“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Universal's Islands of Adventure

Universal's Islands of Adventure
6000 Universal Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)
407-363-8000
Ranked #4 of 285 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Universal's Islands of Adventure features some of the most innovative rides and attractions ever made on seven spectacularly themed islands: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Lost Continent, Seuss Landing and Port of Entry.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Allegany, New York
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My son and I went to Islands of Adventure and loved it! Many of the rides had seats at the entrances that made it possible to try them ahead of time to make sure you'd fit and the restraints would fit and if not many had a modified seating option- very helpful as I am a large person who needed to use the modified seats on the rides. Also - many rides had single rider lines, so if you don't mind your party being split up you can cut a large portion of the wait time off!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
25 attraction reviews
“Teenagers favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Bought 183.00 length of stay tickets from our local AAA which were good for unlimited park to park visits for up to 14 days.
We didn't buy express passes as the wait lines were only 15 minutes or less when we were there.
My fingerprints don't work on the bioscanners so I had to continually take out my license to show it was me, which was annoying but I totally understand and appreciate. So, if you are in the same boat, please take your id.
Would recommend this park and will return in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“Just like stepping onto a Harry Potter movie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I visited the Islands of Adventure with one goal in mind - visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter....like just about everyone else!

It is extremely busy and popular, so get there early and get an express pass if you're there for the day. But even with the lines for rides and hoardes of people, I would go again and again.

Granted, I'm a Harry Potter nerd but I think that the detail put into this attraction - the Hogsmeade Village and shops, the Hogwart's Express and (most impressively) the castle itself, would turn anyone into a convert. The place is amazing. Truly stunning and well worth the visit and entrance fee to see this alone (like I did).

Visited February 2013
Sturtevant, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“The Wizarding World is Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I went to Islands of Adventure in February. We are theme park junkies and really love thrill rides. Nothing at Universal can really compete with some of the coasters found elsewhere in the country, but the park really excels in theming and 3D dark rides.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is truly amazing and if you are any kind of Harry Potter fan plan to spend a lot of time there. The rides are great, but the real fun is really examining the area for all the hidden treats--especially the shop windows, which are highly detailed and really entertaining.

We were disappointed in the Jurrasic Park section. Despite great theming, there isn't much to do there. The main ride is a water ride and it was closed one of the two days we were there. I can't believe there isn't a Jeep ride... just seems odd.

Free lockers for when you ride the roller coasters is a really nice touch. Disney and other parks should consider that guest perk. Great idea!

Visited February 2013
Virginia
38 attraction reviews
“The Staff is Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My daughter wanted to do 'Harry Potter' on her birthday - therefore, we went to Costco and picked up some nicely priced tickets. We had a three day 2 park pass. The first day we did nothing but Islands of Adventure - we came back the next two days as well. Entering and walking to the right brings you into Dr. Seuss's world. Really enjoyable. Then onto Harry Potter's world - GREAT looking - if always way too crowded - then onto Jurassic Park area - great again - followed by what we called the 'boy's' part of the park, the Marvel Superhero section. The park is nice - and clean. But really, the workers make this a special place. Everywhere we went - in all the areas - they are super sweet.