“Wow.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Warsaw, Indiana
“Wow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very incredible. I was on business, but even then it was a vacation. Beautiful views, a balcony to sit on, plenty of space to spread out in the room. Very nice bathroom with tub and separate shower. Staff was incredible. Every request was addressed. The food was wonderful at everything. The grounds were a joy to walk around (even wildlife). Just Grande.

Room Tip: If you are fine with heights, go high for the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1,219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I wanted a weekend away with my 5 yr old son...we booked a regular room, and we were surprisingly, upgraded to the Presidential Suite! It was incredible!!!! The service was impeccable
and every occasion I had with my son, was treated as a special event. Everyone was so kind and we felt this was one one of the nicest experiences we have ever had. We have traveled the world and my husband is French.....so we have stayed all over the world....this was The Best. We utilized the kids club....thank you Rosanna!!!! When we left, my son was given a special robe, slippers, and quite a few different ritz ducks for the bath. All in all, I would never hesitate to stay here again! In fact, we are already booking our stay for Christmas!!!! Thank you Ritz Carlton for an incredible memory for both of us!!!

Room Tip: We had a lake view room and we were able to see the fireworks every night from both Epcot and Disney...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Okeechobee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Since I was visiting the hotel for work-related purposes, I didn't get to fully bask in this luxurious setting. However, I will do my bet to describe my experience. Upon entering the lobby, you feel special just to be walking into this beautiful room. It is he epitome of old world elegance! Although I was attending a large conference, and it was busy with people checking in, it didn't feel hectic or rushed. Our group (10 of us), were promptly taken care of and assigned to our rooms. Now, for my only complaint: our entire group had rooms on the 14th floor, except myself and my "roomie" for the tip. We were placed on the 4th floor. I'll explain later why his was disappointing. Our room was beautifully decorated in creme, aqua, and browns. We had a small balcony overlooking the pool. The bathroom, was the most elegant bathroom I've ver been in. White marble double vanity, large whirlpool tub, separate walk in marble shower, and enclosed toilet. Since I was here to attend a work conference, most of my time was spent in meetings in the ballrooms, which were nice -- but it was work. What can you say. Wish I could have spent time at the pool, spa, etc... They were so tempting. Now, for my disappointment at the room assignments. Each night we were there, our friends on the 14th floor came back from dinner and found novel little "surprises" in their rooms. One night, they had special bath sponges and another night was little rubber ducks. It seems each had a different little duck: sailor, burly duck, etc... I know,nsoundscsilly and petty, but it was kind of cool. However, down in lowly 4th floor rooms, we got nothing!!! We felt a little left out. The view was breathtaking from the 14th floor too. You could easily view the fireworks at Disney each night. If I ever get the chance, I will definitely make a return trip to this place. This time I plan to enjoy all the fun parts of the hotel!!!

Room Tip: Better view in upper floors. Stay away from a stairwell.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I took an impromptu trip here one weekend to have a mini vacation and we will be back. The staff, amenities,and decor were exactly what you expect from the Ritz .We did have a snag which was quickly fixed. When I made the reservation I had asked for a rosepetal turndown service, which after dinner I found out that I didn't recieve. We were going down to the patio so that I could have a cigar after dinner and have a few drinks with my wife. On our way to the patio I stopped by the front desk to mention it and make sure it wasn't on our bill, a manager overheard the conversation and came over immediately to fix the situation. The hotel had no record of my request and could have left it at that, instead they appologized for the mistake and knowing that my wife and I would be on the patio for an hour or two... sent someone up to the room to provide this service at no charge (even offered us a bottle of champaign, which i didn't take but wish I had now!). Service like that is exactly why we love to stay at the Ritz and will continue to come back to the Grande Lakes Ritz regularly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a wonderful resort located within a reasonable driving distance to the theme parks and good shopping but far enough away to be able to relax and enjoy yourself.
Make sure to book a treatment at the spa and allow extra time to enjoy all the benefits of the spa aside from your treatment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just returned to the UK after 5 nights at the Ritz Carlton with our two teenage daughters. Service at all levels excellent. Pool large with plenty of deck chairs. Good size rooms with efficient air conditioning. Food good and enjoyed the various snacks offered by the pool. They have transfers to Disney etc at fixed times which is convenient. Front desk very helpful in recommending restaurants and help with bookings. If we come back to Orlando we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

When visiting Orlando, there are only two 5-star resorts in our opinion. The Ritz Carlton is definitely one of them. We spent the Independence Day weekend at The Ritz and from start to finish, every detail was a dream. Check-in was a breeze and it didn't hurt to have two crystal flutes of champagne waiting for us at the desk while the details were finalized. The bell staff (John) was extremely helpful and took extra care of our luggage. I had informed the staff in advance that this was an extra-special occasion for my husband as it was his first Independence Day as an American citizen. After arriving in our guest room (and finding it beautifully adorned...especially the all-marble bathroom), we were surprised to have room service deliver two beautifully decorated plates of dessert truffles with a hand written card congratulating my husband on his achievement. They also brought a bottle of fine champagne with flutes to celebrate. This, among many other special touches, made us feel special. We appreciated it greatly. The rooms were average size, well appointed, and very comfortable. All rooms are balcony rooms and ours was a lake front. We booked this in anticipation of the fireworks display over the lake on the 4th. There is no greater feeling than sipping champagne and watching a spectacular 20 minute firework presentation from our balcony. The pool is lovely. I was up early one morning on the balcony and watched as dozens of staff members assured that each chase lounge was equipped with towels and head rests, they were lined up perfectly, and even pest control was seen spotting the pool area so that guests would not be bothered by mosquitos. They offered a bourbon tasting party in the afternoon and served some of the best updated spirits we've enjoyed. Housekeeping was remarkable and turn-down service went the extra mile. Smiles and welcomes were given to us throughout our stay. If you desire the very best of service, in beautifully adorned, subdued surroundings, The Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes is the place for you. We will definitely be back...cannot wait!

Room Tip: Add the breakfast buffet to your package...it was amazing and the service matched. Both Lake View a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes? Share your experiences!