 per room fit my budget so well. I can tell you it is all about making memories and my five kids and their children made many during the week we stayed at the Homewood Suites at universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

Room Tip: Call the hotel, develop a relationship with staff, and enjoy the experience. Convenient o everything...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear JoeT,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We really enjoyed having your family to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday with us. Your comments are genuinely appreciated and go a long way in motivating my team. I am so fortunate to be able to work with a great group of people who truly enjoy helping others. You can't train or force that quality. Again, thank you so much, and a very merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

751 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was our first time staying at a Homewood Suites, and needless to say it will not be out last. We were very impressed with everything. The staff was friendly and very accomodating. Both the breakfast and the dinners they served were wonderful. The suites were excellent. We had a wonderful time and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 129ShirlD,
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. We are constantly striving to provide high quality food service, and my staff takes great personal pride in doing their best to help all of our guests. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again next time.

Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I can't say enough about our wonderful stay here. The staff is top of the line, very friendly & accomodating. We missed the shuttle to Universal because of an issue with our flight. The front desk personnel not only arranged for a can service but also paid for it!! What other hotel would do that?? Our room was very clean & so spacious. The kitchen in the room was excellent - it was like staying in a condo! The hot breakfast was also exceptional! We will be back for sure!! Thank you!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 114
Dear Mary F,
It was such a pleasure to have you visit with us in November. I am pleased to know that you found my staff to be "top of the line, very friendly, and accommodating." Housekeeping especially appreciated your comments regarding the cleanliness as they work so hard to ensure that details are not overlooked. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our city. And best wishes for a wonderful holiday season.

Sewell, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We spent four nights in this hotel, and we really liked it. The location is excellent. The front desk was very helpful. The suites are very well equipped and comfortable. The hotel offers shuttles to Universal and Sea World. This is very convenient as it saves the hassle of driving and parking in those parks.
The only reason I could not give this property five stars is that the breakfast food quality was rather poor.

Dear SJ-Traveler-01,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience with the readers of Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you found the Front Desk to be especially helpful. As we are always striving to improve, I would welcome any additional feedback you may have regarding our breakfast offering. We would certainly love to have you back again when your travels return you to Orlando.

Atlanta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I don't usually review chains since, by their nature, within a given brand, they are much the same. However, we stayed in a number of Homewoods and similar properties during a recent trip to Florida. This one stood above the rest with attention to details and friendliness of staff. We had a one-bedroom suite, which was spotlessly clean. The wash cloths on the vanity were fashioned into the shape of a swan - much like you would see on a cruise ship. The complimentary newspaper was delivered to the door rather than having to pick it up in the lobby. Housekeeping was attentive with re-supplying coffee, tea (often overlooked), and washing the dishes. Perhaps because much of their clientele is the leisure traveler, the hotel offers the free breakfast until 10 AM rather than closing at 9 AM as all of the other ones we stayed in did. It was nice for a leisurely morning. The breakfast and free evening meal with wine and beer were varied and plentiful. They even served draft Yuengling beer. One day I had gone to the front desk to ask a question, and had the ice bucket with me to fill. The desk person offered to fill the bucket with ice from the kitchen to save me a long walk to the ice machine. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear mrtwtraveler:
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that we were able to stand out in your experience and exceed your expectations of the chain. Your feedback has been shared with the team and goes a long way in keeping morale high. When your travels bring you back to Orlando, we do hope to see you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed during August with my 15 year old twin boys and 21 year old daughter. Hurricane Isaac was threatening us but luckily avoided Orlando and disrupted the republican conference in Tampa instead. I must say I absolutely loved the hotel and the suite, it really felt like home from home. Our suite faced the pool area, which also overlooked a green open space and a small duck pond. I loved not being right on the main road, it was a small area of quiet in such a busy region. Being able to walk to universal was fantastic, its just @ 20mins walk, and once over the interstate takes you past a lovely grassy area with a lovely lake with herons. Wet n Wild was literally just over the road along with a Walgreens next door for basic provisions. Buffet breakfast was brilliant, kids loved making their own waffles, and I really appreciated the complimentary evening meals a few times a week saving me the cost of eating out and giving me a break from cooking, not to mention the inclusive glass of wine or 2! The apartment was spotless and housekeeping staff were more than attentive, especially Jackie (I think) who was forever loading our dishwasher for us and providing us with a never ending supply of towels. Pool and Jacuzzi was just what the Doctor ordered after a long day at Universal, never too busy. Gym and games room looked good but we never used them, just enjoyed being in the suite too much. Unfortunately during our stay, there seemed to be a problem with the drains or flooding of some sort, there was a bit of a nasty smell around on the ground floor and one of the lifts was out, and disappointingly i don't recall seeing any notices or signs explaining what was going on. Also be warned, we stupidly left a pizza out over night in its box only to find it covered in ants the next day, i think they got in around the window frame, don't leave food out! All in all, wanted to stay longer, great hotel, excellent location for universal, would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Handy to be a floor with a washing machine, also pool side is lovely and quiet and gets the sun all...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear 906SandyA,
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. Your comments about our breakfasts and dinners is especially appreciated as we have been working hard to ensure a high quality experience in this area. Jackie was very pleased that you recognized her personal efforts to make your visit even more enjoyable and she takes great pride in her work. I apologize for the inconvenience with the lifts/elevators during your visit. We were completing some maintenance during the day in order to improve their reliability, and the odor was from hydraulic fluid exchanged during the process.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post about your visit to our hotel. I am happy to hear that we are still on your mind a few months later and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Ontario, canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My 11 year old daughter and I stayed at the Homewood suites Orlando on November 6 and 7th. you cannot beat the location. They staff is very friendly. They have a nice size out door pool and the 1 bedroom suite we had was great. Every night at 5:00 they have a welcome supper at no cost and the food is good. We had meatball subs and salad the first night and chicken stir fry and salad the second night. Breakfast is eggs, bacon, any bread you like, cereals, juices and whatever else you like for breakfast. They have movies to rent free of charge and they also have use of a buiseness center free of charge. Universal Studios is literally right around the corner and the Prime Outlet Mall is straight down the road. I would definatly stay here again as we rented a car and were able to drive a very short distance to Downtown Disney. Very family oriented, overall great hotel.

Dear Shasta4,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your family getaway with us. The breakfast and dinner are two of my favorite value adds and they have been a significant focus in our efforts to offer an outstanding value for our guests. I truly appreciate your comments about my staff as I know they work very hard to provide outstanding service and they genuinely enjoy helping our guests with any needs they may have. Thanks again for the comprehensive feedback to help our future guests and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Orlando.

Keith Beears

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios? Share your experiences!