“Great ritz Carlton Experience” 5 of 5 stars

$100 Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #11 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh
“Great ritz Carlton Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel lives up to the usual Ritz standards. Room was a little small but very clean and well maintained. There were no King size beds available. I had a room with two Executive beds. This are standard full size beds. The two beds take up a lot of space so the room is a little tight. The daily service and turn down service is always special at these hotels. If you use the coffee pot once, the next time your room is serviced, the coffee is set out with a bottle of water to fill the pot, and the cup there and ready. It is these little touches that make it a pleasure to stay at Ritz hotels. The staff is always well trained and very very courteous and helpful, from the valet parking attendants to the front desk and concierge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We've had many enjoyable stays at different Ritz-Carlton properties before but this stay was by far the best. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Every person that worked there was great with kids and made them feel special. The room was spacious and the bathroom beautiful. Gorgeous view from the balcony of the lakes. You'll enjoy the pools because by staying here, you have access to three nice pools including the lazy river at the JW Marriott next door.

Special thanks to Charles for going out of his way to make our stay even more comfortable. And special thanks from Leo to Zach for getting him his "favorite" breakfast. Hope to be back very soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I will start wtih my review of the actual accommodations. Accommodations are up to typical Ritz standards, cleanliness was excellent. Bathroom was spacious with plenty of linens and toiletry items. The balcony had a lovely view. It was evening when we checked in so we did not get to enjoy the pool, but I'm sure it's lovely if it is anything like the JW's next door.

Dinner at the sister property's fine dining restaurant, Primo, was excellent. We plan to return this weekend, but we won't stay at the Ritz again, here's why:

I was looking to book one night on the same day, due to needing to head down to Orlando unexpectedly. I attempted to book the American Express Card package from the website but was having trouble doing so. I called the Marriott Platinum line, and the agent gave me another number to call. I called that number and it was actually the American Express Platinum Concierge, which was fine, since I was booking an Amex rate anyhow. The AMEX concierge kept me on the line while she booked the reservation, which is RIGHT NOW as we speak on this webpage on the Ritz Orlando's website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Orlando/Reservations/Packages/Detail/AmericanExpressExclusive.htm. She confirmed the one night stay, and then emailed me the confirmation. I'm glad the call was recorded so when I complain to AMEX Platinum about the Ritz denial of their confirmed package, there will be a record of it.

I check in, the same night after driving to Orlando, and confirm with the person at the Ritz check in counter the package I booked. I also confirm that I am able to use the $100 resort credit at any on property restaurant and the person who is checking me in says this is not a problem. I take my husband out to eat at Primo on property, we get a good night's sleep and get ready for our stressful day ahead.

I get my bill under the door, and there is no resort credit, despite my having confirmed it when booking, and at check in. I think, no problem, I will go down before we check out and and straighten it out. I present the bill and am met with a stonewall and total amnesia. I tell the staff member that I have the confirmation email from the AMEX Platinum concierge and that I confirmed with the staff who checked me in last night that there was $100 resort credit and breakfast, and she just stared at me. Then she went in a back door and returned with another woman, who never even looked at me. I was given dirty looks and the original staff member finally credited the $100, I asked her (nicely although I was severely strained) about the breakfast and she literally did not answer me, she just stared at me. My husband witnessed both check in and this incident and was annoyed but wanted to just leave and take it up with AMEX later.

So far, in 2012 I have stayed 67 actual nights in Marriott properties, including Ritz, JW, Marriott, Courtyard and Springhill, and I have NEVER encountered a problem with my bill, EVER. Way to go Ritz Orlando, you have earned the distinguished honor of being the first. The worst part isn't at all the mistake, that can happen anywhere, it's the way the staff handled it, and the way they treated me. Shame on you.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed two nights at this property and really enjoyed my stay. It is a very well managed typical ritz Carlton property. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms were well maintained and very nice. The only issue I had with the room was the AC system that would not work perfectly. Overall definitely recommendable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Loving staying here. From breakfast to dinner & midnight movie. From tennis, swimming, aqua boot camp and classes and all the equipment you could wish for in the gym. A great place for the perfect holiday where you can indulge but also keep active with some really good classes. The staff are so thoughtful and positive and have a great 'can do' attitude. From Emilie at reception to Fagalie at breakfast and everyone in-between they have given us such a warm welcome and professional service. We will be sad to go. If I had to find something to fault (and I'm struggling) I'd say that thy could have more efficient toasters at breakfast. The toasters take such a long time and it would be better to have some wooden tongs to get the hot toast out (when it's eventually ready) as I'm not sure how safe it is to use metal tongs in a toaster that's plugged in. That said, everything has been great. A fantastic place to stay. If you want to feel looked after in a lovely setting then go no further:-)

Gainesville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Orlando hotels can be long on promises and short on execution but the Ritz Grande Lake meets or exceeds the standards expected in every detail. We booked the executive suite (prefer the 1.5 bath option). It was elegant, 2 balconies, wet bar in the living room. Wonderful bedroom with divan (what a great idea). Ritz has returned the Bulgari amenities to the rooms! Breakfast by room service was spot on time and service was top notch.

Check in - helpful quick valet and bellman - check!
Front desk greets you by name and comps breakfast during your stay - check!
Lobby is classy and convenient. Beautiful restaurant options. The grounds are magnificent.

We will be back - nothing in Orlando compares.

Room Tip: The suites are great bargains especially those with view to the resort and golf course. Two balconi...