“Excellent location great hotel and service” 5 of 5 stars

Daily Breakfast + Parking
Ranked #19 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Excellent location great hotel and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent several weeks back in January deciding where we would spend the last week of our Florida vacation, we narrowed this down to three five star hotels, in the end we opted for the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes, and we are sure glad we did. The location itself was excellent, near the main road ways, shops and attractions, but secluded enough to get some quality relaxation in a peaceful and secluded environment. The hotel provided free of charge transport to Universal and Disney utilising private smaller type vans, seating about 10, so we could just leave our hired car at the hotel. Special thank you to Stephanie at check-in she made those extra wee touches a more memorable experience for my wife and seven year old grandson. Our room was on the eight floor having a lake/pool view which afforded great evening views of the firework displays’ at Disney. We will definitely return next year.

Room Tip: Pool / Lake view for the nightly firework display at Disney.

Warsaw, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very incredible. I was on business, but even then it was a vacation. Beautiful views, a balcony to sit on, plenty of space to spread out in the room. Very nice bathroom with tub and separate shower. Staff was incredible. Every request was addressed. The food was wonderful at everything. The grounds were a joy to walk around (even wildlife). Just Grande.

Room Tip: If you are fine with heights, go high for the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I wanted a weekend away with my 5 yr old son...we booked a regular room, and we were surprisingly, upgraded to the Presidential Suite! It was incredible!!!! The service was impeccable
and every occasion I had with my son, was treated as a special event. Everyone was so kind and we felt this was one one of the nicest experiences we have ever had. We have traveled the world and my husband is French.....so we have stayed all over the world....this was The Best. We utilized the kids club....thank you Rosanna!!!! When we left, my son was given a special robe, slippers, and quite a few different ritz ducks for the bath. All in all, I would never hesitate to stay here again! In fact, we are already booking our stay for Christmas!!!! Thank you Ritz Carlton for an incredible memory for both of us!!!

Room Tip: We had a lake view room and we were able to see the fireworks every night from both Epcot and Disney...
1 Thank gator1988
Okeechobee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Since I was visiting the hotel for work-related purposes, I didn't get to fully bask in this luxurious setting. However, I will do my bet to describe my experience. Upon entering the lobby, you feel special just to be walking into this beautiful room. It is he epitome of old world elegance! Although I was attending a large conference, and it was busy with people checking in, it didn't feel hectic or rushed. Our group (10 of us), were promptly taken care of and assigned to our rooms. Now, for my only complaint: our entire group had rooms on the 14th floor, except myself and my "roomie" for the tip. We were placed on the 4th floor. I'll explain later why his was disappointing. Our room was beautifully decorated in creme, aqua, and browns. We had a small balcony overlooking the pool. The bathroom, was the most elegant bathroom I've ver been in. White marble double vanity, large whirlpool tub, separate walk in marble shower, and enclosed toilet. Since I was here to attend a work conference, most of my time was spent in meetings in the ballrooms, which were nice -- but it was work. What can you say. Wish I could have spent time at the pool, spa, etc... They were so tempting. Now, for my disappointment at the room assignments. Each night we were there, our friends on the 14th floor came back from dinner and found novel little "surprises" in their rooms. One night, they had special bath sponges and another night was little rubber ducks. It seems each had a different little duck: sailor, burly duck, etc... I know,nsoundscsilly and petty, but it was kind of cool. However, down in lowly 4th floor rooms, we got nothing!!! We felt a little left out. The view was breathtaking from the 14th floor too. You could easily view the fireworks at Disney each night. If I ever get the chance, I will definitely make a return trip to this place. This time I plan to enjoy all the fun parts of the hotel!!!

Room Tip: Better view in upper floors. Stay away from a stairwell.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I took an impromptu trip here one weekend to have a mini vacation and we will be back. The staff, amenities,and decor were exactly what you expect from the Ritz .We did have a snag which was quickly fixed. When I made the reservation I had asked for a rosepetal turndown service, which after dinner I found out that I didn't recieve. We were going down to the patio so that I could have a cigar after dinner and have a few drinks with my wife. On our way to the patio I stopped by the front desk to mention it and make sure it wasn't on our bill, a manager overheard the conversation and came over immediately to fix the situation. The hotel had no record of my request and could have left it at that, instead they appologized for the mistake and knowing that my wife and I would be on the patio for an hour or two... sent someone up to the room to provide this service at no charge (even offered us a bottle of champaign, which i didn't take but wish I had now!). Service like that is exactly why we love to stay at the Ritz and will continue to come back to the Grande Lakes Ritz regularly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nathan S
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a wonderful resort located within a reasonable driving distance to the theme parks and good shopping but far enough away to be able to relax and enjoy yourself.
Make sure to book a treatment at the spa and allow extra time to enjoy all the benefits of the spa aside from your treatment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank ReneeFlorida27
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just returned to the UK after 5 nights at the Ritz Carlton with our two teenage daughters. Service at all levels excellent. Pool large with plenty of deck chairs. Good size rooms with efficient air conditioning. Food good and enjoyed the various snacks offered by the pool. They have transfers to Disney etc at fixed times which is convenient. Front desk very helpful in recommending restaurants and help with bookings. If we come back to Orlando we would stay here again.