“Lovely property and great service” 5 of 5 stars

$100 Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #12 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, MA
“Lovely property and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We decided to treat ourselves to 3 days on the club level before going to
St. Petersburg. Our welcome to the hotel was wonderful and warm. Our suite on the club level was absolutely lovely. It was gracious and had two lovely decks. We had a view of the lake from every corner of the room. The room was clean and airy. We were able to have two items of clothing pressed every day. The rooms were quiet and lovely. We were able to enjoy the club presentations and breakfast in the restaurant. On several mornings, we were unable to get a table in the restaurant due to all the conference attendees. We simple got our omelets and brought them up to the club.

I did not think the food on this club level was quite up to the quality of the presentations at some of the other clubs. I am not sure if that is due to the fact that it did not feel as crowded at the time we were there. It was hard to get salad dressing and particular requested items. The food seemed to be recycled. The staff was new and inexperienced, but as always incredibly willing to help.

The spa was lovely and quite empty. The treatments were very good. When there was a misunderstanding with regarding to the treatment, the Spa management stepped up and did the right thing correcting their error and the poor performance or response of first line management.

The spa pool was delightfully empty during the day, so it was a perfect place to swim laps.

I thought it was nice to have the JW Marriott attached. It made for some fun people watching as there were varied conference people throughout the resorts. There was a lot of walking around the resort which was nice. The major negative was all the smokers (hair dressers and financial conference attendees) hanging outside puffing away on their cigarettes. They need to be banned or severely restricted in the areas that they are permitted to smoke.

Room Tip: river view, club level
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hoboken
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family and I have been coming to the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes in Orlando for the past 15 or so years and the facilites and property are still top notch. However, ever since Marriot took over managing the Ritz Carlton and especially the Ritz in Orlando the staff except for a couple of people including Gerald and his staff in the restuarant who have always been excellent and continue to be great, have certainly gone downhill in regards to personality, kindness, and they make you feel not welcomed, which was never the case when Ritz managed the property. The first example of this is housekeeping. Several times through out our stay I had issues with housekeeping. The first night we were at the hotel I came back to my room and the bathroom looked like it wasn't even touched. The housekeeper must of spent literally 5 minutes in my room and it reminded me as if I was staying in a Comfort Inn or Motel 6 in regards to cleaniness. Next, we made some simple request such as if we can get the rooms serviced around 11:30 AM and turndown service around 8 PM. There was a major lack of communication because the housekeepers hardly spoke one word of English. More evidence that cheaper help was hired since Marriot took over because once again this would never have happened when Ritz was managing the property. Next, the golf staff for the first time was rude and didn't know what they were doing. I know the hotel was packed because a lot of schools had off with easter and passover but you could certainly tell except for Gerald and his staff at the restuarant, the lack of caring from the staff in general. I know there aren't many resorts in Orlando and I am sure if I take my nephew to Disney World with the rest of my family I might be forced to stay at the Ritz but definitely would try the Waldorf first if they weren't booked up.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The facilities are great here, but there are a lot of hotels in Orlando with impressive facilities and sub-par service. What distinguishes this hotel is the service. It is absolutely first in class. Every request I made was answered within minutes (and with a smile). The hotel was very busy the week we stayed, but it never felt that way (because they pay a loooot of attention to each guest). The lobby lounge is really stunning and both restaurants are excellent.

This is a terrific Orlando option (much better than the JW next door). It is expensive but actually not when compared to comparable Disney options (it is a much better value than the top-tier Disney properties). Plus it was nice to get a break from the Disney scene. One day, we did the eco-tour at the hotel ---it is a canoe trip around the entrance of the Everglades. We loved experiencing the real Florida and felt a million miles away from the theme park worlds. Also, I played a round of golf and my wife used the spa--both spa and golf course were absolutely first class.

We had one slight problem the first day, but the GM himself resolved it (pretty damn impressive).

Ritz Carlton service is alive and well in Orlando!!!!!

Room Tip: Book the club lounge floor (extra but well worth it). I shouldn't be giving this away---it is a...
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

LOVE LOVE LOVE this place! It was our second stay & the Ritz did it again! Although we booked late and got a smaller room, everything else was exactly as I remembered it. The service is truly unbelievable. The staff treated my kids like gold... bringing them extra treats, little gifts, and even knew them by name. As far as people sticking out and really making the vacation remarkable, please take the time to talk to Zach in the vineyard grill restaurant downstairs. The first time we met him he bought my son a gift with HIS OWN MONEY. We were wowwed. This trip we walked in with a new member of our family and knew us as soon as he seen us by name, except for my daughter. It took one time saying her name for him to "adopt" her like he did with my Son. He brought out a plate of chocolate covered strawberries at breakfast. He sent champagne and cookies to our room to welcome us back. We have told every manager about him because we've never felt so welcomed. We've never stayed at any place with any employee like him. Carlos from in room dining was impressive too! Always so pleasant! As far as entertainment goes, the Ritz is literally 3 mins from seaworld & aquatica. Close to WaWa and other supermarkets and stores. It was very easy to find. We just got home about 3 days ago and already rebooked our stay for the 4th of July. LOVE THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had a wonderful experience at the Ritz! My husband had a conference there last year and it was so nice I decided to take my 8 year old grandson along this time to go to WDW while my husband was at the conference. I met Jordan Robinson, Assistant Front Desk Manager - last year and emailed that we were coming with our grandson. He made everything so special for him - a gift basket - when we arrived and a special treat with his favorite Disney character was waiting in the room the second day we returned from Disney. There is a free hotel shuttle to WDW. We had dinner the first night in the grill and the food was excellent and the rest of the time we ordered room service. The kids meals were great. There is a great pool and outdoor restaurant. It is a first rate hotel for business
and for families - they do a wonderful job with both! It was truly a memorable experience - thanks Jordan!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fox Point, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked two rooms. One of them had a cockroach in it. They gave me two huge gift baskets. It's very much a business hotel. Not great for family time.
Light bulbs were out so maintenance had to come. The breakfast experience is amazing.

• Stayed March 2013
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family just returned from a week long stay at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes. This was our second visit; we loved it so much the first time we visited 4 years ago that we decided to try it again and see if it was still what we remembered. I am happy to report that it is still wonderful! The customer service is second to none and the staff is so welcoming. The rooms are spacious and clean and we loved having housekeeping service twice a day. Most importantly for us is that the hotel is extremely kid friendly without losing any of its elegance. We want to give a huge shout out to Gerald Small and his staff in the Vineyard Grill. We had breakfast there every morning before heading out to the parks and everyone was so friendly and wonderful to my children. Gerald even went so far as to give my 3 daughters (ages 9, 9 and 2.5) gift bags with bracelets from the gift shop on our last morning there. They were absolutely tickled! Juan at the egg station was also wonderful; by day 3 he practically had the eggs cooked for my girls before they sat down.
This hotel is a wonderful alternative if you don't want the hassle of "all Disney all the time" while visiting Orlando. The hotel is 15 minutes from Disney World and only 5 minutes from Sea World. Very easy to get to all of the local attractions. And, let me not forget to mention the great pool - plus the additional use of the JW Marriott pool with lazy river just next door.
We will definitely be back the next time we visit Orlando!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes? Share your experiences!