“Great for conferences; good for couple's weekend too.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great for conferences; good for couple's weekend too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Ritz-Carlton in Orlando is physically paired with a JW Marriott. While there for a conference we were not alone...several other moderate to large sized conferences were going on. There was never any time when we had to hear the other conference speakers or videos. The breakfast and lunch items we were served were 5-star quality and flavor. Our conference rooms were pretty standard and just fine. The restaurants at both hotels were high priced as is often seen with such convention oriented hotels/resorts. Primo at the JW Marriott was a great place to eat. After being there with my wife for the better part of the week we determined that despite being a pretty busy place it was a good place for a weekend get away. It did have a great spa according to my wife and others we talked to in the Orlando area. The golf course (didn't play) looked gorgeous and like many Florida courses with lots of water (and interesting wildlife). Our room was supposedly an upgrade though I believe that referred only to being on a very high floor. Otherwise it seem like a standard Ritz Carlton room, very comfortable, clean, great room service, and a winner. Bottom line...would return in a heart beat for a conference and strongly consider it for a couples weekend.

Room Tip: Good access to the parks. Concierge was quite helpful regarding Disney World options and freely offe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
North Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the first moment you step onto their property to the moment you leave you'll be in heaven. To the Valet's that greet you to the ease of check-in to the most friendly staff that are always acknowledging you. The Landscaped grounds are superb. The rooms are clean and fresh every day. The Vineyard Grille is absolutely to die for!!!! When you dine there ask for Mario he's the best! The buffet breakfast is wonderful,too. The pool staff is great and always there if you need anything and the pool was never overcrowded. The 3 times we did call down to the desk the issues were immediately resolved and they weren't really issues. We needed more coffee , the light was out in the make-up mirror, and we wanted more towels and it seemed like we barely hung up the phone and they were already there,WOW!!!! As I went thru the 6 days that we were there I could not find any issues with this property and I 100% recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Orlando

Room Tip: Never spent any time at the spa
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cocoa Beach,Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We did a weekend couple getaway here. We enjoyed the hotel and staff. Only a couple of minor complaints. The hotel is about ten years old and the common areas and rooms are beautiful. The pool area to me seemed to need more updating and maintenance . After all your in Florida and the pool is a big draw. The staff everywhere including the pool were very attentive. The only issue with service was our room keeper knocked twice on the room door when we had the do not disturb sign on to check on us. Liked the thought not the Action. The grounds were very nice. The hotel shares a 500 plus acre space with J W Marriot and there are nice walking areas with lakes , grass , plantings, wildlife and golf courses. I did not play golf. The food was good. We had room service so I can't speak for the restaurants . I would go back, but would like to see the pool spruced up .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Far exceeded expectations- the hotel and surroundings are as beautiful as we anticipated- and it's a real bonus being able to use the Marriott facilities as well which is located on the same complex- but what really made it for us was the exceptional quality of the staff. From arrival everyone was extremely friendly and attentive, but most memorable of all were the poolside bar staff Jason and Michael. Both these lovely gentlemen really made our special occasion so memorable, really went above and beyond the call of duty and we can't thank them enough. The duty manager should be extremely proud to have these guys on their staff. Can't wait to come back, fingers crossed may do just that for the honeymoon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for luxury accommodations in Orlando look no further.

I stayed here on 9/13 for the first time and could not have been more pleased.

I was staying here on reward points and they upgraded me to a suite with 2 balconies overlooking the lake and golf course!

Shortly after checking in the door knocked and they brought me a hand written letter from the manager thanking me for my stay along with a cookie plate. Very nice unexpected touch!

The rooms are fabulous as is the personal service.

The personnel at this hotel truly do attempt to exceed your expectations and they live up to that promise.

Long Island NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

It's been years since I've stayed at a RC because although they were always nice, they were a little stuffy for me. Whether they've relaxed, or I've gotten stuffier myself, I don't know, but I absolutely love this hotel. Aesthetically beautiful, and the service is impeccable. On-site restaurant superb and in-room dining timely and delicious.

BUT here's where they lose me...
Considering the caliber of the hotel, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY when I went to the business center to print out some mapquest directions AND I WAS CHARGED 40 CENTS/MINUTE TO USE THE COMPUTER! On top of that, $2 and change to print!

Are you kidding me???

I know nickel and diming when I see it. I get that I'm paying $25/day to park my car (no other options given, despite the fact that there are acres of open land for this purpose. I get that I'm being charged for Internet usage, although these days WiFi is free in almost every other hotel I stay at. I've been a business traveller for 25+ years and I've NEVER been charged for computer use in a business center, and most times not for printing either.

I would have given you 5 stars (or more if I could) for the property and the personnel. But you really lost my respect at this petty huckstering.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I attended a conference at the JW and opted to stay at the Ritz Carlton (on the same acreage) and what a wonderful choice I made. The housekeeping staff at the Ritz was incredible but the true shining star was at the front desk, Jade. She was extremely kind and helpful. Bill Marriott realize the gem that you have working for you and give her a raise or at least another paid week off. What a friendly face and attitude to come "home" too. The hotel is regal and the setting takes your breath away. The staff at the pool was top notch. You never had to lift a finger, they knew when you wanted or needed something before I did. The views are breathtaking.

Room Tip: As for a possible upgrade, the views overlooking the pool are incredible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes? Share your experiences!