“Not what it says” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Universal Studios Area

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Universal Studios Area to your Saves list
Quality Inn Universal Studios Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6101 Sand Lake Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Comfort Inn Universal Studios Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #291 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not what it says”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Had a bad stay had to move rooms once, come to find out second room was worse. Talked to a manger about a refund to move hotels he said let me fix it and make it right to keep you another 2 nights. He never came though on anything. The only great thing about the stay was Katrina from the front desk and John in maintance only 2 that wwanted to make things right. Hotel needs allot of work.

Room Tip: See Katrina at the front desk so she can make sure you get a good room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Joe A, General Manager at Quality Inn Universal Studios Area, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
First off I want to apologize for your bad stay. Can you please call me directly at 407-363-7886 or drop me an email at joeappi@methotelgroup.com so we can discuss the problems that you had. My name is Joe Appi, the General Manager and i would very much like to speak with you so I can make it right. Thank you for talking about Katrina and John, I will pass that along to them and I hope to hear from you soon.

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Tavares, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had a great experience at this Quality Inn. Sean was courteous and pleaseant even after realizing I was a local from the next county for an early job interview. He wished me well with it, saying I'll do well which was a confidense booster! A/C was quiet and I slept with it on for most of the night. Breakfast was delicious too, but I only had OJ, coffee, and egg. Upon checkout Katrina K. was very pleasant & also wished me well on my interview & said I was dressed nice & I was already basically hired!! Her positive attitute was contagious and I indeed did really well at this interview! I intend to stay here on any furhter business trips or for any relatives staying in Orlando!! I feel the staff went above & beyond to make me feel comfortable and even help me out for a job interview!!! Thanks Quality Inn!! They really are quality!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Joe A, General Manager at Quality Inn Universal Studios Area, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Hi Robert, thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that Shaun and Katrina went above and beyond to help you. Allof us here are happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that your interview went well. Again, thank you for taking the time to write about us and next time you are in the area we hope that you stay with us again.
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

ended up here at 2am due to problems we had at another hotel. Jimmy fom the front desk, was an angel! He went above and beyond to ease our minds and actually made us laugh.. We went up to look at the room first(Jimmy's idea) since we just had a nightmare at our previous place....and we were so relieved to find a room we could actually sleep in that we forgot to go back down and check-in. Jimmy so kindly called and reminded us. The security was also very delligent. walking the property dressed in a suit too. Not your typical security. The rooms could use a little updating but they were CLEAN and SAFE. Again, I would stay here for the customer service alone. Thanks to all the helpful staff that helped us!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Joe A, General Manager at Quality Inn Universal Studios Area, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I just wanted to thank you very much for giving us such a great review. Jimmy is a superstar and I am very proud of him, actually the whole staff are stars in my eyes, they work very hard together as a team to always give 110% to each and evry guest. I am glad to hear that security was very helpful as well, he is actually brand new to the hotel and I'm glad to hear that he is working out! Thanks for taking the time to do this for us, it really means a lot to my staff when people like you do this for them, It's always nice to get mentioned, especially on the internet for everyone to see. Hope to see you again next time you are in town.
Durham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Cheap enough is the only good point. Pool and room area shabby lifts always breaking down, vending machines take money (hotel unaccountable) not allowed to hang out towels to dry, not enough room in rooms, no balcony per each room and only one working dryer in laundry not acceptable for a hotel this size. Hotel reception unhelpful. Call us a taxi (obviously on commission) charged 11 dollars to get to chillies whic is ten minutes walk away (local taxi charged 4 dollar), decent free coffee, chambermaid on fourth floor was superb-will do anything for anyone. Free toiletries helpful, free pool towels, no bar no drinking facilities during night?(water machine would be enough) some ice machines out of order, no local amenities no supermarket, pool filthy chipped paint floating around and plasters! Vile. I'm far from snobby I've stayed in two star in turkey and Greece but this is worse, staff don't try and make it any better. Iride does stop outside but every 30 mins would be quicker walking or local taxi 422 2222 not hotel!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Joe A, General Manager at Quality Inn Universal Studios Area, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I would like to apologize for the issues you had while you had stayed with us. I would like to clarify a few things though, we cannot control what the taxi companies that come to the hotel charge and we cannot control the hours or the pickup times for the I Ride trolly. We do not have balconies for each guest room. We do however have a gift shop that is open each day from 7am until midnight. I am so glad that the 4th floor room attendant had taken such good care of you. I am here Monday through Friday if you would like to call me or email me so we go into detail about the issues you had encountered. I again offer an apologies. You can reach me at joeappi@methotelgroup.com or by calling the hotel at 407-363-7886.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was our first time to Orlando and chose to stay at Quality Inn because of the location and economical price. We had originally booked our reservation when the hotel was Comfort Inn, so our prior reservation of 1 king bed was not available and ended up staying in a 2 double bed room. Despite the change-up, overall, we had a good stay. The room was in decent condition and the air conditioning was in good, working order. The bathroom tub appeared to have a slight leak on some days, and they could use better non-slip grip inside the tub, but I had no problems with the cleanliness of the bathroom.

It was a pretty good value, considering that the hotel offered free shuttle service to both Universal Studios and Disneyworld (Epcot). Note that shuttle times, especially to Disney, are somewhat limited, but just plan ahead before you head out each day, and you'll be fine. The free breakfasts were pretty good too (sausages, eggs, muffins, etc). The menu stayed pretty much the same everyday. Overall, I had a good experience. It's a good hotel to stay if you're on a budget, it's worth the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe A, General Manager at Quality Inn Universal Studios Area, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Greetings from the the Quality Inn! Thank you so much for providing feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. Your comments will be shared with our entire team. We're happy that you felt the hotel was clean and and the staff was friendly! We sincerely hope that you will return. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you choose us next time you are in Orlando. All the best to you and yours...
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I did not expect anything more than what I paid for. I got a really good deal for my 2 nights stay. However, the room is very outdated. I read many reviews before I left and noticed that many people mentioned about the room doors that look like they have been broken into. And to my surprise, they were right!! I felt very uncomfortable and insecure when I got to my room. Good thing is I travelled with my husband and we didn't have any valuable items left in the room when we were away. When we first got into the room, we couldn't locate the remote and called the front desk and within minutes, the maintenance guy came and gave us the remote. That was good service! Breakfast was very blah! However, considering the price that we paid, I can't complain much. At least we got our coffee every morning. :) Overall, if I have other options with the same price range, I will definitely choose other hotels!

• Stayed August 2012
HI, my name is Joe Appi, I am the General Manager of the hotel. First and most important I would like to apologize for the issues you had while you had stayed with us. I really wish I was aware of the problem you had before you had checked out. We are under new management as well as new ownership and we are going through some growing pains, not to use that as an excuse by any means. I am glad that my staff was attentive to your needs and acted promtly. I really hope next time you are in the area you give us another chance. If you would like to talk about your stay, please do not hesitate to call me at anytime.
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July 2012. We found the staff at reception very welcoming and friendly upon arrival. The room was dated and needed some love and money spent on it but very clean and had everything that we needed, safe, fridge, shower/bath, aircon, good size comfy bed and tv with loads of channels. We always saw the cleaners around and the lady that cleaned our room was very friendly and often stopped to speak to us.

We did have a problem with our room 4 nights into our holiday but the staff at reception appologised and gave us a new room, unfortunately this was not suitable but they were more than happy for us to move again and were very sorry for the problem.

Throughout the holiday we spoke to the reception staff for advice on the area, hotel or to help us with our coin collection and they were lovely. Katrina always had a smile on her face and couldnt have been more helpful.

The shop in the hotel was very handy, it wasnt as cheap as wallmart obviously but we found the prices reasonable and they often had deals on. Again the member of staff there was great.

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel as we often went straight out but it never looked too busy. The pool is small but it does the job when you want somewhere to cool off in the heat. If you want a snazzy pool just get tickets to wet n wild and walk from hotel.

If we went to florida again on a very low budget we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. All of us here really appreciate it. I would also like to apologize for any issues you may had, but I am glad that my staff worked quickly to take care of your needs and moved you into a new room. If you wouldn't mind dropping me an email and letting me know what was the issue so I can make sure it doesn't happen again to you or someone else who stays here. My email is joeappi@methotelgroup.com. Again, thank you very much and hopefully you will think of us next time you are in the Orlando area!

Been to Quality Inn Universal Studios Area? Share your experiences!