“The spa is my happy place” 5 of 5 stars

$100 Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #10 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“The spa is my happy place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A beautiful hotel with a fabulous spa. The staff here is always very professional. The massages are wonderful. The food at the vitale spa cafe is so good. Truly a nice way to spend the day. You do not have to be a hotel guest to visit the spa. And you can also purchase a day spa pass if you would just like to use the pool, the sauna, the hottub and have lunch. You don't have to have any spa treatments to purchase a day pass. A truly special way to pamper yourself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I loved this hotel. I got a room overlooking the pool and the golf course. Champagne upon checkin, good food, friendly staff.... I could get use to this. The pool area was quiet and employees were so attentive I almost felt uncomfortable. (almost) I also got a facial at the spa there and it was hands down the best facial I have ever had. The woman to did the facial looked about 20 years younger than she was, so I bought every item she recommended. Our group used the bocce ball courts there and stayed up until 2am playing and socializing every night. Very fun.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

No doubt, a huge and beautiful complex. Excellent food and the hotel is spotless. I was really disappointed about security. When I arrived, I immediately went to my beautiful room and dropped off my luggage and went to explore. A co-worker was in a room nearby and phoned me to alert me that a hotel employee was knocking on my door and entered. I phoned the front desk and no one knew anything about it. An hour or so later, another co-worker called me to say that my room door was propped open. My co-worker closed the door and notified me. I phoned the front desk and again and still no one knew anything. After going down to the front desk, I was told that there was a "security issue" and that they needed to move me to a new room...strange... Very poor attention to the security of my belongings.

The spa is a great retreat but I felt that it was overrated by some of the reviewers here. I have been to better spas for far less money. In the dressing room/bathroom area I slipped slightly (no damage) on the tile floor in the 'slip proof" shoes they provided so I reported the slippery floor so no one would fall. When I arrived back from my treatments, I was chatting with a woman who had actually slipped on the same spot. I think my report was ignored. They have "happy hour" prices but be aware that if you choose their pricey packages, the discount does not apply. The check out lady was borderline rude when she was explaining this to me. Very curt.

Overall a good visit and the whole resort makes up for the problems I had, but are definitely worth noting.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. They have more room. Also if you ask for a room facing Sea World, you can s...
Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our first "Luxury" hotel and it was such a treat! We hit the spa first with a pedicure; the women and their service was Top Notch! We then took advantage of the rest of the spa area; the whirlpool, sauna and fitness centers were all excellent - we both loved the orange-ginger infused water! After receiving the call that our room was ready, we headed over to lobby to pick up our key and was greeted by Vernon, who showed us to Room 936. A king room, with an excellent view of Disney, Sea World & part of Universal, as well. Vernon pointed out all of the rooms features and what was complimentary, and what was not. :) He was a great guy and very helpful! He made sure we knew what time the fireworks went off at Disney, hung our clothes up in the closet, told us how far the trail around the resort was, and gave us plenty of ideas of fun things to do right there on the property (kayaking, biking, walking, golfing, etc) In the morning, we walked the trail Vernon spoke of and noticed a garden with home grown herbs and maybe some vegetables too, we also said hello to Chef manning the barbeque - it smelled so good!! We enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Vineyard Grill; it was delicious and included many items from fresh breads, fruits, cheeses, eggs, meats, cereals and my favorite: an omlet station! There was an unbearable & disruptive child that the parent had no control of whatsoever sitting right next to us, which was ridiculous for about 15 minutes until they finally decided to leave. We checked out after breakfast and did have a bit of wait on the car, but I expect because everyone is checking out - but those guys are hustling! At any rate, the ground are absolutely beautiful and everything was gorgeous, as expected. We are not accustomed to staying at places such as The Ritz, so we enjoyed it thoroughly. We had a conversation as we drove off the property about those who stay here often; do they take all of this for granted or do they realize all of the hard work that goes into maintaining a place like this and do they enjoy like we did or do they just expect it? I hope they take it all in like we did...remember, we are all human and should be treated with kindness and respect. We did not see that towards everyone here, but hope those that read my review may remember that. ;)

Room Tip: 936 was excellent view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I just returned from 4 nights at the Ritz Grande Lakes. The property is lovely - especially for Orlando. You feel far, far away from the craziness of Orlando mayhem. The rooms are not huge - but beautifully appointed. The lobby has a large comfortable lounge with a casual menu and live music on Thursdays. By live music I mean a guy with a guitar. He was good - fun and upbeat. The pool is serene. There's one hot tub - which could be larger, or better yet, duplicated. The weather was chilly, so that place was popular.

What was truly outstanding was the service. Every Ritz human being I looked at gave me the warmest smile and shared a wonderful spirit. It was across the board - from the reception desk, to the maids, to the pool guy. Everyone was delightful and made our stay memorable.

Thank you!

Ft Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

From the time you drive up you know the Ritz Carlton Orlando Grand Lakes is dedicated to providing the best hotel experience available. Front dest and management are tops in the industry. The fooms are fresh and spotlessly clean. Face north looking at the pool for a great view plus see the fireworks each night of the different parks. Spa and gym are outstanding. Do not miss the buffet breakfast. While a little pricy it is well worth it.
Simply put, this hotel goes the extra mile to assure your stay is exceptional.

• Stayed January 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have stayed in several "luxury" Orlando hotels and this is by far the nicest. Great location, very clean and friendly service. The Hotel is Very close to Convention Center and easy drive to local attractions. Hotel has very nice relaxing pool area.

The Concierge was very helpful with helping us find locally owned breakfast restaurant options off site.

The Valet did not seem to be on duty in the early mornings when we returned from nightlife which would have made the valet parking fee worthless if we hadn't just left the car at the entrance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes? Share your experiences!