I took the advise of other reviewers and booked a club suite. There isn't much difference in price so it's worth it. We had no issues at check in. We stayed on the 9th floor and the room was new and very nice. I thought it would be a little bigger but it was big enough for the three adults staying. We had a lake view which was beautiful. The windows went from the floor to the ceiling in the bedroom and you could see for miles. The rooftop area was also beautiful and had an even better view...you could even see Universal Studios. It was much quieter than the 1st floor pool area. There were a lot of kids running around down there and we prefer it to be a little quieter so it worked well for us. The bar on the roof serves comp beer and wine and had a very nice sitting area. There were also plenty of lounge chairs and couches in the sun and shade. I didn't use the hot tub or pool on the roof so I won't comment although they were both very small.
We stayed this past weekend and the hotel was very crowded. While trying to sleep, I heard plenty of doors banging in the hallway and people in the room above were walking around so heavy that it woke me out of a sound sleep. It's not the hotels fault that their guests are loud and inconsiderate but maybe it would help if they had security that checked the floor occasionally at night (??) Just a suggestion.
While we had no issues with the hotel staff personally, I could see how the other reviewers were frustrated. The staff was pleasant to us but not professional. They acted like they had zero training in the hospitality industry. If you were to have an issue that needed to be resolved, I could see them not being very helpful which is why I think there are so many negative reviews. But again, it was a smooth trip for us luckily.
There are sooo many shops and restaurants right across the hotel's parking lot! The location is right off of I4 and a mile down the street from Universal. It's a very busy area but an ideal location. And because the continental breakfast (2nd floor) is very boring and all carbs, it was great to have Perkins, IHop and Denny's within walking distance.
I think we would stay here again for our next trip to Orlando. For a brand new suite with rooftop access, it's worth the price we paid and then some. There are so many properties in Orlando to chose from and some are quite scary looking. I think we definitely got a deal by staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offers: All Rooms are Lakeview offering Double Queen Beds or Kings. Free use of Microwave/Refrigerator. Free Cont'l Breakfast. Free Transfer to Magic Kingdom. Free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn International Drive Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Ramada International Drive Orlando
- Ramada Orlando
- Ramada Inn Orlando