“Great stay as always” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Zurich
“Great stay as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great family friendly hotel. Upon checking in they brought snacks to the room for the kids. Nice heated pool in Nov which is a must! Rooms were nice, you can also walk over to the JW if you want to move around a bit. The Vineyard Grill had amazing steaks and you can also order it in room. Kids don't want fancy breakfasts so they have a starbucks at the JW and also a nice breakfast buffet if you want lots of fresh fruit. They have a treasure hunt for the kids and every afternoon complimentary drinks in the lobby which the kids loved as every day it was different. Only thing I didn't like was when I wanted to book a park trip, they had a desk at the JW. It's somehow Universal related and they kept pushing universal at me while the kids wanted to go to Disney. There are no complimentary shuttles, you have to pay(for universal) and no shuttles at all for Disney. I guess it's a bit far to Disney and that's why they don't have a shuttle. We went by cab which is convenient but was just surprised by the lack of option. Otherwise we loved the restaurants, pool, and play area for the kids. They have a nice gym with varying machines. Service great as always.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I just wanted to take a moment to commend the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes delivering one of the best hotel stays that my wife and I have ever experienced. We are frequent travelers and have a great appreciation for luxurious accommodations and outstanding service. We checked in on Wednesday, November 21st, and the front desk staff could not have done a better job. We were offered drinks, cookies and my two-year old girl was showered with gifts. That evening we dined at the Vineyard Grill and again, the service was top-notch. We had a great meal and was impressed by how kid-friendly the restaurant was even late at night. The next day I requested the impossible from their concierge and he delivered! With just two hours notice, he secured a character breakfast reservation for us at Chef Mickeys. Later that afternoon my daughter had a blast at the playground area and splash pool. We then headed over to Ritz Kids for the Fish Feeding and Lady Bug Release which absolutely thrilled our little girl. That evening we ordered room service, which arrived promptly and far exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed the Vineyard Grill breakfast buffet on two occasions and both times the food and service was exceptional. During our last day, we attended the Gingerbread School and had the greatest time.

Not only does the staff go out of their way to deliver a great experience, but they do it with authenticity.

Having recently moved to South Florida, my wife and I had been scouring the state for the perfect family getaway destination. Needless to say… we found it and we can't wait to go back!

Minnnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful property, outstanding service, and nice rooms. My only complaint is that even though the property was far from being full, they put us right next to a room with animals (cat and dog). The dog barked all morning and afternoon. I wanted to call and complain, but my husband would not let me. I would suggest requesting a room far from all animals. Overall a great experience however!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you're in the Orlando area for any reason this is the best place to stay. You get the full Ritz Carlton experience at a lower price than most other locations due to the lower cost of Inland Orlando real estate. It's set on a beautiful lake and golf courses with balconies on most all rooms. A lot of group meetings are held here and the property connects through a convention/ballroom/meeting room center to the sister JW Marriott property

Room Tip: I prefer the lake view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fairfield CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here as a family for a few nights recently and enjoyed the property very much. We had 3 rooms, one of which was an executive suite, which was very nice. All the rooms are kept up well, very pretty with blue and green color schemes. Check in was seamless and professional, with a glass of bubbly in hand we went to check out the rooms and were very happy. The service everywhere was top notch, really the staff couldn't do more to help you. The buffet breakfast was very good and enjoyed by all. The pool area was beautiful, but it was a bit too cool to really enjoy it. We went to Universal Studios while here, and it was only about a 15 -20 minute drive over there. The first night we had dinner at Citron in the connected Marriot - unfortunately the food was poor there, even thought the service was very nice, I can't recommend it. The next night we stayed closer to home and ate dinner at the Vineyard Grill. It was expensive even for someone used to paying high prices, but a nice experience and the steaks were very good.
It's good to know there is a Walgreens right on the corner outside the property where you can pick up anything you need, and also a gas station directly opposite the entrance.
The only other thing I noticed and you might want to know is while the executive suite had nice Bulgari lotions and shampoos, the regular rooms had a Ritz brand and the moisturizer was way to spicy and florally for my taste. Next time I'll pack my own. We will return - I highly recommend.

Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We are a family with one 13 yr. old boy. We have been here before and had to go back. Everything is the best. We travel only to the Ritz line of hotels and rarely go to other hotels. We tried the Waldorf in Orlando and it was not like this..see review I posted for them! We all love that they treat people like they are all very special. Donna, who makes the eggs in the morning was awesome. She made us all feel special. The place is tops, that all I can say. We rented cabanas by the pool-they were great too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Here in late september for a meeting at the JW Marriott just across a walkway. In short: an excellent stay at a ver favorable rate. The rooms were of a high standard, and adhered to the usual RC best practices and guidelines. Some RC's are getting a bit tired (see San Francisco) but this one seems well kept and fresh. The front desk was extraordinarily gracious and helpful. There was once incident, where the folks in the room next door were shouting in the middle of the night (drunk, football)... but security put an end to it quickly. The hotel breakfast buffet was gorgeous.

I generally hate Orlando, but seem to spend a lot of time there for meetings: this is my new go-to hotel. A very strong stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business