“Attractive location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cypress Pointe Resort

You added Cypress Pointe Resort to your Saves list
Cypress Pointe Resort
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   8651 Treasure Cay Ln, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Sunterra)   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Orlando
Merrick, United States
“Attractive location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We didn't get to enjoy the pool or hot tub but it looked nice. The room was nicely renovated. It says the there is a Jacuzzi whirlpool in the room. There is but that is just the model name. It had no jets. It was just a plain old tub. That was a lil deceiving. Between the sliding door, interconnecting door and the entrance way, you could everything going on.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here at our mother in laws timeshare in march. It wasn't super busy the week we came. The rooms were newly renovated. Three bedroom three bathrooms. Two of the rooms had bathrooms inside. One room came with a kitchenette. The main living area was very spacious and clean. The pool was beautiful and not overly crowded. Paying for wifi in 2015 is absolutely laughable. That is the reason for four stars. The cellphone service for Verizon and sprint was quite poor.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived at the resort for a weeks holiday at the end of February. We checked in and thoroughly enjoyed the pool area right away. With two small children, a good pool is a must. Heated and very clean. The volcano and water slides are a great addition!

We checked in on Saturday afternoon, unpacked, grocery shopped, to come home Sunday evening to the biggest cockroach I have ever seen in the kitchen. We then discovered them in our bedroom, which did it for me! We sent the kids to the pool with the Grandparents, and we headed to the front desk to demand some answers. We were not staying in a room that was full of roaches. The lady at the front desk tried to explain to me that cockroaches are the norm in Florida and not uncommon. It was not the norm for us! They told us that they could move us to the floor above, but we wanted a whole different building. They were very accommodating and moved us across the resort to a whole different building. The room was very clean as was the first one, but we were still very weary the rest if the week.

The grounds are beautiful and the pool cafe is delish! Close to shopping and great yummy restaurants and 20 minutes from Disney.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First night the heat was not working in the room (they fixed it the second day), bad and old mattress on the bed. No pressure in shower. No separation inside the room from the bathroom. No breakfast. No house keeping. No bargain here you get what you pay for. Very important detail nobody mentions is that it's not a real hotel more of a time share resort.

Stayed March 2015
CypressPointe, Vacation Resorts International at Cypress Pointe Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Anis M,

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues with the heater, shower pressure and that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. Just so you know we replaced all the mattresses in the property within the last two years as part of our room renovations, so they shouldn't feel bad and old; rest assured our chief engineer will be made aware of this situation as this is not the type of service we strive to provide.

As other resorts in our market segment, we do not provide daily housekeeping or complimentary breakfast; what we do offer are weekly housekeeping for those guest staying 8 or more nights and towel exchange services for all of our guest during the weekdays that can be requested at the front desk so you can get fresh towels when needed.

Lastly, we are very transparent in regards to the amenities and how our units look like across all booking channels; therefore I strongly encourage all of our potential guest to read all of the unit and facilities descriptions posted on the booking sites as they contain information in regards to the services provided by each property including pictures and unit descriptions, so you know exactly what to expect in regards to accommodations, policies and the amenities you will receive.

I would like to thank you once again for your review and if you would like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Fabio A. Vargas
Vacation Resorts International
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked here as part of a package through a UK tour operator, check in was a bit slow as they had my husbands middle name down as the surname on the booking but apart from that all checked in ok, we hired a safe which incurred an extra ( expected charge) of $1 per day. We had booked a 2 bedroom apartment and were allocated an apartment on the ground floor, 1 min from reception and plenty of parking outside the door. Our accommodation was lovely and clean, master bedroom and en suite were both huge, 2nd bedroom was a lot smaller in comparision but still big enough, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space in each room along with a good supply of clothes hangers. There was also a separate bathroom. Huge open plan living and dining room and kitchen area with breakfast bar. Well equipped kitchen, apart from no scissors. Even though we stayed 2 weeks we did not really use the kitchen other than boiling a kettle and using the toaster ( we are on holiday !! :-) ) We had a starter pack left for us including washing up liquid, dish washer powder, laundry powder, rubbish bags, coffee, toilet roll, soap, shampoo, body wash and rubbish bags, everything needed really to you through the first day or so, this was also replenished on the first day of our 2nd week, it was at this point the bedding was changed and clean towels provided, the apartment was also given a quick clean. There is a hoover in the apartment should it be needed. Washer & dryer came in very handy too. Beds were very comfortable but square pillows which are not something we are used to! When we arrived the pool was closed for maintenance, we had not been advised prior to our visit that it would be closed for the first 3 days of our holiday by our tour operator and nor was this mentioned at check in, we just over heard a receptionist telling another group checking in that it was closed. To the side of the reception desk there is also another desk this I presumed to be the time share desk as they asked if we could attend a meeting either on the sunday or Tuesday, I said we had early starts planned both days and that was the last we heard from them. We did not use the gift shop but did use the take away one evening, was ok but not sure I would hurry back to order from there again. The location of Cypress Pointe is fantastic, on a good day we could be at Disney in 10 minutes, took 15 mins to SeaWorld and Discovery cove and about 20 minutes to Universal. ( by car) Winn Dixie supermarket is behind Cypress Pointe and Walgreens 2 mins away on the main road. Steak & Shake, Giordanos, Joes Crab Shack, chillis, and Olive garden are amongst the restuarants that are in walking distance, although due to the ( lack of ) pedestrian crossings it may be quicker and safer to drive ! As others reviewers have mentioned there is a fee for wifi and you will struggle to get a connection of your own but this did not bother us too much, if we needed wifi we could very easily connect in the parks. The pool area once it had opened seemed very nice, I did not personally go in the pool but my kids gave it the thumbs up when they went in it one evening. After we had checked out on our last morning we were able to leave all our luggage in a secure room behind reception so no worries about having to take luggage with us on our last day. As we checked out I did notice a sign saying that from 2nd March all the sidewalks around the complex were been replaced so be aware it may not look as clean & tidy as you drive up, but it is for the benefit of holidaymakers. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to stop again.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

About a week before I arrived I called the front desk to request a first floor unit as I would have an elderly family member coming to visit and there are no elevators. The gentleman that I spoke with, Jackson, was absolutely the most unhelpful person. My reservation was made through a 3rd party and my first name was not correct [Dannon vs. Shannan]. I verified check-in/out, phone number, address, and last name but he would not help me because of the first name. He told me I needed to contact the 3rd party to make the correction to my name. I explained that I had already checked that reservation and everything was correct, I asked him for the number to his reservation line, he said they didn't have one. My experience in working at a timeshare resort, we usually would put in the 3rd party reservations and could adjust them if everything was verified, I guess common sense really isn't too common. I should have known then the stay wouldn't be any better.

Check in went smooth and the lady at the front desk was helpful. The weather was not great so we couldn't enjoy the pool which was one of the main reasons we stayed here with our kids. We had a few friends and family members over and absolutely nobody had cell service in the room, very odd unless you have a blocker installed. I used the phone for a local call, charge of $0.50 cents. If you wanted wi-fi, it's around $5-6 per device/per day, there is a weekly option, but we were only staying for 2 days. If you wanted to exchange your towels or have some extras on hand there is a charge of $20. They give you a "Starter-kit" for all sundries [detergents, paper towels, soaps, and trash bags] but they don't tell you if you can pick up any extras, surprising because I'm sure there is a fee attached. They only provide 4 trash bags, I'm not sure how much any extras would be.

I stripped the beds and put my used towels in piles, I did not wash the dishes or take out the trash as I definitely wanted to get out of there before I was charged anything more. I'm sure this resort is fine for some, and if you can enjoy all of the other amenities it would probably balance out. But definitely not for me and my family.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

My wife, 3 year old, and I stayed at the Cypress pointe resort for one of our many visits to Disney.

Staff - very unprofessional. At check-in the person helping me out kept calling me "bro". Don't know why, I'm neither his brother nor a close friend. He found it funny when I asked him if the pillows in the room were made of feathers. I'm highly allergic to feathers. When I mentioned that, he asked me if I was allergic to chicken. I said no... I'm allergic to feathers not chicken... There are many animals other than chickens that have feathers. Dr. Check-in agent proceeded to diagnose my allergies by saying "well, if you are allergic to feathers then you are allergic to chicken". It was great to have a check-in agent, a doctor and Confucius all at 11pm.

The building - because we paid $80 per night on an online deal, obviously they put us on the 3rd floor with no elevator. Yep... There are no elevators. Get ready for a workout when you get there.

Amenities - well.... You get a room, a bed, TV and linens. You want wifi - extra.. You want a safe - extra... You want service - extra. I mean seriously, come on, $20 per week for Internet. 99% of all resorts in the area have free WiFi. And by the way, I don't pay $20 for Internet per month at my house, what makes you think I'm going to pay that per week! And to pay for a safe? Come on!!

Room - there are 3 types... A 3 bedroom, a 2 bedroom and a studio. The studio forms part of the 3 bedroom. So it's like a big master bedroom. If you stay at the studio your A/C is controlled by the main apartment. So your room temperature is dictated by people who you don't know and never met. Yes, there is a wall A/C in the studio, when we turn it on, a cloud of dust came out. The walls are paper thin. You can hear EVERYTHING!!! Even whispers.

Check out procedures - check out is at 10am not 11am like most hotels in the area. If you check out pass 10am they charge you $225 for the day. You must wash your dishes and throw away your trash before you leave. I don't know the consequences for not doing your dishes but knowing them it has to do with a fee or getting grounded with no dessert.

The only good thing is the location. Is like 12 min from Disney but there are so many options on that street that I would not revisit Cypress pointe resort... Ever! I didn't feel comfortable, I didn't feel like a guest.

It's unfortunate because the place has so much potential...

I hope this review helps you make a smart decision when spending your hard earned money.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
CypressPointe, Vacation Resorts International at Cypress Pointe Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Dear Domingo C,

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our resort; I am sorry to hear you did not have a good experience at our resort, I will do my best to address all the issues laid out in your comment.

I sincerely apologize if you felt that the behavior of the desk clerk was not appropriate and rest assured that it will be researched and addressed accordingly, we want all of our guest to have a seamless check-in experience, not to feel uncomfortable or disrespected.
All of our units are given out on a first come first serve basis and as you pointed out the resort has no elevators and our building are three stories tall; with that said we do our best to accommodate requests in regards to floor, location etc.
As far as the resort amenities is concerned, the case of the internet we do have a fees for it like most timeshare resorts in our market segment; some resorts prefer to charge a flat resort fee that includes the internet, in-room safe among other amenities and although we are currently looking into this option, at this time we provide a more "a la carte" service so you can pick what you need and not pay for things you don't since not every traveler is the same. The resort does have serveral amenities available such as the Volcano Pool poolside cabanas, Dinosaur themed children's palyground, fitness center, beach volleyball court, basketball court, tennis court, BBQ grills or the children's activities and miniature golf (the later two at the GrandeVillas Resort across the street) all of them that are free of charge to our guest.

Our units are three bedroom lock-offs which means that the Studio and the Two Bedroom can be joined together through a connecting door to form a Three bedroom; with that said the A/C system is completely separate for each unit and each side has its own temperature control, this type of set up is very common for resorts like ours as well as is common in many hotels to have adjoining rooms to accommodate higher occupancy. Our units require more time to be ready for the next guest than hotel rooms as they are larger and in the case of the two and three bedrooms have full kitchens, therefore like most resorts in our segment our check out time is 10a. We are very upfront our late check-out fees as our intent is not to charge guest but to have the units back in a timely manner so we can have them ready by our promised check-in time 4p. We don't require any guest to wash dishes or take out the trash; however our housekeeping staff appreciates it if you leave the dishwasher running with any dirty dishes and leave the trash in the trash bins, but if you don't we certainly would not charge you or take away your dessert.

Again I am very sorry, if we failed to meet your expectations and thank you for your review as it helps us deiver a better service to all of our guest and if you ever decide to give us another chance or would like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Fabio A. Vargas
Vacation Resorts International
vargasf@cypresspointe.net

Been to Cypress Pointe Resort? Share your experiences!