“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had a wonderful experience at the Ritz! My husband had a conference there last year and it was so nice I decided to take my 8 year old grandson along this time to go to WDW while my husband was at the conference. I met Jordan Robinson, Assistant Front Desk Manager - last year and emailed that we were coming with our grandson. He made everything so special for him - a gift basket - when we arrived and a special treat with his favorite Disney character was waiting in the room the second day we returned from Disney. There is a free hotel shuttle to WDW. We had dinner the first night in the grill and the food was excellent and the rest of the time we ordered room service. The kids meals were great. There is a great pool and outdoor restaurant. It is a first rate hotel for business
and for families - they do a wonderful job with both! It was truly a memorable experience - thanks Jordan!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Fox Point, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked two rooms. One of them had a cockroach in it. They gave me two huge gift baskets. It's very much a business hotel. Not great for family time.
Light bulbs were out so maintenance had to come. The breakfast experience is amazing.

• Stayed March 2013
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family just returned from a week long stay at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes. This was our second visit; we loved it so much the first time we visited 4 years ago that we decided to try it again and see if it was still what we remembered. I am happy to report that it is still wonderful! The customer service is second to none and the staff is so welcoming. The rooms are spacious and clean and we loved having housekeeping service twice a day. Most importantly for us is that the hotel is extremely kid friendly without losing any of its elegance. We want to give a huge shout out to Gerald Small and his staff in the Vineyard Grill. We had breakfast there every morning before heading out to the parks and everyone was so friendly and wonderful to my children. Gerald even went so far as to give my 3 daughters (ages 9, 9 and 2.5) gift bags with bracelets from the gift shop on our last morning there. They were absolutely tickled! Juan at the egg station was also wonderful; by day 3 he practically had the eggs cooked for my girls before they sat down.
This hotel is a wonderful alternative if you don't want the hassle of "all Disney all the time" while visiting Orlando. The hotel is 15 minutes from Disney World and only 5 minutes from Sea World. Very easy to get to all of the local attractions. And, let me not forget to mention the great pool - plus the additional use of the JW Marriott pool with lazy river just next door.
We will definitely be back the next time we visit Orlando!

MVLUN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My trip has not yet begun, and I did get a Concierge e-mail me wanting to personalize my stay. My daughter and I booked a Club Level Room. I responded last Thursday, March 14th, and we are leaving this Saturday, March 23rd. No response back from the Concierge. I went to the Hotel Website and requested reservations from there today, March 19th. We shall see if anyone respond. Since it's Spring Break, I wanted to get ahead on the Disneyworld transportation and Hotel Tours along with dining reservations. I guess I will have to do my own. Tell me this is the Ritz....

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We spent a week at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando again this year! I can not saying anything but how wonderful the service is at this hotel! From the maids to the waiters, they go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and want. The room was very nice and it helps to have maid service twice a day, especially if there are more than 2 sharing a room.
The weight room has a lot of equipment to work out on. I usually went there around 10:00am when it was less crowded. There is a paved trail between the lakes and the hotels (JW Marriott is connected to the Ritz), which measures about a 2 miles from the Ritz to the end and back.
Our favorite restaurant was the Vineyard Grill at the Ritz! We ate there 3 different nights. Ask for Mounir as your server, as he is fantastic! The Ritz also has a little coffee stand set up by the lounge in the morning. Two large cups of coffee will run you about $5.65. They also sells muffins.
There was entertainment in the lounge Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Be sure to ask about any specials they have listed on the web site. We saw they have wine or special drink tastings on Friday's evenings, but when we showed up, we found out it had been cancelled for that evening.
Also, listed on the spa menu is a teenage massage, they no longer provide this treatment.

Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

At our stay at the Ritz grande lakes, hospitality and elegance were immediately the first things I thought of. A gorgeous main entrance with a warm atmosphere and breakaway back to the lounge with views of lush green hills are the first things you see. As our stay happened To fall on valentines day roses and champagne were being served and displayed in every alcove, making a romantic feel for those on getaway. The rooms were nice, but the overall ambience could have proven more creative. But for what it was, it was a lovely room. The pool and spa facilities unfortunately were not on our agenda but we did make it to the lazy river at the bordering hotel, just a walk from the ritz. The food was delicious, both breakfast and lunch, and we tried the sushi bar at the Marriott which also lovely. For breakfast a broad buffet of small treats and full meal options were provided, making it a calm experience with many choices.

While there we spent two days at the parks, one at disney and one at Orlando studios. The hotel provided early morning drop off at Epcot but unfortunately we had to find our own way to universal, about a 15 minute drive.

Overall the stay was lovely, the employees friendly and accommodations pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013
Hamilton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

During the week of March 8th through the 10th 2013, my wife and daughters stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Orlando. As a platinum member and frequent traveler to this hotel, I have never been disappointed by the exemplary service provided by the hotel staff. However, as this is only my second Trip Advisor comment, I want to take this opportunity to personally thank staff manager Melissa Tan and the rest of the team on duty those days for going above & beyond to ensure that my wife, who took ill during her stay, was provided with all necessary means to ensure that she remained comfortable during the rest of her stay. As a global traveler, This hotel has never disappointed me or other members of my family! It remains one of the best and exemplifies the Ritz standard!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes? Share your experiences!