“Nice, large, clean near attractions” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cypress Pointe Resort

You added Cypress Pointe Resort to your Saves list
Cypress Pointe Resort
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   8651 Treasure Cay Ln, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Sunterra)   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Orlando
bloomington indiana
“Nice, large, clean near attractions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is our third time at the Cypress Pointe Resort. We are owners of Diamond Resorts, and they do a nice job of furnishing and cleaning these properties. Appreciated no hard sell timeshare encounters. The resort is spacious, clean and pools are wonderful. Nice little place to buy goodies, or a little restaurant for a quick bite. Loved the location near Disney Springs and many restaurants and stores. Really quick to most attractions. I got a 3br third floor unit, very quiet, but you will need to be in good shape to lug your luggage up three floors. My grandson asked if we could make this our permanent home, I guess that is a five star recommendation.

Room Tip: Top floors quiet but need to be in good shape to go up 3 floors
  • Stayed February 2016, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I will start by reminding people to level out their expectations when staying at a three star resort, this is an excellent three star condo resort which caters for family needs perfectly and at a very reasonable price. I have stayed at this resort five times and must admit that the recent refurbishment was much needed. On our last stay (March 2014) we found the rooms to be clean and comfortable (as always) and our three children aged 10, 6 & 6 loved the pool area, which was gave us a welcome break from the parks. Overall, if you are travelling with a family as we were (7 in total) a three bed condo is definitely adequate. The staff were great, the location is great and there are plenty of shops, restaurants and take outs on your doorstep whether you are walking or taking a vehicle (I would recommend a vehicle). This is a solid three star resort in a great location minutes from Downtown Disney. I would highly recommend this resort as a base for a family vacation.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The worse resort I have ever stayed with. The moment you walk into the room you inhale a terrible aroma. The room has the most awkward setup. We felt like we were sharing a room with the group next door. We heard everything they said. No privacy whatsoever. When I approached the front desk they said there is nothing they can do about it. That's how there rooms are set up.

Stayed February 2016
1 Thank Felicity B
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Cypress Pointe is a solid three star hotel, but I'm giving it four Tripadvisor stars for overall experience. It's hard to find a good, clean mid-level hotel these days.

We rented a studio room for two nights before our stay began in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. The room was exceptionally clean, spotless really. Very surprising considering the condition of many hotels these days. We had a nice little lake view from our balcony, and the king bed mattress was good & comfortable.

The pool area was also very clean. Our stay was in January and the pool was kept warm enough to enjoy swimming even on really chilly nights (I can't even say that about the much more expensive Animal Kingdom Lodge). The pool area also has a large hot tub, a few slides, and a volcano feature that lights up nicely at night. It was a refreshing spot at the end of a fun day.

We did initially have trouble getting into our room. The door lock battery was dead and we waited by our room door in the cold, while the staff decided what to do, for a good 20-30 minutes. Maybe not the best way to handle the situation on the part of the front desk, who might have just assigned another room, but the maintenance staff was so friendly that it didn't seem to matter to me. I would warn anyone renting the studio room that it is basically a bedroom of a larger unit. There is a very thin door separating the two, the sort of door used for a bedroom. If there are other renters in the unit, as there were when we stayed, you can all hear each other well. It feels like sharing a house with strangers, and that part can be awkward. Also the studio unit has a water closet (a closed off area for the toilet), but the shower and tub are open to the room and don't allow for any privacy at all. It works for a couple, but obviously wouldn't for friends splitting a room. The shower has no vent for steam because it's in the bedroom, so I'm guessing that is why they locked the water temperature lever to only go so far. We had several quite cold and unpleasant showers.

I enjoyed the resort overall as a place to stay before or after a Disney trip, but I'd have a hard time convincing my husband to stay there again. Mostly because of the awkwardness of basically sharing a larger unit with strangers (separated by that bedroom door) and taking frigid showers in the bedroom. But again, exceptionally clean and overall pretty good.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Carrie K
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I arrived at 8pm after a long drive and was very impressed by the outside of this resort. When you walk into the lobby there is a parrot named Charlie and he talks. It adds so much character to this resort. The lady at check was great and very funny. I'm bad with names but she had a very pleasant French accent. I had a studio and had a lot to offer such as a microwave, refrig, flat screen tv, shower, huge tub,a desk, and balcony. It was a little chilly in the 50s but it was still nice to be out on the balcony. There is also a jacuzzi, pool,game room, ping pong table, gym, basketball court,a place to eat,and a bar on site. This resort is in a great location just a few blocks from the entrance of Disney Springs area hotels. There are also a lot of restaurants nearby. I've been to several other hotels in Orlando and this one is very impressive. I will definitely go back without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled with family
1 Thank Tarah18
Lenoir, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our 3 bedroom unit had a urine smell in it which was terrible. Our daughter left a fanny pouch with $40, and a camera in her nightstand and we could not get it back!! I made several calls about it and was told it was not there but I know it was. You would expect a Diamond Resort would screen there housekeeping better. VERY DISAPPOINTED. We would not recommend it to any of our friends.

• Stayed December 2015, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 stars
Monroe, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For an older resort this one was very enjoyable. We had a 3 bedroom. Activities were great since we were able to go to the sister resort - putt putt, barbecue grills , Christmas activities.
Clean but needed some maintenance work.

Stayed December 2015, traveled with family