“Mixing Business and Pleasure” 4 of 5 stars

Resort credit and parking
Ranked #15 of 332 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Mixing Business and Pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a conference and to visit SeaWorld and Disney. As a conference hotel, it gets a five plus rating as a family hotel I would give it a three/four. Unlike the prior poster, my son and nephew were not made to feel like princes. When I mentioned would they like to check in or ask the gentleman any questions, the front desk clerk stared at me as if I was crazy. We were literally standing in front of the little checkin desk for kids, but the front desk clerk did not encourage the boys to use it. Maybe they treat you differently if you are checking in for a conference.
I took the kids to the pool the first afternoon. The pool attendant at the Marriott could not have been any nicer if he tried. He answered lots of questions, found me a shady place to sit, gave me advice about the resort , and even offered to go get me towels and brought me extras. When we went back to the ritz, the service was lousy. It took me ten minutes to find someone I could ask about an umbrella. She pointed me across the pool, and told me that she was going to go collect the dirty towels and that then I could sit there. I was flabbergasted and told her no that I wanted to sit near the kids. She condescended to open an umbrella for me, but never offered to lay out the nice towels the ritz offered. On a positive note, there are mats available to use in the pool.
Our room had a great view and the beds were very comfortable. The closet and bathroom was disappointing as it was set up for handicap access and the water in the shower was never hot enough. The conference facilities were excellent. Valet Parking had great service and they always asked if I needed directions. I loved being offered a bottle of water on my way out and in.
The Ritz is very close to SeaWorld and even offers a shuttle. We drove as we wanted to be there when the park opened. I wouldn't stay here if my destination was Disney. I find the Grand Floridian, Yacht Club, and Hyatt Grand Cypress to all be nicer hotels than the Ritz Orlando with much easier access to Disney.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bawtry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel at the end of May. I cannot praise the staff and the hotel enough. We traveled with our 4 year old daughter who was treat like a princess, given her own bracelet for free ice cream throughout her stay and her own Ritz Robe and slippers. The pool area and bar were fantastic and Breakfast was superb. Disney was a 10 min drive away and it was great to have the contrast from the hustle. The joining Marriott has a great lazy river for children. We will be back. The only downside is this hotel has spoiled us for future holidays!

Room Tip: We had a pool view which was lovley
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a classy Ritz-Carlton. Arrive and four staff members open the set of double doors for you into the grand lobby. The service is as smooth and professional as you would expect and wish. Rooms are plushly comfortabe, a chaise longue for reclining, a balcony with a view over the golf course or the Lake. Marble bathrooms and Asprey toiletries.
The hotel connects with the adjacent J W Marriott through the conference center area which is vast - acres of carpet in the break-out space. You could easily enjoy a substantial stroll without leaving the buildings. But you should - the grounds are beautifully landscaped into wetlands, with a profusion of wildlife, ibix, herons of various hues, rabbits and rumors of alligators.
The hotel enjoys a quiet, grown up feel - 'no blue jeans' says the dress code, but designer denim seems OK. Internet is $9.95 and shirts are only $7 to be laundered.
Note for Europeans: There is no way a pedestrian could access this hotel! You really need a car; self-park or valet-park.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the Ritz during the Memorial Day weekend 2 weeks ago. We thought the hotel would be full of guests since it was a long holiday weekend. But it actually felt very comfortable and organized when checking in, at the valet, pool, restaurants etc. They even had a whole weekend of activities planned for the children such as scavenger hunts, sports, and arts/and crafts.
We had an early flight from NYC and arrived around 1pm and thought that we would not be able to check in til 4pm(check in time) but they saw that we have a toddler and immediately let us check in with out me asking. Sent a crib up with a bunch of goodies for the toddler including baby toiletries,outlet safety plugs, and a tub spout protector. These little attention to details make me want to go back to the Ritz again because they show that they care.
The room was immaculate and bedding and pillows were all down and comfortable.
We also enjoyed their sister hotel's pool/lazy river. It's just a 5 min walk over and we had a blast with our 2.5 yr old son. Staying at an upscale hotel like the Ritz made our first trip to Disney with our son even more memorable!
If you have the budget, i think staying at this hotel it's worth every penny.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes. We arrived late after a long, tiring day at SeaWorld and got a very nice friendly welcome. We got two spacious and bright adjoining rooms with a balcony that overlooked the lakes.

The hotel is very accommodating to our children, ages 1 and 3. The staff is extremely friendly and would leave personalized messages for us and gifts for our boys.

This is a classy property with the lobby and rooms tastefully decorated. It is clean and it smells good. Very nice hotel - all you would expect from a Ritz Carlton.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at this property during a four day busienss meeting. Although the lcoation is a bit off the tourist map, it is a fantastic hotel with first class amenities. The fact that it shares facilites with the JW Marriott is even better. Ritz guesrts can use the lazy river pool next door. The staff was very attentive and the room was very clean and luxurious. We had a group rate that was crazy low and I would stay at this hotel during the off or shoulder seson without any concern over cost.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good. Some have golf views but candidly I could care less. i fyou are there fo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I will begin with the downside, Hotel is isolated, 25 minutes drive to theme parks and shopping malls. This is a minor problem( no problem at all if you are here for golf!) as the Hotel itself is magnificent. My husband and myself travel extensively throughout the world and I believe the staff here are the most helpful, courteous, and well trained I have ever had the pleasure to experience. Special note should be given to the house keepers I had the pleasure to meet several of them as I was in my room when they came to turn down. They were so friendly, cheerful and eager to please and gave me extra chocolates Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business