You added Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“Our quick stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Since we couldn't get our full week at our timeshare place, we have to stay one night elsewhere. I'm glad we pick this hotel.
Hotel itself is nice (little outdated), we stay at one bedroom, the room is clean and reasonable size with a little dining room table, two burners and a microwave with a full size fridge. simple, but useful.
The breakfast buffet area is very clean. Simple breakfast, nothing fancy. We like the "make your own waffle" station. Be sure up early, after 8:30 AM, tone of people will be down and having breakfast.

We have a good stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Tip your maid. :)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Maw0512:
Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites for your visit to Orlando. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to see you back when your travels return you to Orlando.

Keith Beears

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a four-night stay in this hotel. It is in a great location, a five-minute walk to Wet'n'Wild water park and a five minute drive to Universal Studios. There is also a shuttle bus but it takes half an hour as it picks up at multiple hotels so we didn't use it.
The hotel is excellent value. Our family room was large, comfortable and very clean with a little sitting area and kitchenette. Free wifi and breakfast buffet were a huge bonus for us. The staff were very nice and helpful too. The one down side was that our supposedly non smoking room had clearly been a smoking room in the not too distant past and still smelled very strongly of cigarettes, there were also many cigarette burns on carpet and upholstery! It was a very busy weekend and we weren't able to change rooms, I did ask for housekeeping to give the place a good blast of air freshener but it made no difference really. Shame as the place was great otherwise.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Qatargirl:
Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites for your visit to Orlando. I am happy to hear that you found your stay with us to be enjoyable and I appreciate your kind remarks about the staff. As part of our ongoing improvement plan, we have replaced 2/3 of our guestroom carpeting and the rest will be replaced by the end of this year. I am sorry to hear about the smoke smell in your room and that we were unable to get you into a more comfortable suite. If your travels bring you back to Orlando, we do hope to see you again. Please contact me directly so that we can better accommodate your needs and make things right from this visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel has a great location for Universal and Sea World. Being at the top of International Drive kept us out of the heavy traffic. Hotel staff were exceptional. When a housekeeper placed a battery operated Sea World cup in the dishwasher by mistake the front desk reimbursed us! The rooms were spacious but I wish the bathroom was not in the bedroom. I had to be quiet and get myself ready in the dark so as not to wake the kiddos. The breakfast area was extremely busy and hectic but they did a good job keeping up and had variety throughout the week. The building is quiet and we were able to get great sleep. The rooms either face the pool or the highway. We had a poolside on the 4th floor. Pool closes at 10 but until then it can be loud. We were up until 10 so it was no big deal. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Use Homewood Suite Selection 36 hours in advance. You can pick your exact room. 5th floor is half sm...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear KrampFamily:
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. Your comments go a long way in helping future guests to make their decisions and helping me to recognize staff who have done a great job in serving our guests. We do hope to see you again next time you're in Orlando.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in mid May. We chose it to be close to Universal, to walk if possible and to utilize their free shuttle to the parks. We had never stayed at a Homewood Suites before and if this one is any indication we will put these properties at the top of our list in the future. Our entire stay was comfortable and quiet even though the hotel appeared to be extremely busy, many families with children, many more business travelers, many foreign visitors.
We found their shuttles to be on time and comfortable. Homewood Suites is the first stop and there are two other hotel stops before we were dropped off in the bus area just outside the parking garage at Universal where we took the escalators up to the concourse, then through the City Walk area to each of the individual theme park entrances (a five minute or more walk). We took the earliest shuttle each day ( there are three pick-up times in the morning and three drop-off times in the evening) and were able to be at the turnstiles at least fifteen minutes before park opening. One evening we took a cab back to the hotel because we were ready to go several hours before the earliest evening shuttle and it cost us 7.00 plus tip.
The breakfast here was a wonderful surprise. It was not the same every day! My favorite day there was make-your-own-waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, several cuts above the standard hotel waffles. There were also real glass plates and silverware. Coffee and tea were available all day and evening. We only had their free light dinner one evening, it consisted of pulled pork sandwiches, salad, french style green beans. It was delicious. Their menus were posted on the refrigerator in our suite. It is offered Monday-Friday from 5pm through 7pm (probably subject to change).
The beds were comfortable and even though our room was on the interstate side it was pretty quiet. We were on the fourth floor. The hotel was being painted at the time and all of our windows in both rooms of the suite were covered by heavy plastic. I did find that to be kind of unpleasant (not being able to see out even to see what the weather was doing) but I did not complain or ask to be moved. I believe they would have moved our room if I had asked. I just chose not to go through the hassle. I wish they had informed me at check-in so that I could have had a convenient choice.
I used their guest laundry to do a couple of loads of laundry. There is one washer and two dryers on the third and fifth floor of this hotel. The washers worked fine, the dryers did not. I fed three cycles of quarters into the dryers to dry one load of laundry and the clothes were still damp. I finally had to spread out the clothes in the suite to finish drying. I have found the same thing true in many other hotels. Maybe it is just the number of people using them. (One of the dryers I noticed that someone had poured laundry detergent into the lint filter! ) So beware if you need to do laundry! The hotel keeps the laundry facilities clean (but unair-conditioned )
Overall my family was extremely pleased with Homewood Suites. We did not use our kitchen except to make coffee and tea, but would have used it on a longer stay. We did not use the pool either. The desk staff was friendly and aside from minor inconveniences we liked everything about it. It was a good introduction to a chain of hotels we had never tried before. We will definitely seek them out in the future and this hotel in particular when we are in Orlando again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators if walking is an issue. The corridors are long with an elevator o...
Dear Verbelly:
Thank you for your comprehensive review of our hotel. Comments such as yours help us to build on what we do well, and tweak those areas which can use some improvement. We loved having you with us and look forward to your return.

arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I can only say wonderful things about this hotel. The staff is outstanding, it is clean and the breakfast is delicious and plentiful. I would stay here again in a New York minute. It is just off International Drive so it is within walking distance to the parks but there is a free shuttle to Universal and Sea World and some of the water parks I believe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool.
Dear ArkansasSleepyhead:
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. All of us appreciate your generous comments. It was super great to have you with us!

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel with 2 kids and we liked very much. The free breakfast is ok (anything special) and they turn the light off when at 10am. A rude way to say: Leave!!
The parking lot is free and very good.
The staff is very nice and helpful. We stayed in a room just besides the laundry and there was no noise.
As cons I'd mention the lack of safe box in the room, there is no oven on the stove and the area the hotel is located in (near Universal). So much traffic and we took so long to get to WDW parks..
But we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear BrazilianLu:
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are proud of the value represented by Homewood Suites and we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Looking forward to seeing you again next time.

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We spent a week visiting Orlando with my brother, his wife and teenage daughter on April 9th for a week and chose this hotel since it was close to Universal Studios. My husband and I usually try to stay at these hotels and we enjoy the use of the large suites, the access of full kitchens, great full breakfasts and options of also dinnertime meals if we happen to around at that time. It is our 4th time for the Homewood Inns whenever we travel and our first choice. I'm sure my brother and his family were quite impressed and will also use these hotels when travelling in the states as well. We fully enjoyed the vast choice of big belgian waffles, fresh cut grapefruits, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bacon, yogurt, grits & biscuites, fresh coffee, juices, oatmeal, etc Even though the IHOP Pancake House was just a stones throw, we were very happy to make our own fresh waffles with whip cream & strawberries for ourselves in the mornings. The mornings that were quite busy, people often enjoyed their breakfast just out the doors on the patio by the pool. My niece and I love the sweet fresh Florida Grapefruits every morning too.
We found the service was excellent , not only at the front desk but from those that also worked hard to keep the eating areas clean and the kitchen staff were prompt and did an excellent job !
I made sure on our last day - to especially thank those hard workers and that we really appreciated the hard work they put in to ensure hotel patrons were take care of. That is why I always come back to this hotel on our travels. The cleaners and hotel staff always had a smile and cheerful greeting when we acknowledged them in passing. We rented a mini van for our week and the free parking here was great and we always felt safe in the area. The free internet was handy, especially in looking up data or printing off our boarding passes at the end of our stay. Our families were also able to soak in the hot tub and have a swim in the pool at the end of the day when our feet were tired and we needed to relax. We had fun chatting with other travellers at the pool. The hotel is also close to the main strip of International Drive where there were lots of excellent shopping (outlet malls at the end), mini golf places, wet and wild water park, stores, restaurants, etc . We dined at Boston Lobster Feast, Sweet Tomatoes, IHOP, etc. We visited Epcot, Universal Studios, WonderWorks and the Biggest McDonalds in the World which was on the strip.
We also had Sunday service at Mary, Queen of the Universe Church. It was a very beautiful church and grounds and peaceful stroll in the Rosary Gardens. The Outlet malls were great shopping and we got some great deals. The weather was great and the crowds are now great since kids are back to school from Easter. Our thanks to Homewood Suites for another great holiday stay and for your hospitality !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Wishbones:
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a glowing review of our hotel. It was so nice to have you back as our guests and we are so happy to hear that you once again enjoyed your visit with us. It was especially appreciated that you took the time to thank those who work so hard to make your visit enjoyable and I assure you that everybody really appreciated your gesture of kindness. Feed back such as yours is what makes our jobs enjoyable and we look forward to your return the next time you are in our area.

Keith Beears

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-Nearest to Universal Studios? Share your experiences!