“3rd Time Back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cypress Pointe Resort

You added Cypress Pointe Resort to your Saves list
Cypress Pointe Resort
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   8651 Treasure Cay Ln, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Sunterra)   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Orlando
Milton, Canada
“3rd Time Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our room was great! We had a nice view of a pond, and you could sit on the balcony (that is screened so bug free!) and listen to the splatter of the fountains. We were a short walk to the very large pool and the kids had great fun there. They also enjoyed the sand volleyball court and played games with our visitors. The location is easy to get to Disney parks, downtown Disney, Universal, our favourite restaurants and shopping. We felt vey much at home, our room was very newly renovated from our previous visits. We would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: All rooms are newly renovated from my understanding. We were on the top floor of the building and th...
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As I had spent the previous 11 months before our holiday reading every review on Cypress Point, I thought it only fair that I leave my own review. After the long flight and relatively easy drive from Orlando International, it was with great trepidation that we pulled up outside the resort. I knew it to be the right place due to the images I had viewed on this very site! From the stifling heat outside we were greeted by the cool air of reception. I must say, we were greeted by two very friendly members of staff, one of who checked us in and the other spent a considerable amount of time with us making sure we had everything we needed and giving us a run-down of the hotel amenities and local attractions. When we got to our room, we were greeted with a modern yet cosy apartment. We had the two bedroom apartment. Both good size bedrooms, both with en-suite showers and one hot-tub. The front living room was a great size with dining table and a large flat screen TV. The small kitchen area had everything we needed and we also had a washing machine and dryer. The room was constantly kept at a cool temperature.

The main moans that I had read on previous reviews, to be honest are just moans for the sake of moans.

1: Noisy air con. Hardly noisy. It kicked in every so often, but it was a necessity really considering the temperature outside! I welcomed the cool relief more that I was aggrieved by the very slight and temporary noise that came from the unit
2: Wi-fi. People tend to forget that your at Cypress Pointe to be on holiday! The greatest part of the holiday was that the kids didn't have their phones super glued to their hands! So what if they cant get onto the internet! Enjoy the holiday people! I did pay the $20 per week to have WiFi on my phone and my phone alone. This was purely to have access to Google maps and have the ability to face time the folk back home.
3: Stairs. Well i cant really comment on this because we at a ground floor apartment!!

If i HAD to find fault with Cypress Pointes and being really picky now, the basin in the smaller en-suite had a crack in it which just looked unsightly but didn't cause any issues and two days before we left, the small apartment next door took on a small family who of which had a young child that when it cried, it was rather noisy, and because only being separated by a locked door, it did echo around our room every so often. But we've got young children too and I'm sure they wernt exactly silent for the entire trip!

The location was near on perfect. 10 minutes from Universal, 10 minutes from Disney, 10 minutes from Seaworld / Aquatica / Discovery Cove. Plenty of parking and the take away was a huge favourite with the children, as was the pool! So many restaurants in almost walking distance (although i dont reccomend walking anywhere) I highly reccomend Firehouse Subs and Red Lobster which are both less than 5 minutes away. There is a Wallgreens dead opposite which is very handy for food shopping and gifts!

IF we returned to Florida one day, i would have no hesitation to stay here again. Really happy!

Stayed July 2015
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Customer Service: Check-in was a breeze and the front desk friendly. The gift shop staff very friendly. The rest of the staff was mediocre at best. When I told the young man at the timeshare booth that I was not interested in picking up my "welcome package" he got annoyed and it showed. Rude! When I walked into the little café by the pool, there was no greeting or anything. The young man just stood there leaning on the counter. The grounds people were no better. Overall, the service was adequate but the timeshare people could use more training in the customer service category. Oh and the timeshare folks called me EVERY DAY that I was there. My advice is just to ignore the calls unless as the phones have caller ID. I own and have stayed at other timeshares and they know after the first try or two to stop calling.

The unit: Our unit was very nice and clean and very spacious. Just beautiful. It was obvious it had been remodeled although the tub needed some attention as well as the blinds in the master bathroom. It had a gap in it where anyone could look in since we were on the ground level. The windows weren't even frosted. People were hesitant to use it because of it. We tried to adjust the blinds but the gap was still there. The kitchen was well stocked as well as the bathrooms. Just a nice little unit despite other issues.

The walls are PAPER THIN. We heard everything. Our neighbors on one side blaring their music (although they were respectful when they heard us in our unit). The neighbors on the opposite arguing then there was the all night party above us. Oh and you can hear every movement outside your door if you are in the second bedroom. There is a nice balcony/patio but we weren't able to enjoy because of the little lizards that come out in the summer. During the night some outside bugs made it into our unit. Some of my guests could not sleep afterwards.

Overall, the units are beautiful but try to avoid the lower levels and maybe bring some earplugs with you.

Location: It has restaurants within walking distance which is nice but one should really have a car if looking to do a lot of activities. They do offer a paid transportation service to the Disney and Universal areas which was nice and convenient but can be expensive. Also, they only run at certain times of the day. There is a free shuttle to the nearby outlet. There is also a bus stop within walking distance but I have no idea how convenient it is. I never saw it run while I was there.

WIFI IS NOT FREE. I couldn't believe it seeing that this is supposed to be a resort. It was $5.00 a day for basic service and $15.00 a day for premium.

The game room was amazingly clean with a nice variety of games.

Overall, a decent place that has room for improvement. Average is about where it stands with me.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

For our recent trip to Disney World, we were given a time share week from a family member and chose to use it at the Cypress Point Resort for a 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit. For our family of 4, this was a great solution. Not only did both children get their own rooms, but having the kitchen and the living room space provided plenty of room for everyone to have a little down time each day.

We arrived to the resort on a Saturday afternoon around 5:30 pm (several hours later than expected because of flight delays). We were checked in quickly, given basic information about the resort, and sent on our way. The check in process could have been a little more personal, but that could have been my fault. I just wanted to get to our room! We were given a unit on the second floor of building 7 and because we had a three bedroom unit, security had to come and open the connecting door between the 2 bedroom unit (where the full kitchen is located) and the studio lock-off (which served as our 3rd bedroom and had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee pot). He arrived quickly and we were all set!

Because Cypress Pointe is a time share resort, housekeeping does not come regularly. I suppose one could request them, but we felt no need with 8 sets of towels (both bath and pool) for only 4 people. If you do need to exchange towels, there are certain times of the day when that can be accomplished. We ran out of dish washer detergent and a phone call to the front desk had some delivered quickly. We also had a problem with one of the Blue Ray players. Again, a call to the desk had a maintenance guy out with a new one within 30 minutes.

We also had the chance to use the main pool (volcano pool) several times. The kids loved the water slide, the water fall, the splash fountain, and the playground located next to the pool (where shoes! the fake grass under the playground equipment gets very hot).

Do note that there are many extra charges for certain items. Wifi is $5 a day (really a crime in this day and age). It might be worth it, however, because we had zero cell or internet service over the 4G LTE network within the resort. It was like it was blocked as it dropped almost as soon as we got on property each day. There is also little charges for using the safe ($1/day) and a few other items. We managed to avoid all of these by just not using our phone for internet and skipping the use of the safe.

We also found that some of our neighbors were quite noisy. I contemplated calling the front desk at one point, but by the time I was ready for bed, the noise had died down.

All in all, this was a good place for us to stay for this trip. The resort could stand a few updates in places, but overall, I was happy with our stay.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

stayed here in april 2015 love this place, had a 2 Brd unit on main floor it was fine, only complaint would be wifi (have to pay per user not happy)staff where great very helpful, food at pool very good and great prices, also close to attractions and restaurants

Stayed April 2015
Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everyone enjoyed our time. My daughter enjoyed her time at your resort. The grand kids really had a great time. My husband and I had an okay time. We were a bit taken aback on the property on the planning.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2015

Great pool- the volcano and splash pad were fun for the kiddos!! I would say they were adequate and comfortable rooms. But very loud at night and smelled slightly like smoke- even though we were in a non-smoking unit. Slept 8 and multiple bath were a plus.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family