“You should pay me to stay there” 1 of 5 stars
Review of WOW Resort

You added WOW Resort to your Saves list
WOW Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6101 Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Quality Inn Universal Studios Area)   |
Ranked #305 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
lithonia
“You should pay me to stay there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in other quality inn hotels before and was very satisfied with the hotel experience. This experience is at the other wnd of the spectrum. First it was apparent to me that no one had been in the room to clean it before we arrived because i had to plug in the tv and frig, the room smelled of mildew and because my sons stayed in an a joining room the door had mildew on it which caused breathing problems for my son with asthma. The next morning my room was not touch (cleaned). When I called the front desk to talk to the GM her attitude was just as nasty as the hotel. She told me that she would give me my money back but had to find another hotel to stay in needless to say this date was during a holiday weekend and hotels were hard to find and expensive. I was looking for a discount since I had to clean the room the first nights and freshen the air for the three night stay.
I hope this is not the brand quality inn represents and really find a GM who cares about the customer and the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
dnipersaud, Manager at WOW Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I would like to apologize for the situation you experienced during your recent stay at Quality Inn Universal Studios.
I can certainly understand and appreciate your concerns.
We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is clean, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. You
can be confident that we have followed-up on all of your concerns with our Maintenance, Housekeeping and the upper management Staff so that others are not disappointed as you were.
I thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts and I apologize again for your situation. You are valued as our guest and your concerns are most welcomed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Jacksonville, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The room was near the laundry room and the stairway, very noisy during the day. The ABC station on the TV was mute. Lousy selection of channels. No hot water out of the sink faucet. The nightstand drawer was broken/stuck and I left it open when I departed. Room was dark, need a light colored bedspread. Several times we had to get our key cards reset because they did not work.

The beds were comfortable!

My daughter got a job for the weekend so we had to stay another 2 days, this one was booked so we went to the QI at the Florida Mall and it was 100% better.

Room Tip: Even though the address says "Sand Lake Road" you have to get onto Universal Blvd to get o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dunwoody, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I initially booked the room through "Hotwire" not only for the price but for the convenience of location. The first room we were offered had multiple stains on the floor, bedspreads, and what looked like mold on the ceiling. The room was on the back-side of the property, with a view of a storage facility and the old mattresses thrown about the property. People were hanging out in the stairwells and what looked to be employees of the hotel were lying down on the sidewalks. We immediately requested another room and was provided something cleaner but with cracks in the walls, a bathroom door crumbling apart each time we closed it, and even more stains on the floor!! The free breakfast is nothing to brag upon either. Not many options at all. Undercooked link sausage, pre-cooked egg patties, cereal, boiled eggs, and loaves on top of loaves of white bread, and waffles. When they say the breakfast ends at 9:30, that is just what they mean. My clock had 9:25 AM and while the eggs were gone when I arrived, I was given sausage with an option to toast some bread for my meal. When asked about the free in room Wi-Fi, we were told it would be repaired the following week but can sit in the lobby to use when needed. What a bummer when you are trying to Skype in private. I was just about in tears laughing when I saw the "expired" elevator certificate from 2011. I will absolutely never utilize this hotel again and when asked for a hotel recommendation from those that will be traveling to the area.... I will begin with where not to go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This location offers great location in Orlando since you are 5 minutes from Universal and 10 minutes from Sea World and Disney, plus you are very close to International Drive and the outlet malls. I imagine this hotel has a lot of guests and so this isn't in pristine order but overall the room we had was clean, very quiet and was a great value.

This is fully catered to tourists with a shuttle bus to the parks, tickets to the parks can be bought in the lobby, fantastic morning breakfast, a pool, workout facility, great shop in the lobby and the service was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
dnipersaud, Manager at WOW Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Despite the large number of negative reviews on this site, this hotel doesn't deserve its reputation as a "holiday-ruiner". I'd assume that most people who travel to Florida would spend a minimal amount of time in their hotel so if you're looking for somewhere to rest your head on a tight budget then this fits the bill.

Granted, the rooms could be in better condition (flaking paint, faulty electrical sockets, damp carpet and slightly loud AC) but for the low price and great location, I wouldn't expect much more. We also found that the cleaners had done a good job every day of changing the bed sheets and providing us with fresh towels and shampoo/soap. There is also a handy shop in the lobby which is open until quite late at night. The food available at breakfast is limited but again, all that can be expected for a low budget hotel.

One tip is to avoid the representatives selling Disney tickets next to the front desk. They try to rope you into a hard-sell, timeshare presentation which lasts for 90 minutes. The Universal representative is very good though and got us a good deal on our tickets.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Weston, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Advertises Wireless Internet,but after check in -no internet in rooms - you have to go to lobby!!! Dirty Rooms, no electrical outlet plates, hole and pipe along the floor to drain the ac. Complained to Choice and was told the GM would give me a $15 credit!!! Holiday weekend or I would have checked out - all hotels booked! Don't stay here!!!!! It's not worth $25 a night!!!!

Only bright light to this place is Jimmy at the front desk. He is bright, accommodating and funny! He is definitely a keeper!

Run quickly away from this hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!!! I had to at least give it 1 star to post, but it rally should be a negative...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
dnipersaud, Manager at WOW Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Overall, the hotel is fine for the VERY affordable price. Breakfast was good, the shuttle is helpful, room was acceptable. BUT, the morning we went to Epcot, I left a gold anniversary band on the bathroom counter (it never crossed my mind to hide it). When we got back that evening, housekeeping had been there (the cup that was next to the ring had been thrown away, wash cloth near the ring was gone, etc), and my ring was nowhere to be found. I reported it first thing in the morning, after going through my things to make sure I didn't misplace it. While staff was friendly about the situation, that doesn't bring my ring back. Makes me very sad that people they hire would steal from guests!

• Stayed May 2013
dnipersaud, Manager at WOW Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I can certainly understand and appreciate your concerns.
We are currently investigating this matter and will get back to you with our findings.

Been to WOW Resort? Share your experiences!