“The best!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Before my trip to Orlando, in january 2013, I made an extensive research looking for a hotel that is no a tipical Disney hotel. I was spending all day with a lot of kuds, so I need a more grow up place. I saw some pictures of Ritz-Carlton, and with the brand name plus special price, it was my choice. Oh My God! My stay was perfect. The reception with a glass of champagne, the cordiality of the valet and all the staff, the amenities inside my bathroom, and also the size of the same bathroom. Everything was great! Everyday, the valet asked ne if I need directions, and if I need some water. This is a 5 star service my friend. I also bought some stuff from Amazon and everything was delivered to my room in no time. Well, defenitly I will be back at Ritz-Carlton Orlando. One of the best Hotels I had the opportunity to know.

Room Tip: Far away from elevator and ice machine is always a good choice in all hotels, because of the noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lake Zurich, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

After a few minor glitches, the staff at the Ritz was top notch! Every employee we encountered was personable, helpful, and extremely pleasant! We were always treated with such kindness and hospitality!
Any issue we encountered, was taken care of immediately, and properly, never a short cut, or rude employee.
Our children were treated like adults, and shown a tremendous amount of respect. I felt safe with my teens/tweens being in the hotel, knowing that there were employees there to assist if I wasn't able to be with them.
Jeff, the bartender; George, the in-room dining gentleman; and especially Neicey and Xavier at the front desk were A+ employees!!! The housekeepers kept my girls impressed with their kindness and smiles!
I hope everyone has the pleasure of staying at this Ritz! I have had unpleasant experiences at other RItz Carltons, but I have to say in the 6 days we were there, never once was I disappointed... they really are fantastic!

Room Tip: Suites are fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Canton, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was a nice treat in Orlando. The service was great and always went out of their way. They have a beautiful pool - great for kids. The food for room service was ok. It was good but I expected more from the Ritz. We ordered pizza one night and it was basically frozen pizza that they added toppings on. Also the beds were harder than we liked. Overall we would go back. It was a great location to Sea World and Disney. And the Spa was excellent!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

If you have never stayed at a Ritz property, you must try this one. Our first visit was when my wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary here. During the process of the reservation, I was asked if this was business or pleasure and told them we were celebrating our anniversary. When we got to our room, there was a gift basket waiting for us to welcome us as new Ritz guests, as well as a platinum picture frame celebrating our anniversary. On future visits, we always had something waiting for us in our room. The last visit I was provided with gift certificates to the spa!

When you pull up to this place, as you enter the front entrance of the hotel, the valets are already walking up to your car. They open your doors for you, take your luggage, even open the front door of the hotel lobby. When you go to the registration desk to check in, first thing they ask is if you would like some champagne or chilled water while you are waiting. AMAZING! Staff is very friendly, extremely personable and helpful.

Room Tip: Put your shoes out at night for a complimentary shoe shine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes does it right! The word "no" does not exist there and no attention to entail is left unturned. The spa and the Vitale Cafe were excellent. The pools were relaxing and beautiful. We took advantage of the JW Marriott pool, lazy river as well. Very nice. The sushi bar at JW Marriott is worth the walk and so is the new sandwich(breakfast & lunch) shop, Bodega. Nice addition. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Just a great visit. Highly recommend.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel and can only rave about how nice everything is. The staff is world class...from the check-in, cleaning staff, bartenders, pool people, everyone was friendly, nice and went out of their way to make your experience at their hotel the best! My room was large and had a great view of the pool and the golf course. The pool area was clean and the water warm and inviting. The food was great. I loved my time here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
zara01moore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We returned last weeks after s week stay at this hotel, we decided to stay here after reading some recommendations here in trip advisor.
This is a lovely hotel decorated in a nice grand style and ornate furniture. It's clean, fresh and sparkly.
The rooms are tastefully decorated and attended to mostly twice a day.
The pool again is designed well with quite a few entrances which is nice especially for children. It wasnt busy at all during our stay so it was quite relaxing.
The pool staff are plesent and happy to help.
The food was good but should offer children a lighter snack on the pool side menu as its all a large cooked meal.
The door /velet staff are nice and helpful and take the time to speak.
I like that bottle water is always available and ice cream for children with no charge.
We can all puck at something when staying at hotels and for me I felt the front desk staff
Which are first point of contact on arrival and departure are not the most welcoming , happy or helpful of staff. Although not impolite or unhelpful I have certainly received better ie at the Wakdirf where there is a balance of friendliness and profession. Someone like Emily from pool side is a great candidate for reception having good people skills and behaving in a professional manner.. Also the bike trolly is $22-$32 to rent for 30 minutes which like other hotels I stayed at should be free to use to explore the hotel grounds. Most people just want to use for very short time and not the 30 minutes.
Other than these hiccups we had a lovely holiday and would return for sure.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes? Share your experiences!