“Guess I don't know what's good” 3 of 5 stars

321-395-4892
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Knife is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #863 of 3,166 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 535 and I4
Penn Run
“Guess I don't know what's good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wanted to try a restaurant that was out of the ordinary. The Knife certainly was. The atmosphere and decor were very nice. Our server was friendly and efficient. The salad bar was unique and flavorful. My problem was with the meat. I like a juicy pinkish steak, so I asked for medium well. What I got was purplish-red raw, not even close to rare. Not wanting to be rude I took it back to the table and tried to eat the edges. Just couldn't do it. Returned to the grill and asked for a slice that was just a little pink inside. This one was a bit better---rare. Hating to waste food, I asked if it could be placed back on the grill and cooked until it was well done. That didn't go over well with the chef, but I was told to return to my table and the steak would be brought to me. The assistant chef that delivered the meat to the table was very nice, although a bit nervous looking. The steak was now medium. I was hungry, pink is better than purple or even red. So I ate the small piece of steak and even though I was still hungry, I didn't dare attempt the ordeal again. Thankfully there was the salad bar. I was really looking forward to having steak from some place other than the typical chain steakhouse, but what I got for $26.75 was disappointing. Since this an "authentic Argentine-style steakhouse", it's not my place to judge how others cook or eat. Guess I just don't know what good food is.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Customer service is bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Buffet style grab a waiter if you need one. First time experience was not good. Won't be back. Walked up to get something from grill and was not given any recommendations on what meat would be best to try. I am not an expert on the different cuts and asked for a lean tender cut and got to my table with extremely rare pieces. Luckily the wine pour was generous. I needed it to get through the night. To top it off I was with a large tango group to enjoy live tango music that night. When we arrived with reservation the greeter did not seem to know about the tango singer and that our group had made several reservations.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“amazing experience!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

we picked this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. It was Tango night! very entertaining! The food was DELICIOUS!!!!! from the salad bar to the meats, no mention the desserts! We left the place happy and we are planning to come back to take some friends soon. Service was very good and the price even better!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Definitely not coming back. Service would have made a big difference!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I feel like making a big detailed review but unfortunately I don't have time.
Pros: nice atmosphere.
one of the guys working the grill was very nice and didn't have a problem with cooking my steak how I wanted it.
Cons: Rude service, by the manager who thought she was doing me a favor by not charging adult price for my daughter (10yrs old and not 5 feet tall yet!!) because she said if she measured her with her shoes and on top of a carpet she would be 5 feet tall!!! Really???! the child didn't even touch the buffet. All she had was some chicken nuggets, which I made sure to phone prior to arrival to make sure they had.
Cons: waiter seemed upset when we all wanted water instead of alcohol or sodas! He also gave us an attitude when we asked for a water refill and for another side!
Cons: one of the guys at the grill was not happy about cooking my steak to my liking and when I asked for a particular cut of meat he gave me another kind because that one was already well done.
I am hispanic and I spoke spanish so there was no communication issue. The issue was with their terrible service and thinking that they were doing us a favor by serving us. Come on! This restaurant has potential, it is beautiful and food is ok for those who like their meet medium or rare, but they all need a customer service lesson. Starting with the manager.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“DON'T GO THERE!! it's not worth it..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't go there!!! The food is not very interesting and we ended up leaving for dessert at McDonalds across the street even though dessert were included in the price for the meal.