“Great tastes” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
SJU
“Great tastes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went for lunch on a Saturday, the restaurant wasn't very busy but it is very attractive. They try to keep a middle eastern theme and even have belly dancers on weekend nights. We had the hummus which was very fresh and homemade. Then the chicken tangine which was excellent and the Kofta tangine which was ok. They have mint tea and authentic expresso style coffee which you can have with steam milk or black. Good service, fair prices for a place where you are sure the rent is high (right next to the Millenia Mal). If you are looking for Morrocan food, or are at the Mall and don't want to eat at a chain restaurant, I would recommend Pasha.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“Horrible even w 50% off!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

So Groupon brought me here and after a good run with some great restaurants the buck stopped here. First we started off with the chicken pastilla which was burnt on 1 side only to be masked by more powdered sugar than I have ever seen on a plate. Desert first ? It was like left over baklava and chicken mesh rolled in pastry dough. Then I ordered there amazing grouse whiskey smoke and coke. Have you ever heard of Grouse whiskey? There's a reason for that. I tried to order a martini but they could not provide that from their full bar. The free wine we got with our groupon was over priced. Couple that with an ugly belly dancer who kept interrupting my girl and I while we were pretending to enjoy the sub par cuisine and blasting Moroccan club music and you have all the makings of a place I will never visit again. Blahhh!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've gotten the lunch special to go before, so I decided to try dinner in the restaurant. We had a great server who was waiting on all the tables by herself. I got the shrimp kabob & my boyfriend had the chicken one. The food was excellent. The only bad thing is that the portions are not very big. We did get dessert. I had the chocolate cake & my boyfriend had baklava. It was delicious! Will be back soon to try the other options on the menu.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic ambiance and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Had the chicken couscous and vegetarian couscous - both phenomenal. Their servings are very generous. I also heard they make their tabbouleh to order, had it once before and it was the best I've ever had. Service has always been wonderful. The staff are not originally from the States which adds a nice touch to their authenticity. Music is also true to their culture...which by the way I can't stand American owned Italian or other ethnic restaurant that play American pop or rock music...there goes all the ambience!!! Anyway - must try this restaurant, it will not disappoint.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clermont, Florida
“Excellent service, good atmosphere, fine food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The service was excellent. I rated them a four because they couldn't make my first choice, as they were out of eggs. Really, how does that happen. That's such a simple ingredient. Stores are not that far away, and eggs keep a long time. I didn't really like what I ended up settling for. Their menu isn't that big, which is ok, but if you have a small menu, at least have what's on it.

Visited April 2013