“Had no problems at all .. fab” 4 of 5 stars

Rosen Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9700 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #120 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
West Bromwich, England, United Kingdom
“Had no problems at all .. fab”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have been to Orlando a few times and we booked this as the travel agent had cocked up and sold us a non existent holiday (the hotel closed down ).
I had read reviews and tbh I was a little worried about what I have read.
There was no need to worry. As a base for 3 people for a week it was super.

Staff were friendly, rooms and lobby were clean. Shop was good. Did not eat here or visit the nightclub so can not comment.

Right outside the hotel you have point orlando and to the left is sizzlers and a chinese. The best bit was that the Lynx and Itrolley south stopped right outside the hotel which was a bonus with all the shopping bags.

My only concern was my sheets were not changed.... but in their defense we were not leaving the room until half 10/11 so maybe we had missed the change bed linen service.

Room Tip: I asked for a room closer to the lift for my mom who was tired after a full day at the theme park
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at the Rosen Plaza In January 2013 for a conference. The hotel itself was great and large. The amenities made for a very pleasant stay - the pool was beautiful; nice and warm on a January day. I had to change rooms, however, as I arrived in my room, it was clear someone had been smoking in it. My second room was clean and comfortable. I liked the access to the fitness center and bathrooms from the pool area. the lobby area, coffee shop, market, and bar were all convenient to the convention events. Finally, the location on International drive was a big plus! I would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Rosen Plaza Hotel is a great hotel with very reasonable prices. Have stayed here twice for conferences elsewhere, and it has been consistently pleasant on both occasions. It is located within walking distance of a number of entertainment and eating venues, so you won't need your car to go to dinner. The rooms are much more upscale than expected; quite clean.

FYI- there is a hefty daily parking fee that cannot be avoided (if you have a car).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in mid-February on business. The plus is the location--across the street from the Pointe Orlando, which has dining and entertainment choices. But my main impression is that this is an average hotel that aspires to be something else, but doesn't quite make the cut.
The room and everything else were clean and well maintained. The bathroom had granite, but the bathmat had holes in it.
It was nice enough to sit outside by the pool, but no food or beverage service was available.
I ordered off the menu instead of the buffet in the cafe for lunch, and it took over 30 minutes to be served after I placed my order. I had to end up taking it to go in my room so as not to miss a conference call. And then there is an automatic gratuity added, which I believe is 18%, but I can't tell from my receipt.
Called for the bellman at 6:30 am--on hold over 5 minutes.
For families, they have a deli with kid friendly foods that you can eat there, by the pool, or in your room. I did this for dinner one night when I wasn't feeling well. It was "low carb" pizza that was pretty good.
There is a bargain on airport transportation--Town & Country shuttle is $18 one way and this property is the last stop on the route to the airport. No waiting for anyone else and much less than a taxi.

• Stayed February 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Although Trip Advisor and other sites rate this hotel as a 3 1/2 star property, I give it a solid 4-stars for excelling in every category. From the property itself, location, accessibility, staff friendliness and professionalism, cleanliness and furnishings of the room, it's all top-notch.

Also what's helpful is amenities like free internet, no ridiculous Orlando "resort fee" for a hotel that's not a resort, a full range of food options from casual to elegant dining. The Sea Bass in Jacks' is AMAZING!

Will definitely return here again, especially at the price point we booked it at.

Room Tip: They're all good. Sound-proofed well.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was awarded this hotel from Hotwire.com. I am usually a bid afraid of hotwire.com since I have met with mixed results from their website, from some really good hotels to some absolute disasters. When I received this hotel as a blind pick from hotwire.com, I was a little worried since I had not heard of this hotel before, and I do travel quite a lot as a flight attendant. The hotel was a fantastic deal for the price paid. The hotel is right on International Drive, just a short distance from the Universal Studios and Disney. The neighborhood seemed very safe and I had no problem with walking around outside at night by myself. There is a movie theater right across the street from the hotel, and a number of restaurants of every taste within 2 blocks of the hotel. I got a room on a high floor, which was quiet, despite a group of high school kids screaming in the halls (which the chaperones and hotel security quickly put a stop to.) My room was very clean and the hallway and rooms smelled good. The lobby was very clean and the staff helpful. The decor was not so much my taste but it was fine for the price I paid. Do not eat at the Chinese restaurant next door to the hotel. Even though it looks like a very high end Chinese restaurant, the food was awful and looked like it had been left under a heat lamp. Soy sauce was all that saved the fried rice. There are other restaurants in the area and a Sizzler if you want a breakfast buffet in the morning is 1 block over. My only complaint was a burned out lightbulb in the bathroom and a missing light bulb in one of the room lamps. I would have also liked a blanket in the closet since it was cold that night in Orlando. I would stay here again if I was in the area and this hotel fit my needs for the area.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangor, N Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at the Rosen Plaza Hotel for 3 nights at the end of January 2013 prior to going on a cruise. Due to flight delays, we didn't arrive at the hotel until midnight, but the check-in area was manned by a very helpful night receptionist. The hotel was very clean, our room was a generous size with all the bits and bobs you would expect, i.e. tea & coffee making facilities, TV, internet connection etc. All staff we encountered were very pleasant, friendly and helpful. The small shop in the lobby area stocks a small range of toiletries that visitors may have forgotten, i.e. headache tablets, shampoos, sun creams, deodorants etc, as well as the usual gifts. The location of the hotel on International Drive is ideal, with an "I Ride" bus stop right out front of the hotel. We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on that aspect, but there are numerous restaurants across the road and within a few minutes walk from the hotel. The outside pool area was kept very clean and there were sufficient sun loungers available. We would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Rosen Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!