“Perfect engagement holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfect engagement holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Far exceeded expectations- the hotel and surroundings are as beautiful as we anticipated- and it's a real bonus being able to use the Marriott facilities as well which is located on the same complex- but what really made it for us was the exceptional quality of the staff. From arrival everyone was extremely friendly and attentive, but most memorable of all were the poolside bar staff Jason and Michael. Both these lovely gentlemen really made our special occasion so memorable, really went above and beyond the call of duty and we can't thank them enough. The duty manager should be extremely proud to have these guys on their staff. Can't wait to come back, fingers crossed may do just that for the honeymoon.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for luxury accommodations in Orlando look no further.

I stayed here on 9/13 for the first time and could not have been more pleased.

I was staying here on reward points and they upgraded me to a suite with 2 balconies overlooking the lake and golf course!

Shortly after checking in the door knocked and they brought me a hand written letter from the manager thanking me for my stay along with a cookie plate. Very nice unexpected touch!

The rooms are fabulous as is the personal service.

The personnel at this hotel truly do attempt to exceed your expectations and they live up to that promise.

• Stayed September 2013
Long Island NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

It's been years since I've stayed at a RC because although they were always nice, they were a little stuffy for me. Whether they've relaxed, or I've gotten stuffier myself, I don't know, but I absolutely love this hotel. Aesthetically beautiful, and the service is impeccable. On-site restaurant superb and in-room dining timely and delicious.

BUT here's where they lose me...
Considering the caliber of the hotel, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY when I went to the business center to print out some mapquest directions AND I WAS CHARGED 40 CENTS/MINUTE TO USE THE COMPUTER! On top of that, $2 and change to print!

Are you kidding me???

I know nickel and diming when I see it. I get that I'm paying $25/day to park my car (no other options given, despite the fact that there are acres of open land for this purpose. I get that I'm being charged for Internet usage, although these days WiFi is free in almost every other hotel I stay at. I've been a business traveller for 25+ years and I've NEVER been charged for computer use in a business center, and most times not for printing either.

I would have given you 5 stars (or more if I could) for the property and the personnel. But you really lost my respect at this petty huckstering.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I attended a conference at the JW and opted to stay at the Ritz Carlton (on the same acreage) and what a wonderful choice I made. The housekeeping staff at the Ritz was incredible but the true shining star was at the front desk, Jade. She was extremely kind and helpful. Bill Marriott realize the gem that you have working for you and give her a raise or at least another paid week off. What a friendly face and attitude to come "home" too. The hotel is regal and the setting takes your breath away. The staff at the pool was top notch. You never had to lift a finger, they knew when you wanted or needed something before I did. The views are breathtaking.

Room Tip: As for a possible upgrade, the views overlooking the pool are incredible.
Cedar Hills, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

As a Gold Elite Marriott member, I travel to much for work and not enough for pleasure. But staying at a Ritz Carlton for work feels like a unified experience between the two. Orlando Ritz Carlton lives up to the reputation well.

The front desk staff was top notch. Often times when I observe travelers treating anyone at a front desk with disdain or disrespect, I want to knock on the side of their head and tell them to wake up. Treat the front desk with dignity and respect, the favor will be returned 10 fold. Front desk Karma is real.

Tonight, I needed some a particular favor. Jade at the front desk was amazing gracious and understanding. She took care of our traveling group / airport departure issues quickly and we were very grateful. Daniel and Emily also helped us and were fantastic.

The bell-stand, valet, Isabel at the pool, Elisa in housekeeping who did my nightly turndown service were all gracious and pleasant.

I've read the hotel is outdated; I disagree. Yes, other Ritz Carlton's have been updated more recently (particularly, Dana Point CA - Amazing), but the hotel is very clean, fresh, not worn out. It's Florida at its finest in the lobby - grand but intimate. The rooms are beautiful french european style. The beds are the best. Rooms are big. The pool is beautiful. The grounds connected to JW Marriott are vast and well cared for. And the views are stunning of the surrounding golf courses.

Complaints? SLOWWWWWW Internet! I've noticed better speeds in some Marriott's (affiliated brands) but this one seemed particularly slow. Maybe it's where I am in the hotel. As a gold elite, i get it for free so it's hard for me to complain. But if I did, and I was paying for it, I'd bet my left arm they'd take away the charge and apologize. Their service is that good here.

See you next September.

Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I were here for one of his conferences. The hotel is lush and clean. The staff members, at all levels, are polite, professional, and helpful. The outside environment is also lush and beautiful. Lovely walk around the lakes and golf course. The Ritz and JW are connected so lots of options for food, shops, etc. I would have preferred a bit more variety in the fitness center, but the staff was helpful and nice.

Room Tip: It was great having a room with a balcony.
Thomasville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

What a great resort hotel!! We were warmly greeted almost before we could get out of the car and everyone we had contact with at the hotel over the next 4 days were the nicest staff we had ever experienced. And the property is gorgeous with connecting amenities to the Marriott next door. We were upgraded to a corner suite that was the nicest hotel room I had every stayed in, topping the Bellagio and Venetian in Las Vagas. Big living area with huge master suite and bathroom and two terraces. They also provided champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival - a nice touch. We ate on site several times and were never disappointed. My wife enjoyed the spa facilities and the pools. The golf course is easy to get to and a nice layout. Although it seems a bit pricey, the RC is definitely worth the cost.

Room Tip: Our room was on the corner of the 8th floor which is above the bar patio. It got noisy one night as...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business