“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cypress Pointe Resort

Save Saved
You added Cypress Pointe Resort to your Saves list
Cypress Pointe Resort
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   8651 Treasure Cay Ln, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Sunterra)   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Orlando
Dumfries, Scotland
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have to agree with other reviewers who use words line 'adequate' and 'average'. I've stayed in many timeshares here and this was by far the most disappointing.We had a 3br lockoff. Bedrooms 1 and 3 were ok, but bedroom 2 was not much bigger than the bed. And each room only had one bed, which presented us with some difficulties. When the accomodation is stated for 8, that's only the case if they all sleep in double beds, which didn;t suit us.The rooms seemed modern enough, but the outsides of the buildings looked very dates (maybe that's getting picky!?). No Security on the gate. The beds around the pool were nice, although I can imagine having to fight for them at busier times. Didn't really see the point of much-vaunted volcano pool. Can't be faulted for location which is great. Unfortunately this was the second week of a 2 week stay and the place we stayed the first week was much superior and cost less points. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was bad, just disappointing.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

have stayed at Cypress Pointe 4 times in the last 10 years and this place is more than adequate for a family destination. The facilities are good and the three bed condos are roomy enough to take 4 adults and three children. The location is fantastic, you have a Winn Dixie across the street and plenty of places to eat out that are within walking distance should you not want to talk the car. Downtown Disney is literally a 5 minute drive away and the premium outlets and Seaworld is approximately 15 minutes away by car, Universal is about 20 minutes drive. I recommend this place if your in Florida for the parks and intend to stay here again in 2015.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I read all of the reviews before coming to the Cypress Pointe and I must say that I was reluctant to select this resort for our August vacation. However, once I arrived I was happy our family gave the resort the benefit of the doubt. The place is great! Cannot beat the location in terms of access to parks.

The cleanliness level of the rooms was impressive. I am completely OCD when it comes to hotel or publicly shared vacation villas - Cypress Pointe did not disappoint me. Our 3 bedroom suite was spacious and well equipped. I saw where some reviewers were commenting on the overall detail of the construction...honestly people - we are not there to critique the engineering of the place, are we? Everything in our suite was brand new! This may be why I liked it so much, but truly no complaints from our crew. I will mention that there could be a bit more eye for detail when wiping down the exterior portion of the cupboards and drawers in between guests staying as there was some old food left behind. I think it was easy for me to spot because I look for this kind of thing and because the cupboards are so new - you can notice any flaw. There were also a few little water bugs or tiny ants around the sink and on counters but I chalk that up to - Florida/humidity/heat! Not really a big deal, but worth mentioning.

The Cafe near the pool was a very cool little place. The young man that runs cafe is a really nice guy that will do whatever he can to meet your diet needs or requests. For a poolside cafe, there is an extensive menu with many extras in terms of the dessert displays (YUM - Caramel cheesecake!) as well as the fresh fruit (yes, fresh!)! Burgers, chicken, grilled cheese, steak and cheese, pizza, nachos...and much more. We ate here at least once a day...either breakfast before the parks (Chocolate chip pancakes were my kids favorite!)...lunch (on non park days) or a later night snack. Always great and EXTREMELY well priced! Give it a try, you will be happy you did.

To conclude - The Cypress Pointe met our needs and we have no complaints. This is not a 5 star luxury resort but more of a family, clean, fun resort. The room, pool, grounds, food and location were all that you could ask for in a time share resort!

2 things to note - looks like the whole place is getting face lift, one building at a time. Also note, all kid activities seemed to be located in the Villas located across the very busy street at the sister property ("whale pool"). If you are looking for activities, may want to consider that location instead.

Hope this helps!

Newark, Delaware, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This resort was small. There were probably eight (8) buildings with twelve (12) apartments. However, it had all the offerings a large resort would have. There was a pool with water slides. A hot tub, playground, beach volleyball courts, ice machine and bathrooms were located within the pool area, which was open late. There was also a game room, small store/gift shop and food cafe. My son and I enjoyed the basketball (half) court often. There was shuffleboard and tennis courts also provided. Now to the inside of the units... WOW! Very nice!! We had the 3 BR room, which was essentially two rooms adjoined. There were two master bedroom suites complete with Jacuzzi tubs. Kitchen was more than enough and they supplied you with basically everything you need appliance-wise (and even dish soap, dishwasher soap, etc.). The security staff was outstanding!!! They came to our room several times because they noticed our door was cracked open and wanted to make sure everything was OK. They noticed our car windows were down and wanted to make sure everything was OK. Felt very, very safe because you saw them walking around constantly. MY ONLY complaint was the WiFi. Not only was it expensive, but you also had to purchase WiFi for every device. No problem, figured we would use our cell phone network, but the cell phone reception was horrible. We joked that they had some kind of cellular block to force you purchase the WiFi. Other than that, it was very nice. Would definitely stay here again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

$250 charge to your credit card due at check in IN ADDITION to your room rate. $7.50 charge per each set of extra towels requested. $5.00 per day for wifi. $200 fee charged if you are even a minute late for check out. Go to Residence Inn instead, beautiful clean rooms (2 bed/2bath suite with kitchenette) with a free hot breakfast each night for the same price!!

• Stayed August 2014
Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just did another week here at CPGV. Absolutely love this place. Clean, convenient, lots to do... etc. etc. (I used to be a concierge in this area and worked in about 30 different places. This is the best I've been in.) Already planning another trip back.

Cartagena, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On first entering, I think our hearts sank a little as the overall first impression was that the place seemed a little tired and dated.
Also the outsides of the accommodation blocks gave off the same impression.
Once we were inside our accommodation we were pleasantly surprised at the size, comfort and facilities of the apartment.
It had everything we needed to live there comfortably for two weeks.
It's a little strange having the 'third' room which can be locked off if it's not paid for and we found for the comfort of the group we'd pay the extra to keep the room.
We had a few niggles with the staff although everything was resolved acceptably.
It's not a luxury resort and we didn't use any of the facilities apart from our accommodation but it is very comfortable and in a great position for Disney, and the other places are all within a short drive.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Cypress Pointe Resort? Share your experiences!