“Quality inn known as comfort inn on sandlake” 1 of 5 stars
Review of WOW Resort

You added WOW Resort to your Saves list
WOW Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6101 Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Quality Inn Universal Studios Area)   |
Ranked #304 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Quality inn known as comfort inn on sandlake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel it is dirty , dusty and very unpleasant. The staff on guest services are very impolite and give the wrong information especially the women and carry on talking in Spanish when you speak in English to them.

Carpets are dirty, damp and stained. The fridge is rusty and dirty bugs are flying around in the rooms and on the beds.

Towels are stained and torn and bed sheets were not changed and we stayed for two weeks.

Room Tip: None of them do not go there
dnipersaud, Manager at WOW Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I would like to apologize for the situation you experienced during your recent stay at Quality Inn Universal Studios.
I can certainly understand and appreciate your concerns.
We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is clean, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. You
can be confident that we have followed-up on all of your concerns with our Maintenance, Housekeeping and the upper management Staff so that others are not disappointed as you were.
I thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts and I apologize again for your situation. You are valued as our guest and your concerns are most welcomed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have just returned from our holiday and we feel we must let people know about it. We asked to change rooms when we arrived to find out this one wasn't any better. The rooms were dirty damp and had an awful smell.The only way I could manage to get clean towels changed was to soak them in the bath. Sheets weren't changed for the two weeks we stayed. I wouldn't let my children play in the pool as this was also dirty. Awful awful hotel do not stay here!

Room Tip: Please make sure you book the correct quality inn because there are a few along international drive...
Northampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

my friends have just returned from orlando thy stayed in the hotel
i told them it was awful before going but hoping it had changed

why are travel agents still using them after all the complaints you see on tripadvisor
we were there last september so nothing has changed

please please people don't go to that hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here last year and had many problems but we were reassured that if we came back when the Comfort inn was Quality inn we would have a better experience. What a joke!! We stayed for 21 days and the sheets were changed once, even after numerous requests for them to be changed. We spoke to Dee, the manager, who phoned our room to check if this had been done after 11 days. It hadn't! The room was vacuumed twice in 21days. I told the manager I'd left a tag on the carpet to see if it would be vacuumed. I brought it to the desk when we were checking out!!
The safe needed unlocked, which took 20 seconds to do but it also took 11days for it to be done.
We could not recommend this hotel for anything other than location.
Dennis, the general manager, was unwilling to believe his houskeeper wasn't checking the rooms. He preferred to imply we were lying. His loss. My entire family of 6 will be in Orlando next year but we won't be staying in Quality Inn. We didn't go on vacation to spend our time trying to get our room cleaned. Stay anywhere else on vacation, not here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place is seriously a DUMP! I must have been looking at the reviews for the Quality Inn down the road when I booked this cos I would never have stayed here based on these reviews.

The only thing this place has going for it is the location. After checking in we proceeded to our room, had the avoid puddles on the floor from at con units, got to our room and neither of our room keys worked. This was due to the card reader not having charged batteries, however, security and reception team were VERY unhelpful even after this happened 4 times in 2 days!!!

The condition of the room was terrible, mould on walls and ceiling. Shower was pitiful, I should have stood outside in the rain to shower instead. The shower curtain is not long enough so the whole floor gets drenched - wear shoes to the toilet otherwise your feet will get soaked. The table in our room was falling apart and the fridge was rust and loud.

The place advertises wireless Internet which turns out is only in the lobby! We tethered our cellphones as we didn't fancy sitting next to 4 coffee pots. I noticed a lot of people doing the same with their personal hotspots showing up on my wifi connections.

Don't even get me started about breakfast. We went on the 1st day to be met by a really rude woman. Who after demanding to see my breakfast pass (seriously, if I was homeless I wouldn't even come here!) and my husband held it up to her she didn't even acknowledge it she continued to talk to another staff member, which appeared to be a personal convocation. Not work related.

Breakfast was busy, there was quite a lot of seats. However, they need to control and put limits on things. Each day we went there was someone making numerous waffles. One day it was 4 waffles, the next day it was 6. Totally unfair on the other guests.

Be aware of the free shuttles, the only run early morning and return early evening. If you want t see any shows your out of luck as the shows are all at 9pm and the last shuttle leaves at 9pm we found it easier to take our own car and pay the $15 in parking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Absolutely filthy rooms with broken locks, dusty carpets, dampness and riddled with disease. Plugged the coffee machine and at there was a dead bug in it. After the housekeeper came around and 'made' the beds, we found more bugs between the sheets. Torn and stained towels. Rusty fridge and old appliances. Overall, the rooms were depressing.

The breakfast was beyond a joke. Eggs that resembled sponges were served on paper plates. The muffins were stale and the tea was cold and tasted horrible. The breakfast room was as filthy as the rest of the hotel. We never went back.

The staff and manager on duty were very rude, refusing to speak to us when we asked where our packages (marked as delivered by Amazon) were. They then tried to charge us $5 per package after already charging us an extra $5 per night, per room on top of our booking.

Lack of security as adjoining doors were broken and anyone was free to knock on your door and post random flyers.

We will NEVER contemplate staying here again.

Carroll, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed 1 night and it was too long. The rooms are very dated, but look like they tried to "band-aid" over the old style with new cheap fixes. Mold in the bathroom due to no exhaust fan. I could live with that for the price, but the front door locks were all bent up and the adjoining door to another room lock was broken and unsafe. After just one night I was covered in bed bug bites all over my body. It's truly a nightmare I don't want anyone to go through. Please STAY AWAY from this hotel as there are so many good ones to choose from! Also, EVERYTHING COSTS from a $2 candy bar to when their "free internet" doesn't work, or even register that they have it and you have to go use the lobby machines and pay per minute. Also, a strange man followed me and my daughter to our car to try to sell us tickets, or get us a dinner. Found out he works in the hotel lobby but he scared the crap out of us! This hotel is also right against the freeway so it is very noisy.

Room Tip: If you must stay, ask for a room away from the freeway on the opposite side of the hotel.
I can certainly understand and appreciate your concerns.

Been to WOW Resort? Share your experiences!