Firstly, this is an exceptional resort with an amazing hard working staff. I must say this is one of my best experiences with a hotel staff. They go out of their way to assist you.
Price: getting the best deal isn't that hard. You just need to figure out what package you will really use. To start simply go to the Ritz website or call in. We selected a "stay 4 nights, get one free" package. Why? (as opposed to others) - this package also gave us 3 things we would normally have paid for - free internet for 3 devices (worth$30 a day), free parking (worth $20 a day) and free daily breakfast (worth around $70 a day for 2 people). That's a savings of $480 in 4 days.
Sunday TIP: if you can book in for their legendary BRUNCH. Very good!!
Upgrades: If you speak really nicely to the front desk they may upgrade you to a better room with a better view. Standard room is just fine. But, I wouldn't make the big jump to a suite (going fro $200 a night to $600). Spend your money on 2 other things:
a) if you want to spoil yourself by the pool --$200 a day gets you a very nice cabana with a TV by the pool.
TIP: if you spend $200 in food and rinks the fee is waived ;)
b) Spa. Ok, this is one of the best spa's around. It's very expensive and worth it. Again, if you ask the front desk, they may give you a $25-50 credit to use. Note: an 80min massage does cost $206.
Not many. But i did have 2 issues with the resort:
1. Internet - the internet does not extend to the pool. I check many times. That's really annoying if you like to surf with your ipad, etc...
2. Gym - the gym is great. But! you cannot use the change rooms. I thought this was very odd. You can use the change rooms IF you book a spa appointment or pay $30 to use the change rooms (and other spa facilities). So, note to Ritz staff - i think guests should be able to simply change to use the gym.
If you like to shop i suggest you take the short drive to the Outlet Mall close buy.....they have some great stores like Prada ...and when do you ever see Prada on sale?
Enjoy! This resort is beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 500-acre nature inspired luxury resort is located 10 miles from Walt Disney World; 10 miles from Airport and 7 miles from Universal Orlando. Guests can enjoy on-site eco-tours, kayaking, fishing, ropes course, tennis courts, championship golf course, award-winning spa with adult-only pool and dining by James Beard award-winning chefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Marriott, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Ritz Orlando