“Nice place but a little outdated.” 4 of 5 stars

Rosen Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9700 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #124 of 332 Hotels in Orlando
erinb05
“Nice place but a little outdated.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed her for a meeting and was excited because usually the types of meetings that I attend have super nice accommodations. This place this did not my my expectation. The staff is really nice. The food at the hotel restaurants are way over priced but I suppose that's the price you pay for convenience. If I had to pay for this hotel I would probably point out a lot of flaws but since I am staying gratis I can say it is a decent place close to Disney.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Elgin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here just recently for two weeks and we were delighted with the hotel, staff and destination. It's a lovely hotel in a great location near to great shops, restaurants and bus stops. We were greeted by Pauline at reception who offered us a kingsized room, up from two double beds, the next day and by Rolls also at reception who also dealt with us moving to this room. Both were lovely and very professional. The guys at the tranportation desk were also lovely and gave us great advice for the parks. Our room was big, clean, bed huge and plenty of space to dump all our shopping. Bathroom was spaceous and we had plenty of towels, a great positioned hairdryer by a huge mirror and super air conditioning which at some points I had to turn off as I was too cold!! Great sized and well positioned tv and free wifi. Had a great view and I suggest you ask for a high floored room looking onto the pool for the best views. There was plenty of lifts which were superquick and laundry facilities on each floor and also a fulled sized iron and ironing board in your room closet. Plenty of taxis outside main entrance and an I -Trolley bus stop outside hotel which dropped you off at great locations, 2 week ticket costs $17 per person.. Pool was a decent size with plenty of lounge chairs and towels to use. A great hot spa was by the pool which was great to use in the evenings as pool and spa open till midnight. Pointe Orlando Shopping Centre is just across the road with some decent shops (not enough shops to make a day of it but enough to browse around), restaurants and a huge cinema where we went to watch 2 films. **If you buy a soda and a burger from Johhny Rockets down by the cinema, best burgers by the way, then you can purchase your cinema tickets at a reduced cost. Two tickets cost us $15 as opposed to $21 at the cinema alone. Food, drink and sweets are expensive at cinema so bring your own. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again if we return to Orlando.

Room Tip: Higher rooms give a better view. Ask for a room over looking pool for best views.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 weeks in Aug.
£30 a nite who can believe it. Free parking free wifi . Luxury pool and surroundings. Room very clean and comfy. Staff who do welcome you a nice feeling. Shopping across street with some lovely eateries.
Mr Rosen thank your staff for me.
Our holiday next year booked at Rosen plaza in Orlando.

• Stayed August 2012
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I won a 2 night stay at The Rosen Plaza in a tricky tray, so it was complimentary. The letter stated that the stay was for a double bed room. My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary (25 together), and so I put in a request for a king bed instead of 2 doubles. They said that the stay was supposed to be for a double, and so that was what they would honor. Then, on a second thought, the manager graciously said that she'd see what she could do, but couldn't make any promises. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by the valets and bell hops, which made us feel very welcomed. When I began the check-in process, I handed her the letter, stating that I won this stay, and also reminded her that I had asked for a king bed instead of 2 doubles. She said that she couldn't do that, as the letter stated that it was for a double. Then she said, 'Oh, wait a minute -- you were already set up in a king.' I thought I was happy then... The bell hop escorted us to the room, and when we got there I literally cried! She not only gave us a king -- we received an executive king suite!!! It looked like a New York apartment!!! Absolutely breathtaking -- 14th floor -- views of Disney and Sea World, sunsets, the beautiful pool below, lakes -- I couldn't believe what a blessing I'd received! GOD bless them for this gift!!! Aside from the beautiful room, the staff was INCREDIBLE -- always pleasant and helpful. If this is how they treat someone who received this as a comp, I can't imagine how they'd treat someone who paid! I was singing their praises all the way back to New Jersey! The next time we go to Orlando -- I will immediately stay at the Rosen Plaza -- I will look no further!!! I have also told everyone I know about this experience, and so I pray it generates more business for the hotel -- they deserve it!!! :) Thank you, Rosen Plaza, for a stay we'll never forget!!! :)

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I chose this hotel for its location next to the Convention Center. Next trip, I will choose it because it is a wonderful place to stay! I have no negatives about this hotel. The price was great, the room large and comfy, and staff always pleasant and eager to please. We had breakfast each morning at the buffet. The food was so plentiful and filling that we were never hungry for lunch. This is a plus as the Convention Center food is pricey! The pool and hot tub were relaxing and renewing after busy convention days. The hotel served business, singles, and family travelers with equal aplumb. The location is convenient to attractions, restaurants, bars and late night clubs. It is also close to a great set of outlet stores for shopping.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
sunderland, tyne and wear
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I have just got back having stayed at the Rosen Plaza for two weeks on the 5th sept and i've got to admit that the minute we arrived the staff were so helpful. We were given a room on the 9th floor facing the pool which was great. It had an enormous bed which was very comfortable and a lovely walk in shower. We were so pleased with the room. The hotel itself had a huge lobby and plenty of places to have a meal or a snack. Yes some of the areas were pricey, but what do you expect when your in a good hotel. The pool area was extremely clean and the pool was checked daily by maintenance staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful the whole time. I would recommend anyone to stay here. Were were not charged any extra car parking fees either as previously stated in other reviews. I'm sorry, but it seems to me that the only people who are writing negative reviews are americans that are visiting for conferences which is such a shame. This hotel has everything you need for a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Thank you Rosen plaza.

Room Tip: room 951 is excellent facing pool.
Wesley Chapel, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had no issues at all, other than the price of beer and wine at the lobby bar (if you want to drink, Backstage is much much less expensive...) I paid $70 on a Saturday night, which was on the low side compared to other local properties.. When I checked in, the front desk person noted that we were getting there pretty late (7:45 pm.,) and based on this he comped my self parking ($13)... Check in was a breeze, but when I got to the room, I noticed that it was 2 double beds, and I thought (I was mistaken upon reviewing my confirmation email) that I had a king room. I called the front desk, no issue at all to change the room they would send the bellman up with the key.. 10 minutes later, no bellman, but the front desk person that checked me in knocked on my door, apologized for the wait, and said that the bellman was busy, so he thought that he would run the key up.... (I really did appreciate that... ). Anyway, the room was clean, bed was comfy, and we had a nice stay! I will definitely stay there again, no questions. The staff was friendly and accomodating!