“Hard to fault” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
North Yorkshire
“Hard to fault”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

Stayed at the Rosen Plaza for two weeks in June 2008 travelling with Virgin Holidays. Found the hotel clean and staff friendly. Took advice and requested a high floor which avoided any noise from the nightclub though didn't really notice any problems in this respect. Fresh food from the small shop and takeaway were good and could be eaten at the poolside tables. Pool could have been a little more child friendly but nice nontheless. Well located for nice local restaurants such as The Olive Garden which was superb. Sizzlers almost next door for a cheap and filling breakfast before the parks.
Wouldn't hesitate to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

I was staying here due to my company trying to save a buck during a convention. Avoid 3rd floor, I got bitten by bed bugs and so did my colleague who was also on the 3rd floor. They did change us to different rooms on higher level. The hotel should be renamed Roach Plaza and not the Rosen.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Preston, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Nice hotel, on the whole great facilities.

Add to that a great location, good public transport, great restaurants within walking distance. Easy to get to the theme parks and shoppling outlets.

Perhaps the only downside is no balcony or opening doors or window as even with the airconditioning it got a bit stuffy and stale.

The people on the tourist/trip advisor did not do the hotel justice, they were not helpful unless you were buying something from them. Yes they offered Disney ticket discounts, but you had to go to a timeshere presentation.

Would we go back ? Definitely, next time we go to Orlando this will be the first we check for price and availability.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I stayed at the Rosen Plaza in mid-May for four nights. I recommend the hotel for it’s ammenities: it had a nice pool, a wide variety of good food choices, the room was comfortable and the entire staff was very nice. About the only thing I would complain about is the feather bed pillows. I’m not a fan of those and would have slept better if I had regular pillows. I guess I could have tried asking for them but I didn’t think of that til just now! All in all it was a good experience and I definitely plan to stay there again the next time I’m in Orlando

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Booked through Hotwire and got a great deal. Hotel is pretty nice, has a big convention area and some restaurants and night club. Everything is a little old, but the service remains outstanding and is the "Rosen Standard". Not sure if I would ever book directly through the hotel and pay full price for it, but for the discounted rate, it can't be beat. The downsides: low water pressure, food/breakfast is really expensive, and noise can be an issue if loud guests are in the hotel. Noise didn't affect me, but in the morning sitting in the room I could easily hear doors and people talking outside. At check-in, Paul at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly, and personalized the check-in process instead of it being just another name at a big hotel. The sheets are awesome and don't have a bed spread, which is great. Overall a great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

Stayed here as I was attending a conference earlier this week. Rooms could be bigger but the hotel restaurant is good. Good location and just across from some restaurants in the area. Also close from the convention center where I was attending the conference.
I found the hotel Convenient but larger bathrooms would be even better

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

The rooms had been updated from our last trip here 5 years ago. Our room was clean enough and the room cleaning staff was very accomadating. The bed was the best we have ever slept in, including our own at home. HOWEVER...out of our 5 night stay, 3 nights were basically ruined by the fact that we were placed smack dab in the midst of a bunch of teenagers. In fact, I highly suspect that 2 nights that group was more than likely inner city kids who had never gone anyplace in their lives. But worse than their behavior, was how SUPER LOUD AND NOISY their few sponsors were. The security guard was sent up eventually, when another guest finally went after him. It was still a good long while until peace was restored. I would never want to spend another night in this hotel. Others we knew, who were on different floors had the same experience. The hotel was not full, by any means. So we could not figure out WHY we could not have been placed elsewhere. They did offer to move us, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. We thought after that group left after our second night that maybe it would be ok. The last night another group was moved in. After that loss of sleep we had a long 11 hour drive home the next day. We both got ill upon arriving home...the stress was just too much. The cafe in the hotel has some one of the best prepared buffets we have eaten at yet. We highly recommend them as a good, clean, and tasty place to eat. But if you value your sleep...go elsewhere to sleep. Oh yes, if you wanted to hook into internet, it was $10 per day. And do be sure to take along your cell phone...they charge extra for most any call you might make.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Rosen Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!